Author Topic: Damn thats gay (Lebron slapping people with no suspension)  (Read 631 times)

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Damn thats gay (Lebron slapping people with no suspension)
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2007, 02:34:54 PM »
Nik thank God it's the only one who's saying those things. He's just a Lebron James fan who's trying to defend him. But seriously it's so clever we shouldn't even argue about it.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2007, 11:41:12 PM »
http://www.ohio.com/mld/ohio/sports/basketball/nba/cleveland_cavaliers/17278878.htm

Late call lets Cavs star avoid ejection in Game 1
By Brian Windhorst
Beacon Journal sportswriter

AUBURN HILLS, MICH. - Forget about all the focus on LeBron James and his decision to pass at the end of Game 1. It turns out that the Cavaliers were fortunate that he was even playing in the fourth quarter. According to the rules, James should've been ejected late in the third quarter.

The NBA made no official announcement, but a league official confirmed Thursday that after a video review, NBA Senior Vice President Stu Jackson charged James with a flagrant foul-penalty 2 on a play with 1:20 left in the third quarter Monday night. Had it been called at the time, James would have been ejected.

There was no fine announced, but the usual for flagrant-2 is $5,000. Jackson could've suspended James for Game 2, but decided against it.

As James was following through on a jump shot, he elbowed Detroit Pistons center Chris Webber in the head with his right arm. Webber crashed to the floor. There was no foul called by the three game officials.

The maneuver was almost exactly the same as the two elbows Los Angeles Lakers star Kobe Bryant was suspended for during the season. As Bryant was falling after releasing jump shots on both occasions, he swiped at Manu Ginobili of the San Antonio Spurs and Marko Jaric of the Minnesota Timberwolves. He was suspended after each, with the NBA calling it ``an unnatural basketball act.''

Webber said he didn't feel James intended to hurt him on the play.

``I had jumped up there with him, and we made contact,'' Webber said before Game 2. ``I didn't think he did it on purpose.''

Though there was some chatter about the play on Internet sites and a clip was posted on YouTube, there was almost no media scrutiny of the play. Instead, all were reviewing James' decision to pass to Donyell Marshall with five seconds left.

Had the clip been replayed as often as Bryant's elbows, especially the one against Jaric after his first suspension, the NBA might have felt pressure to issue the same penalty.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

teecee

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2007, 11:48:54 PM »
The play looks very similar to Kobe's where he got suspended; LBJ possibly should've been suspended.  However, dude has NO rep at all of being dirty, so that may have helped him.

And if ya'll really think Lebron is getting preferential treatment, then why can't he get a call in the playoffs?  Its like the league is making up for giving Wade every call last year or something............

And Laker fans, you are right; the league hates Kobe, as do a lot of people.  Great talent, one of the best players ever, but he just seems like an asshole........

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2007, 12:08:51 AM »
The play looks very similar to Kobe's where he got suspended; LBJ possibly should've been suspended.  However, dude has NO rep at all of being dirty, so that may have helped him.

And if ya'll really think Lebron is getting preferential treatment, then why can't he get a call in the playoffs?  Its like the league is making up for giving Wade every call last year or something............

And Laker fans, you are right; the league hates Kobe, as do a lot of people.  Great talent, one of the best players ever, but he just seems like an asshole........

LOL@Kobe being a "dirty player" and an "asshole"...I can tell you've READ a lot about him. Was MJ an asshole? I'd like to hear your opinion on this. Your answer to that should very well confirm how media influenced you really are...PeACe

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2007, 03:30:24 AM »
let them play..

fuck suspensions n fines

teecee

« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2007, 09:38:34 AM »

LOL@Kobe being a "dirty player" and an "asshole"...I can tell you've READ a lot about him. Was MJ an asshole? I'd like to hear your opinion on this. Your answer to that should very well confirm how media influenced you really are...PeACe

Of course MJ was an asshole, but he hid it a lot better.  One of my favourite MJ quotes is to Bill Wennington after the Bulls won  one of their chips and Wennington was crying:  "What the fuck are you crying for? I'm the one who won it for you!"   

And NIK, shut the fuck up about the media man, people can form opinions for themselves, not all of us are blinded by our love for our favourite players.  In fact, most of your fellow Laker fans on here can't even believe how you dickride Kobe.   

And I never said Kobe was dirty but he has had a few incidents, thus the rep.  As for being as asshole, I don't like the way he carries himself, but why would it bother you if I think he is an asshole?  I've already said he is one of the best ever, shouldnt that be enough.........

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2007, 04:19:16 PM »
Maybe LJ should have gotten suspended. I probably would have to be consistant with the rules, but that doesn't mean Kobe didn't deserve to get suspended. Especially the second time.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2007, 07:32:54 PM »

Of course MJ was an asshole, but he hid it a lot better.  One of my favourite MJ quotes is to Bill Wennington after the Bulls won  one of their chips and Wennington was crying:  "What the fuck are you crying for? I'm the one who won it for you!"   

And NIK, shut the fuck up about the media man, people can form opinions for themselves, not all of us are blinded by our love for our favourite players.  In fact, most of your fellow Laker fans on here can't even believe how you dickride Kobe.   

And I never said Kobe was dirty but he has had a few incidents, thus the rep.  As for being as asshole, I don't like the way he carries himself, but why would it bother you if I think he is an asshole?  I've already said he is one of the best ever, shouldnt that be enough.........

It's just funny to me when people judge someone they don't know the first thing about. And MJ didn't hide shit...The NBA and the MEDIA hid it for him...If YOUUUU weren't blinded, you woulda' seen this a long time ago...PeACe

teecee

« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2007, 01:15:03 AM »

It's just funny to me when people judge someone they don't know the first thing about. And MJ didn't hide shit...The NBA and the MEDIA hid it for him...If YOUUUU weren't blinded, you woulda' seen this a long time ago...PeACe

What the fuck am i blinded about?  I just said MJ was an asshole, didn't I?  and i said Kobe was the second best SG ever, what exactly am i blinded about?  For the last time, the media ain't got shit to do withj my opinions. get that through your fucking head, or shut the fuck up

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2007, 10:01:50 PM »
Of course MJ was an asshole, but he hid it a lot better. 

That's where you contradict yourself...he did it a lot better? according to who?... and you wonder why I begin to believe your opinions are media influenced? Jordan was treated like a God, his flaws were never flaunted around the league like Kobe...PeACe

teecee

« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2007, 04:53:57 PM »
NIK:  Here's a quote from your buddy Phil Jackson:  "I've never seen anybody receive more allowances from management than Kobe." 

Kobe is a diva, the Jennifer Lopez of the NBA, we all know it.  Did we learn that from the media?  Of course? Where have you gained your opinion of Kobe from?  DO you know him personally?  Can you honestly say that your opinion of him is not influenced by anyone or anything to do with the media?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2007, 06:38:16 PM »
NIK:  Here's a quote from your buddy Phil Jackson:  "I've never seen anybody receive more allowances from management than Kobe." 

Kobe is a diva, the Jennifer Lopez of the NBA, we all know it.  Did we learn that from the media?  Of course? Where have you gained your opinion of Kobe from?  DO you know him personally?  Can you honestly say that your opinion of him is not influenced by anyone or anything to do with the media?

Jerry Buss loves Kobe like a son...This is no secret. What does this have anything to do with him being an "asshole"? ::)

How is Kobe a diva though? Gilbert Arenas is known as the diva of the NBA, genius, not Kobe. Kobe is just known as "stuck-up" and "cocky"...LOL. You're even WORSE than the media.