Author Topic: **BATTLECAT INTERVIEW PART 2 & OMAR CRUZ INTERVIEW (VERY DOPE)  (Read 184 times)

reality1000

• Lil Geezy
battlecat talking about his solo album and a 2pac remix album :o........omars album sounds like its gonna be dope.....he needs to get at battlecat though to make it a west coast classic!

----------------------------

http://www.thaformula.com/dj_battlecat_producers_series_day_14_nothing_but_the_funk_part_2_thaformula.com_music.html

http://www.thaformula.com/omar_cruz_hip_hop_needs_me_thaformula.com_music.html

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
Re: **BATTLECAT INTERVIEW PART 2 & OMAR CRUZ INTERVIEW (VERY DOPE)
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2007, 09:01:14 AM »
Everything is going fucking crazy and this album is coming together.  We’re almost done with it and we’re looking for a summer release.  When we’re done with it, we’re supposed to go to Dre with it and see if Dre wants to jump on which it looks like he is.  So you know just the fact that he's interested in it is a blessing.  But like I said, it's not a matter of who I wanna work with, it's a matter of who has my sound and who can accommodate me with the sound that I need.  I'm not gonna go and work with Cool & Dre because they are hot.  I worked with Cool & Dre because they actually have that soulful sound that I'm known for.

That sounds pretty good. I don't think they'll be able to hold the summer-release though. After all, we're already at the end of May and the promo hasn't even started. It's all good though. I ain't tripping. We just had the 2007 BC mixtape, so I got enough Omar Cruz material to bump this summer.

Also interesting to hear that Dr. Dre is willing to give the album a spin and produce a cut if he likes the end result. He doens't give every artist this chance...

Jimmy Iovine is going crazy over the album and everything is good right now.

And THAT is always good to hear: that Mr Iovine is loving the album. Hopefully they'll push O Dot Cruz in a major way 8)

Props to ThaFormula.com too btw. They always ask very good questions.

~Lucien~

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2007, 09:16:55 AM »
It's a lot of up tempo, a lot of energy, definitely a few legends on the record as well. Cube, Snoop, Dogg Pound, Xzibit and I would love to have Quik and Dre as that would really make me happy as far as on the mic, not so much on the production side. I would love to produce them on a song and have them on my album.

hmm... interesting

AboveTheLaw

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2007, 09:37:33 AM »
It's a lot of up tempo, a lot of energy

hmm... interesting

I hope that doesn't mean a more Dirty South sound to it...

rik

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2007, 09:41:54 AM »
Props, I can't wait for "Sign Of The Cruz" to drop.

DRYLBC

• 'G'
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2007, 09:52:34 AM »
CANT WAIT

8)

reality1000

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2007, 03:16:13 PM »
yeah if the battlecat shit has a dirty south feel to it i will be pissed because i wanna hear that funk and i hope we get to hear that 2pac shit some time................also cruz needs to really see about hooking up with battlecat because his flow and voice would go perfect with battlecat.