Author Topic: 2007 NBA Finals: San Antonio Spurs vs. Cleveland Cavaliers  (Read 2420 times)

GangstaBoogy

Re: 2007 NBA Finals: San Antonio Spurs vs. Cleveland Cavaliers
« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2007, 01:03:48 PM »
LOL@Duncan being the best player in the league when he's barely the best on his team

Thank you for once again proving that you don't know shiet about basketball.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2007, 01:13:01 PM »
LOL@Duncan being the best player in the league when he's barely the best on his team

ROFLMFAO@BabyG speaking on basketball knowledge...How did I prove that when Tony Parker is considered the current Finals MVP, moron?

teecee

« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2007, 03:00:12 PM »

LMFAO@LeBron James being mentioned in the same breath as the all-time greats. I know some people are currently slapping themselves for that one...

What else can LBJ do?  The SPURS are vastly superior to the Cavs in every possible way.  The Cavs do not have a second option, or any other player capable of playing consistently.  Like i previously said, NO PLAYER IN THE HISTORY OF BASKETBALL COULD REPLACE LEBRON AND LEAD THEM TO A TITLE OVER THIS SPURS TEAM.  Its as simple as that.  The CAvs suck, they have no offense, their supposed second best player is injured, etc.  Lebron hasn't been great, but at the same time, EVERY SINGLE BASKET he has scored has been a high degree of difficulty; the Spurs can key on him as they know noone else can do shit to them. 

Comparing Lebron to the greats is not as much of a stretch as saying the Lakers had a chance of winning the title.  Slap yourself.

And like i said, the Spurs are so much better than the Cavs, you could take the MVP (PARKER) out of this series and they would still have a 3-0 lead.  Absolutely ridiculous.  The East is WEAK, time to have east play west in the first round of the playoffs, one in the east vs eight in the west; that way, if the best 8 teams are in one conference, then at least you would have the two best teams against each other in the final.

As it was this year, the final was played in the second round:  Phoenix vs S.A.     The rest has been anti-climatic.

Based on watching LeBron play in these finals, the Cavs don't even have a first option! THE GAME WAS WIDE OPEN FOR THE TAKING LAST NIGHT. LeBron can't even break a double team!...Jordan and Kobe are two players capable of upsetting the Spurs in LeBron's shoes...Throw Kareem, Wilt, and Magic on that list as well... Dude has A LOT of growing to do, there's no way around it...Also, the Suns were never playing for the championship. Spurs became champs as soon as Dallas choked again...PeACe

Why you gotta bring Kobe into this shit?   He has NEVER lead  a team to a finals so leave him out of that select group until he does.  The rest may have a chance, but i doubt it. 

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2007, 03:13:00 PM »

ROFLMFAO@BabyG speaking on basketball knowledge...How did I prove that when Tony Parker is considered the current Finals MVP, moron?

You just said Duncan is barely the best player on the Spurs. Erase your account then kill yourself.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2007, 04:14:01 PM »

LMFAO@LeBron James being mentioned in the same breath as the all-time greats. I know some people are currently slapping themselves for that one...

What else can LBJ do?  The SPURS are vastly superior to the Cavs in every possible way.  The Cavs do not have a second option, or any other player capable of playing consistently.  Like i previously said, NO PLAYER IN THE HISTORY OF BASKETBALL COULD REPLACE LEBRON AND LEAD THEM TO A TITLE OVER THIS SPURS TEAM.  Its as simple as that.  The CAvs suck, they have no offense, their supposed second best player is injured, etc.  Lebron hasn't been great, but at the same time, EVERY SINGLE BASKET he has scored has been a high degree of difficulty; the Spurs can key on him as they know noone else can do shit to them. 

Comparing Lebron to the greats is not as much of a stretch as saying the Lakers had a chance of winning the title.  Slap yourself.

And like i said, the Spurs are so much better than the Cavs, you could take the MVP (PARKER) out of this series and they would still have a 3-0 lead.  Absolutely ridiculous.  The East is WEAK, time to have east play west in the first round of the playoffs, one in the east vs eight in the west; that way, if the best 8 teams are in one conference, then at least you would have the two best teams against each other in the final.

As it was this year, the final was played in the second round:  Phoenix vs S.A.     The rest has been anti-climatic.

Based on watching LeBron play in these finals, the Cavs don't even have a first option! THE GAME WAS WIDE OPEN FOR THE TAKING LAST NIGHT. LeBron can't even break a double team!...Jordan and Kobe are two players capable of upsetting the Spurs in LeBron's shoes...Throw Kareem, Wilt, and Magic on that list as well... Dude has A LOT of growing to do, there's no way around it...Also, the Suns were never playing for the championship. Spurs became champs as soon as Dallas choked again...PeACe

Why you gotta bring Kobe into this shit?   He has NEVER lead  a team to a finals so leave him out of that select group until he does.  The rest may have a chance, but i doubt it. 

The difference is, Kobe won rings, like those players, and LeBron hasn't...Kobe is on the level of a Magic, a Jordan, a West, a Bird...LeBron ISN'T.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2007, 04:20:58 PM »

You just said Duncan is barely the best player on the Spurs. Erase your account then kill yourself.

Moron, if Tony Parker is currently the Finals MVP and was an MVP candidate, what does that say about the current state of the Spurs? Not saying Duncan isn't the best player, idiot, but he's not _BY FAR_ the best on his team, like a Kobe or a Dirk. He has 2 other superstars that he's playing alongside. Acknowledge that he's no longer in his prime, dumbfuck...PeACe

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2007, 05:14:12 PM »

Moron, if Tony Parker is currently the Finals MVP and was an MVP candidate, what does that say about the current state of the Spurs? Not saying Duncan isn't the best player, idiot, but he's not _BY FAR_ the best on his team, like a Kobe or a Dirk. He has 2 other superstars that he's playing alongside. Acknowledge that he's no longer in his prime, dumbfuck...PeACe

He doesn't need to be in his prime to be the best player on the team. Take Duncan off this team - they're the Phoenix Suns. Take Parker off - they're leading the series 2-1.

hisairness

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2007, 05:22:55 PM »

He doesn't need to be in his prime to be the best player on the team. Take Duncan off this team - they're the Phoenix Suns. Take Parker off - they're leading the series 2-1.

