Author Topic: What are the top 10 all-time individual playoff performances?  (Read 620 times)

teecee

Lebron= 48 points, 25 straight points, 11-14 fg in the 4th and overtime, and pretty much doing EVERYTHING for your team on a level that noone has ever really done before has to be up there.  THe thing with Lebron is, there ISN'T a real second option, it was all him tonight, and he did this with peeps doubting him IN Detroit at only 22 years of age.

What are some other SINGLE GAME performances that would be considered next level?

1980= Magic Johnson filling in for Kareem at centre, 42 points, 15 boards, 9 assists                       has to be up there

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: What are the top 10 all-time individual playoff performances?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2007, 12:44:08 AM »
You really think this is in the top 10? I REALLY hope you aren't counting finals...I think LeBron did an excellent job, but I've seen way greater performances.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2007, 01:08:40 AM »
Lebron= 48 points, 25 straight points, 11-14 fg in the 4th and overtime, and pretty much doing EVERYTHING for your team on a level that noone has ever really done before has to be up there.  THe thing with Lebron is, there ISN'T a real second option, it was all him tonight, and he did this with peeps doubting him IN Detroit at only 22 years of age.

What are some other SINGLE GAME performances that would be considered next level?

1980= Magic Johnson filling in for Kareem at centre, 42 points, 15 boards, 9 assists                       has to be up there

You usually make some very valid post on here, but come on man, you really think that was a top 10 all time performance? It was great no doubt. I really give him credit for stepping up when his team needed him but this isn't top 10. And sorry to sound like a hater, but had it not been for a weak ejection and a few questionable calls, this conversation could be totally different right now.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Citizen-Y

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2007, 03:42:48 AM »
The kid steps up big and still people hate.  Damn, I wish I was jocking Kobe's balls like you guys so I can join in on the fun.

wcsoldier

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2007, 03:49:11 AM »
MJ flu game is the best one... fuck the numbers... and yall acting like kids.. I'm tired of both Lakers fans and haters comparing Kobe and Bron... ect. I may stop posting in this section very soon

teecee

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2007, 08:14:30 AM »
All I am saying is this:  25 straight points, ALL of your teams field goals for the last 16 minutes, in a conference final, at 22 years old.  Nuff said.

So, what are other great games?  If there are 10 better performances, lets hear them. 

Jordan with the flu, Wade against Detroit last year, Magic, I'm sure Bird had more than a few, so what games are top 10.

Gangsta Boogy: shit happens in games, ie. ejections, questionable calls, etc.  But the fact remains what Lebron did was pretty amazing. 

And for the record, I never brought up a certain disgruntled former employee number 8; in fact, i am truly wondering what game, in ya'lls opinion has he had in the PLAYOFFS that would rival what Lebron did tonight.

hisairness

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2007, 09:24:29 AM »
Here's a list of great individual NBA Finals performances:

http://www.nba.com/finals2004/greatest_finals_performances.html

NIK - World's worst moderator.

Sanford - V. President of the Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The movement is Suckaa Free.
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2007, 09:58:41 AM »
lebron went bananas yesterday.   :o

Pick up 2 gats like Riley with a full 16 clip, on some sick shit like Lynch, while rippin a bitch's clit with beyonce's mouth on the tip of my dick.

Dangerous Crew Beeyatch!

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2007, 11:18:13 AM »
And for the record, I never brought up a certain disgruntled former employee number 8; in fact, i am truly wondering what game, in ya'lls opinion has he had in the PLAYOFFS that would rival what Lebron did tonight.

I'd put Kobe's Game 4 performance from last season above this one, and that's not even a top performance. That's not even one of Kobe's bests...I somehow feel like you didn't watch the Lakers 3peat dynasty.

teecee

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2007, 11:29:38 AM »

I'd put Kobe's Game 4 performance from last season above this one, and that's not even a top performance. That's not even one of Kobe's bests...I somehow feel like you didn't watch the Lakers 3peat dynasty.

Yeah, that was a great Kobe game for sure man, but of course you put it up there; what else has Kobe done in the playoffs that compares to what Lebron did last night............try to think rationally, as if you are neither a Kobe fan or Lebron. 

I watched the Lakers and cheered for them at times, they were an exciting team who played a good brand of ball and I am a fan of great ball. 

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2007, 11:41:28 AM »

Yeah, that was a great Kobe game for sure man, but of course you put it up there; what else has Kobe done in the playoffs that compares to what Lebron did last night............try to think rationally, as if you are neither a Kobe fan or Lebron. 

I watched the Lakers and cheered for them at times, they were an exciting team who played a good brand of ball and I am a fan of great ball. 

Did you forget those games where he flew in straight from Coloroda seconds before tip-off and dominated? Did you forget those legendary 4th quarter takeovers? What great performance of Kobe's have you watched? Cuz it doesn't seem like you've watched many, placing this one in the top 10 and all.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/SAS20010519.html

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/SAC20010513.html

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/LAL20040511.html

...just a few.

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2007, 04:04:08 PM »
top 5,no doubt

thisoneguy360

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2007, 04:35:49 PM »
You really think this is in the top 10? I REALLY hope you aren't counting finals...I think LeBron did an excellent job, but I've seen way greater performances.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2007, 09:40:24 PM »
top ten can easily be debated

The Best of 3 Worlds

teecee

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2007, 10:32:07 PM »

Did you forget those games where he flew in straight from Coloroda seconds before tip-off and dominated? Did you forget those legendary 4th quarter takeovers? What great performance of Kobe's have you watched? Cuz it doesn't seem like you've watched many, placing this one in the top 10 and all.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/SAS20010519.html

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/SAC20010513.html

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/LAL20040511.html

...just a few.

All great games by Kobe, definitely agree to the fullest.  However, it ain't all about stats, its about the situation and how the points were scored.  Kobe has never scored 25 straight points to close out a game in the 4th and OT, and has never scored 29 of his teams 30 with the tying three and winning drive.  This game is defining for Lebron, and to think he did it with NO supporting cast!  Boobie and Gooden have been nice in this series, but both fouled out and Lebron TOOK OVER.  What other single game has a player completely take over down the stretch?  Kobe IS DEFINITELY CLUTCH, no doubt about that, he is still the one I'd want withj one shot to win it all, but what has he done on this level?  IT IS NOT ALL ABOUT STATS........