Author Topic: OMG, Kobe says he wants Jerry West back or to be traded  (Read 1069 times)

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
Re: OMG, Kobe says he wants Jerry West back or to be traded
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2007, 10:55:49 PM »
Bitch move by Kobe.
I reluctantly agree.

TuSlic

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2007, 11:01:30 PM »
trade him!  fuck it, get some good players for him then trade off odom + kwame/etc and build a real contender.

wcsoldier

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2007, 11:23:35 PM »
Bitch move by Kobe.
I reluctantly agree.
yeah I agree... but when your front office is sleepin during 3 years, what do u expect ? Well all know Kobe is not patient at all , the front office knows it... we have a dominant player, the FO ain't able to build a contender around him.. what more can I say.. though I agree Kobe should have make it clear earlier, instead of talking about it's "a process, a growin team" BS and basically saying the total contrary after the loss in Game 5.. now our franchise is in real trouble... it's a win or lose situation ;

1) West is back, do his best , we can contend very soon
2) Kobe is traded ,after I see what we had for Shaq, I don't wanna even think the players we are going to have for Kobe ...

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2007, 12:08:14 AM »
How is this a bitch move by Kobe? He's not a Vince Carter type of player, he's a Michael Jordan type of player - the legacy he leaves behind means everyting. He doesn't want to finish his career with 3 championship rings that people give Shaq all the credit for. The front office has just waisted 2 years of his prime by surrounding him with useless players like Smush Parker, Brian Cook, Von Wafer, Sasha Vujacic, Kwame Brown, Chucky Atkins, and Vladimir Radmanovic. At this point, I wouldn't blame him for feeling like this. If the fans are this frustrated I can't imagine how he must feel.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

rik

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2007, 12:12:57 AM »
Nobody put a gun to his head and made him sign the contract. I am not feeling sorry for a guy making 100 million dollars. If he wants us to sign another player then he should take a pay cut. Make it happen. Kobe is my favorite player, but this is a bitch move. I don't condone any player asking for a trade. If you didn't want to play for the team then why the fuck did you sign the contract?!

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2007, 01:11:05 AM »
its about fucking time kobe spoke up and fuck all the waiting for these players to develop the time is NOW.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2007, 01:30:21 AM »
kobe's not going to win another title regardless of what team he's on.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2007, 04:56:43 AM »
BTW I think now it's clear that he wants some players with trade value to be traded.... he wouldn't push it like this if all he wants is an MLE nigga and some vet min niggas... ya dig? So basically he wants a GM with balls. And maybe he also wants to be the inofficial co-GM. Shit's going to be wild this summer. If nothing big goes down, Lakers should really consider trading his ass, as hard it may sound... because if he opts out and leaves them with nuttin, they gon suck ass for a long ass time.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2007, 07:03:58 AM »
im not gonna say i told yall so, but ric bucher's discussion with kobe confirmed everything i've been saying this past season. "i just cant wait for this current team to develop."

i consider myself one of the more optimistic laker fans here, but all these unrealistic fanatics act like kobe and phil jackson would care more about the progress of their youngsters than they would care about fully utilizing the best player in the world by putting reliable, established stars around him and winning some championships before he starts declining. unfortunately, kobe is not that generous. kobe wants to add onto his own legacy, and he wants to do it with the laker franchise. whether or not thats selfish is up to u.

but the matter of the fact is unless u want to lose kobe, get him some fuckin star power. everybody knows jerry west is the man to do juss that, hes smart enough to recognize that kobe is a natural-born champion and would capitalize off of it as soon as possible. we all love the scrubs of our team so its natural to hope they become superstars in the future, but any time we give up a chance to trade one of them for some more proven talent is going to be unacceptable in kobe's mind, and thats juss somethin were gonna have to deal with (or not, if u want to trade kobe).

Citizen-Y

« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2007, 07:44:34 AM »
lawl  No different than Shaq demanding money from Buss!

How dare Kobe do that!!?!

lolocaust

wcsoldier

« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2007, 08:34:40 AM »
because if he opts out and leaves them with nuttin, they gon suck ass for a long ass time.

even if we trade him, we are gonna suck ass.. you always lost when you trade for a superstar (read Oneal, Iverson ect..)

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2007, 08:51:05 AM »
ESPN said kobe wants to be traded so it must be true..

Citizen-Y

« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2007, 09:09:06 AM »
NIK is now NIB.

Now Im Bynum.

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2007, 09:16:11 AM »
Lakers been bad lately...so why not get West back?
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2007, 10:42:08 AM »
In the end Kobe Bryant is not the GM or owner of the team. Teams that are controlled by the desires of one player never end up in a good position. The Lakers gave up Shaq so that he would stay in L.A. He signed the 7 year deal, he wanted to lead the team, and as the super star of the Lakers NBA when his team is not winning the first person he should look at his himself. I haven't seen him do that once. You may say "what more can he do?". My answer would be not much, but that still doesn't give him the right to go out and publicly blame everyone in the organization but himself. He made it clear he wanted change, the Lakers are listening, now he's just taking things too far.