Author Topic: Interesting Kobe article.............  (Read 1250 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Interesting Kobe article.............
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2007, 08:39:33 PM »
you just said it, jerry buss is alienating his players, do you think that if he wasn't doing that , a player like shaq wouldn't have been doing the things he was doing? situation determines behavior.

Shaq=immature/lazy. Showing up to camp fat and out of shape, rarely conditioning, and not keeping an NBA diet, while purposely missing company time has nothing to do with him being alienated. Do you see Kobe (or anyone else for that matter) doing that? Point proven. ;)

And yet, with all the bad things Shaq did, he still led the team to 4 finals appearances and 3 titles...and Kobe, with his perfect team-first attitude, dedication to his team and his wife, can't even win a playoff series.

Sorry, but give me an out of shape Shaq that get my team to the Finals than a guy that can't make it past the first round.

Yea, because everyone knows the teams Shaq led and the teams Kobe led have been equal. LMAO again.

hisairness

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2007, 08:42:01 PM »
you just said it, jerry buss is alienating his players, do you think that if he wasn't doing that , a player like shaq wouldn't have been doing the things he was doing? situation determines behavior.

Shaq=immature/lazy. Showing up to camp fat and out of shape, rarely conditioning, and not keeping an NBA diet, while purposely missing company time has nothing to do with him being alienated. Do you see Kobe (or anyone else for that matter) doing that? Point proven. ;)

And yet, with all the bad things Shaq did, he still led the team to 4 finals appearances and 3 titles...and Kobe, with his perfect team-first attitude, dedication to his team and his wife, can't even win a playoff series.

Sorry, but give me an out of shape Shaq that get my team to the Finals than a guy that can't make it past the first round.

Yea, because everyone knows the teams Shaq led and the teams Kobe led have been equal. LMAO again.

Hey, when LA had Shaq they were dangerous.  He leaves and they aren't dangerous anymore.  Kobe is great, but the team isn't.  If he hadn't bitched about anything, the dynasty would still be intact.  Besides, an aging Shaq is still better than every other big man on the Lakers team.
NIK - World's worst moderator.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2007, 09:08:57 PM »

idividual differences. all players are different, dennis rodman , hello?!. point is , if jerry buss was a good manager/owner would he have the best players in the league demanding trades? remember it's shaq who asked for the trade due to MANAGEMENT, it's KOBE asking for a trade due to MANAGEMENT.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2007, 09:11:42 PM »

Hey, when LA had Shaq they were dangerous.  He leaves and they aren't dangerous anymore.  Kobe is great, but the team isn't.  If he hadn't bitched about anything, the dynasty would still be intact.  Besides, an aging Shaq is still better than every other big man on the Lakers team.

He's not the only one who left. LOL. Lakers in 04-05 were an expansion team. And they started from scratch in 06-07 again. Not comparable to the Laker dynasty.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2007, 09:27:25 PM »

difference is shaq can come to a team a la orlando and make a difference right away Orlando 1992. Los Angeles 1996 . Miami 2004. shaq's been through bad management and coaching before but he still won playoff series in less than three years of being within a team.

check game:

Orlando Magic:

before shaq- 1991-1992 =21-61, .463
rookie year : 1992-1993 = 41-41, .500 ....+20 wins
second year: 1993-1994= 50-32, .610......+9 wins, playoffs first round
third year: 1994-1995=57-25, .695...........+7 wins, NBA Finals (lost to legendary rocket team)
fourth year: 1995-1996= 60-22, .732..........+3 wins, Conf Finals ( Lost to legendary champion bulls)
after shaq: 1996-1997= 45-37, .549.............-15 wins, first round
second year: 1997 -1998=41 -41, .500...........-4 wins
lock out year: 1999-2000= 41-41, .500............first round

where does that look familiar? before shaq mediocre-no success, with shaq much much much success, after shaq gradual slide to becoming mediocre and first round exits- no playoffs.

again you have good management behind shaq you don't have lax attitude.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2007, 09:29:30 PM »

difference is shaq can come to a team a la orlando and make a difference right away Orlando 1992. Los Angeles 1996 . Miami 2004. shaq's been through bad management and coaching before but he still won playoff series in less than three years of being within a team.

check game:

Orlando Magic:

third year: 1994-1995=57-25, .695...........+7 wins, NBA Finals (lost to legendary rocket team)
fourth year: 1995-1996= 60-22, .732..........+3 wins, Conf Finals ( Lost to legendary champion bulls)

where does that look familiar? before shaq mediocre-no success, with shaq much much much success, after shaq gradual slide to becoming mediocre and first round exits- no playoffs.

All of Shaq's succesful teams have been built to win. In some cases, he was even the 2nd option...PeACe

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2007, 09:33:04 PM »

He's not the only one who left. LOL. Lakers in 04-05 were an expansion team. And they started from scratch in 06-07 again. Not comparable to the Laker dynasty.

malone could've stayed one more year....why didn't he?
fisher could've.....why didn't he?
fox could've stayed......why didn't he?
gary payton could've stayed .....why didn't he?
phil jackson could've stayed .....why didn't he

not because of shaq...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2007, 09:34:37 PM »

not because of shaq...

