Author Topic: Those wacky Euros lmao  (Read 255 times)

mrtonguetwista

Those wacky Euros lmao
« on: June 02, 2007, 04:17:45 PM »
COPENHAGEN, Denmark (AP) -- The European Championship qualifier between Sweden and Denmark was abandoned at 3-3 Saturday after a Danish fan tried to attack the referee for awarding a penalty kick in the 89th minute.

Danish soccer officials initially said referee Herbert Fandel had awarded Sweden a 3-0 victory, but European soccer's governing body said the result would have to be confirmed by an investigation.

"No decision has been taken," UEFA spokesman Fritz Ahlstrom said.

Denmark had rallied from a 3-0 deficit to tie it 3-3 before Fandel sent off Denmark defender Christian Poulsen for punching Sweden striker Markus Rosenberg in the stomach.

After Fandel pointed to the penalty spot at Parken Stadium, the spectator charged onto the field and tried to punch the referee. He was intercepted by Danish defender Michael Gravgaard. Danish police said the attacker had been arrested.

Fandel and his linesmen walked off the field, and Danish soccer federation spokesman Lars Behrendt soon announced the referee had given Sweden the 3-0 victory.

"It is a sad ending," Denmark striker Jon Dahl Tomasson told Danish TV. "I can understand that the referee called off the game. This is going to cost us."

Sweden had led 3-0 inside 26 minutes in the Group F game after two goals by Johan Elmander and another from Peter Hansson. But goals from Daniel Agger (34th), Tomasson (62nd) and substitute Leon Andreasen (77th) set up Denmark's comeback.

If UEFA confirms the result, Sweden leads the group with 15 points from six games, two more than idle Northern Ireland. Denmark is fourth with seven points from five games.

"The match was a bit too entertaining and got a terribly bad ending," Sweden coach Lars Lagerback said.

Jome

Re: Those wacky Euros lmao
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 06:22:54 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/pZ2t2YFCuGU" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/pZ2t2YFCuGU</a>

Funny shit.  :D

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 06:52:07 PM »
word on the streets is that danish player will get sued by the state lol
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2007, 05:04:35 AM »
^ I've heard it too. It looks like the Police of Denmark will sue him because the punch was intentional and it had nothing to do with football. I dunno what to say, honestly. This shit happens. Poulsen is a certified moron tho.