Being in your prime doesn't mean anything.  Duncan has more leadership and more experience than anybody on that team.  As GB said, take Timmy away from the Spurs and you have a flashy run-and-gun team that is comparable to the Spurs.  The Spurs are great on defense because they know if they mess up, Duncan is behind them to alter, block, deter, steal, or whatever to the ball.  Statistically, Duncan isn't the best player.  But he also doesn't demand to be the star ala Kobe. 
NIK - World's worst moderator.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2007, 05:26:58 PM »
LOL@Kobe demanding to be the star. Someone didn't watch basketball from 1999-2004...And it's not BabyG.

Fact of the matter is, Duncan ISN'T currently the best on his team by a mile...Only an idiot would argue that.

hisairness

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2007, 06:12:59 AM »
LOL@Kobe demanding to be the star. Someone didn't watch basketball from 1999-2004...And it's not BabyG.

Fact of the matter is, Duncan ISN'T currently the best on his team by a mile...Only an idiot would argue that.

Kobe wanted to be the star from 99-04, but he couldn't because Shaq was too damn good.  When Shaq slowed down, then he opened his mouth and blew his chances of winning anything.

And again, Duncan is not the best player on his team statistically.  But if you take him away, Parker doesn't get open looks.  Ginobili doesn't get open looks.  Bowen isn't as good on defense.  The Spurs make the playoffs, but don't win any titles.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2007, 10:16:39 AM »

Kobe wanted to be the star from 99-04, but he couldn't because Shaq was too damn good.  When Shaq slowed down, then he opened his mouth and blew his chances of winning anything.

And again, Duncan is not the best player on his team statistically.  But if you take him away, Parker doesn't get open looks.  Ginobili doesn't get open looks.  Bowen isn't as good on defense.  The Spurs make the playoffs, but don't win any titles.

Wow, you really know what's up, huh? Thanks for proving my point. LOL@"Kobe wanted to be the star." Kobe deferred to Shaq for years to win championships, when he coulda' been the first option on any other team...he even deferred to Shaq when he was the best player in the league...Shaq was too immature to not be the 1st option and he couldn't stand sharing the spotlight, even when he was obviously slowing down. He threatened to not rebound or play defense if the offense runs through Kobe (which Phil Jackson called for)...Kobe was the good guy in this.. as soon as Phil asked Kobe to back off cuz Shaq was being a baby, he did, with NO questions asked...I obviously know more on the situation, so please don't speak on it as if you know what you're saying when you really don't. Duncan is the best player on his team...But AGAIN, he has superstars surrounding him. Replace Dwight Howard with Tim Duncan, and Orlando would still be far from a championship team...One player doesn't win it all. EVER...PeACe

teecee

« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2007, 11:26:20 AM »

Wow, you really know what's up, huh? Thanks for proving my point. LOL@"Kobe wanted to be the star." Kobe deferred to Shaq for years to win championships, when he coulda' been the first option on any other team...he even deferred to Shaq when he was the best player in the league...Shaq was too immature to not be the 1st option and he couldn't stand sharing the spotlight, even when he was obviously slowing down. He threatened to not rebound or play defense if the offense runs through Kobe (which Phil Jackson called for)...Kobe was the good guy in this.. as soon as Phil asked Kobe to back off cuz Shaq was being a baby, he did, with NO questions asked...I obviously know more on the situation, so please don't speak on it as if you know what you're saying when you really don't. Duncan is the best player on his team...But AGAIN, he has superstars surrounding him. Replace Dwight Howard with Tim Duncan, and Orlando would still be far from a championship team...One player doesn't win it all. EVER...PeACe

You are exactly right NIK, one player cannot win it all.  Which is exactly why Cleveland never had a chance to win this series, and exactly why the Lakers will not go anywhere until they add a player or two, and Kobe learns to play team ball.   

And i love it how you act like you and Kobe are boys or something.  Kobe doesn't know you, doesn't care about you, what makes you think you know more about his situation than everyone else???  Do you talk to him, or are your judgements based off what you see and hear in the media? 

hisairness

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #57 on: June 14, 2007, 11:39:28 AM »

You are exactly right NIK, one player cannot win it all.  Which is exactly why Cleveland never had a chance to win this series, and exactly why the Lakers will not go anywhere until they add a player or two, and Kobe learns to play team ball.   

And i love it how you act like you and Kobe are boys or something.  Kobe doesn't know you, doesn't care about you, what makes you think you know more about his situation than everyone else???  Do you talk to him, or are your judgements based off what you see and hear in the media? 

I thought Kobe had NIK on speed dial number 2...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #58 on: June 14, 2007, 11:57:51 AM »

I've read books by those within/close to the organization detailing the situation. I'm pretty sure you haven't...How is Kobe not a team player if he deferred for most of his career and sacrificed his game to win rings, while being able to lead any other team in the league? MAKE SENSE!

hisairness

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #59 on: June 14, 2007, 12:33:40 PM »

I've read books by those within/close to the organization detailing the situation. I'm pretty sure you haven't...How is Kobe not a team player if he deferred for most of his career and sacrificed his game to win rings, while being able to lead any other team in the league? MAKE SENSE!

Books are one-sided...much like your arguments.