Author Topic: Joell Ortiz - Brick-Bodega Chronicles Album (This 1's For You Dream_Shatterer)  (Read 173 times)

Lunatic

Damn, I ain't a big fan of n.y. (mostly because i haven't taken the time to listen to alot of there music, mostly because hate the production). I do plan to listen to nas, mobb deep, wu-tang, etc. catalogs one day, but since this dude is on aftermath my interest was high, so i checked this album out today.

And WOW it's REAL good. Only knock on it is production (on very few tracks as well). Production ruins the 1st 2 tracks, and it's too bad because Joell spits heat on them. brooklyn remix, caught up, night in my p's, hip-hop, modern day slavery, 125 connections, block royal, keep on callin, and time is money are FIRE. First 2 tracks I already explained, and BQE is alright along with brooklyn b.s, Latino is only wack song on album (ain't hatin on the latinos, just don't feel the track), and 125 the finale has same problem as the 2 openers.

This is in my top 5 of the year so far.

All in all, GREAT album. Can't wait for the aftermath album (THAT BETTER DROP) 8)
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

herpes

this mixtape has been in my car for the past 2 weeks non stop.  Its got that old school NY feel to it.  Dope production, dope guest spots, Joell Ortiz does his thing, in this day and age you cant ask for more.

Lunatic

this mixtape has been in my car for the past 2 weeks non stop.  Its got that old school NY feel to it.  Dope production, dope guest spots, Joell Ortiz does his thing, in this day and age you cant ask for more.

it's not a mixtape, an album nah?

all original beats, on Koch label, got a video out that's gettin play on bet and shit, seems more like an album ???

agree with everything you say though 8)

herpes

all original beats, on Koch label, got a video out that's gettin play on bet and shit, seems more like an album ???

nah it sounds like a album but its considered a mix-tape for some reason.  Kinda like prodigy's return of the mac

Lunatic

nah it sounds like a album but its considered a mix-tape for some reason.  Kinda like prodigy's return of the mac

thats fucked. Both of them are albums to me for the reasons i stated

Tha Crip

i think The Brick is hot as hell...but to be honest i wasnt feeling it on the first listen...but i had been hearnin nothin but good things so i burned it to a cd and checked it and after a few spins and realized that its hot as hell.....clever lyrics....and i like the beats....now imagine how his aftermath album is gonna be like....cant wait, i hope he drops one....but anyways...i came across a track that wasnt on the album...busta rhymes is on the intro...check it out...hot as beat....enjoy

Joell Ortiz - The Brick: Bodega Chronicles Promo (I SAY AGAIN THIS IS A TRACK NOT ON THE CD)

http://www.zshare.net/audio/2059062c40f56a/

also heres a mixtape he recently put out with Big Mike called "Who The Fuck Is Joell Ortiz"....enjoy

http://www.zshare.net/download/2059251713278e/
« Last Edit: May 28, 2007, 09:05:17 PM by Tha Crip »
"I F**k Wit Feds Magazine"

floatin_above_everything

Props Luni, glad to see your gettin on your East Coast shit, and yeah Joell Ortiz is one our brightest spots right now, with that real hip-hop style that focuses on the lyrics. Great emcee and he's been able to separate himself from the many other NY "mixtape rappers."  I gotta agree with the opinion that it's got more of an album feel than Return of the Mac, and he's on Koch too, it's in stores that don't carry mixtapes. I'm just glad a rapper that is getting mainstream exposure is trying to "bring back' hip hop if ya feel me.

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
125 pt. 2 is my favorite song, along with modern day slavery.

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
im feeling that joint "hip-hop" alot but i was leary about coppin the whole cd. but i guess ill give it a try

Lunatic

i think The Brick is hot as hell...but to be honest i wasnt feeling it on the first listen...but i had been hearnin nothin but good things so i burned it to a cd and checked it and after a few spins and realized that its hot as hell.....clever lyrics....and i like the beats....now imagine how his aftermath album is gonna be like....cant wait, i hope he drops one....but anyways...i came across a track that wasnt on the album...busta rhymes is on the intro...check it out...hot as beat....enjoy

Joell Ortiz - The Brick: Bodega Chronicles Promo (I SAY AGAIN THIS IS A TRACK NOT ON THE CD)

http://www.zshare.net/audio/2059062c40f56a/

also heres a mixtape he recently put out with Big Mike called "Who The Fuck Is Joell Ortiz"....enjoy

http://www.zshare.net/download/2059251713278e/

that mixtape come after or before the album?

Grown Ass Kid

i thought that intro beat was hot, hip hop was stupid, brooklyn bullshit was tight tho

rik

125 pt. 2 is my favorite song, along with modern day slavery.

Yeah, 125 pt. 2 is fuckin' sick. Good album.

Tha Crip

i think that mixtape i posted came after The Brick came out.
"I F**k Wit Feds Magazine"

Lunatic

i think that mixtape i posted came after The Brick came out.

true props

Lunatic

just did a bit of research, that mixtape is almost 2 yrs old, but good lookin still