Malone hit on Kobe's wife
Fisher got bigger money
Fox retired
Payton wanted to stay and was traded
Phil wasn't brought back

;)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2007, 09:41:56 PM »

check game:

Orlando Magic:

All of Shaq's succesful teams have been built to win. In some cases, he was even the 2nd option...PeACe

the 1992-1993 orlando magic was built to win?  all they really did was add shaq and they automatically won 20 more  games , after they lost the man in 1996-1997 (an almost identical core team mind you ) they lost 15 more. lol  i love how you ignore shaq's impact on a team.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2007, 09:48:21 PM »

not because of shaq...

Fisher got bigger money
Fox retired
Phil wasn't brought back

;)

so malone retired because he hit on kobe's wife?
fisher couldn't of taken less money to stay with the lakers and win (lol over golden state)
fox was actually traded with payton to boston, THEN retired
why was payton traded, i'd rather have him running the point than chucky atkins/smush parker
why wasn't phil brought back, he's obviously the best coach in the league.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2007, 09:55:47 PM »

not because of shaq...

Fisher got bigger money
Fox retired
Phil wasn't brought back

;)

fisher couldn't of taken less money to stay with the lakers and win (lol over golden state)
why was payton traded, i'd rather have him running the point than chucky atkins/smush parker

Yes, Malone was actually very down with Kobe and was returning to the Lakers until the incident.
Fisher wanted to stay with LA. He was begging. Didn't want a major pay-cut.
Fox was retiring anyways. Major injury problems towards the end of his career. LMAO@you pinning that on Kobe.
Payton was traded to obtain Mihm, due to desperate need for a big man. Payton re-signed, THEN was traded. He was pissed at the Lakers for that.
Management wasn't willing to negotiate his contract.

Stop tryna blame everything on Kobe, bro. Don't you see that it looks more pathetic than the media?

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2007, 10:17:30 PM »

not because of shaq...

Fisher got bigger money
Fox retired
Phil wasn't brought back

;)

Yes, Malone was actually very down with Kobe and was returning to the Lakers until the incident.
Fisher wanted to stay with LA. He was begging. Didn't want a major pay-cut.
Fox was retiring anyways. Major injury problems towards the end of his career. LMAO@you pinning that on Kobe.
Payton was traded to obtain Mihm, due to desperate need for a big man. Payton re-signed, THEN was traded. He was pissed at the Lakers for that.
Management wasn't willing to negotiate his contract.

Stop tryna blame everything on Kobe, bro. Don't you see that it looks more pathetic than the media?

-actually that's not why he retired, he couldn't sustain another season on that leg and was too burnt out, read some artciles on his retirement, he coulda won with horry in san antonio if it was about kobe's wife,lol but seriously, if management was better we could've had malone for anther year regardless of a comment to his 'precious' vanessa or not (mind you he cheated on vanessa so how big of a deal was it that malone hit on her)

-and actually if it was about money then fisher could've stayed , the lakers traded payton anyway but didn't do so until after he exercised his 5.4 million for the next season. fisher left right after payton exercised that, because of PLAYING time, he thought he was going to have to stay on the bench again and average 7 points palying behind payton. Fisher could've stayed and got paid , but again management let two point guards go to the way side and we're left with smush parker and mckie,lol.

-rick fox didn't want to play of boston, he was still capable of playing, very capable, more than capable than who we had, and what did fox get for his years of help, he gets delt back to the team he HATED. what kind of shit is that? so instead of giving either team the benefit , he asked the celtics to waive him in order for him to retire.

-again about payton, you either keep him or fisher you don't get rid of both, and create a weakness at center AND at point guard, what an idiotic move by management

i'm not really blaming kobe in any of this

however you keep shaq and none of this happens
you keep shaq, and you probably get a healthy malone for one more season
you keep shaq and you get at least fisher or payton for one or two more seasons
you keep shaq and you don't need to trade for mihm
you keep shaq and you get that "big baby" to voice a poweful protest about not keeping jackson

but management is stupid and that they thought  hey we'll keep kobe but...

we'll get rid of phil
we'll trade shaq
we'll let fisher go and trade payton and fox for chris mihm ( :laugh: yeah that's a good deal)
we'll let malone retire
we'll get an old floppy divac

what a bunch of dumb fucks, that's why i never liked mitch cup-check, he has no balls and no brains.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 10:19:58 PM by Don Jacob »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2007, 12:01:53 AM »
Management coulda' gone about things differently, but Malone WAS returning before what happened. Fox announced his retirement at the beginning of the '03-'04 season. The Payton trade wasn't bad. AND the Lakers COULDN'T pay Fisher the contract he was demanding...The fact that we're losing isn't because we traded Shaq. ANYONE can see that.