Author Topic: Keyshia Cole Feat. Missy & Lil' Kim - Let It Go  (Read 531 times)

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Keyshia Cole Feat. Missy & Lil' Kim - Let It Go
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2007, 03:46:34 PM »

God I miss 90's music.

I think about this everyday when I listen to today's music.

~Loyalty Is Everything~

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
Re: Keyshia Cole Feat. Missy & Lil' Kim - Let It Go
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2007, 08:19:23 PM »
I hate how Puffy completely jacked old songs(Juicy Fruit, In Between The Sheets, etc) for Ready to Die. I respect the hell out of a producer who can flip a sample and make it his own but he doesn't even try. I can't listen to either track because I just think this isn't as good as the original.

You know, I think it's all a matter of preference.

That same reason you hate him is the reason I loved him in the 90's.

Sure he jacked Juicy Friut, Between the Sheets, etc., but give him credit, he knew the right songs to jack.

And remember most of his expensive sample tracks were the lead singles.

B.I.G. was the perfect rapper to do the g shit over "glossy samples".... I know it's kinda played out now, but remember back in the 90's that shit was fly... As a matter of fact (and I know I'm prolly gonna get hated on because of this), but that  mid 90's Bad Boy East Coast era (1994 - 1997) is still in my rotation today...

Well put and you're certainly right about what Puff did back then (remember that 2001-2002 Murder Inc sound?), I just loved how he took records and just flipped them a little bit and made it into his "own" stuff. Besides the songs mentioned before I'm also thinking about Gina Thompson's Things You Do Remix and Total's No One Else for example.

Damn Total's "no one else" was the shit!! and the remix was even better, ahhhh goood times i miss those days!

Yep those days are long gone my friend whether it be east, west, hip hop or R&B...  :'(

Dude, now this is a real community: A Deathrow fan giving a Bad Boy fan props.

Props from Los Feliz till San Bernadino DJR, I remmeber back in like 1995 on the rec.hip-hop board, any mention of Puffy was sacreligious. And I was a fan of everybody back then, Dre, Puffy, JD, Wu, etc...

God I miss 90's music.

Rtistic, you are correct on how the stuff doesn't really sound dated (that music is timeless), but those old Gfunk record (Chronic, etc.) still sound mindblowing compared to the shit out today.
Check out Whos Leroy off Jimmy Z's record, that is the hottest Dre  track i've heard and is still in my DAILY rotation

Yeah I definitely think Dre, Quik, and Warren made some timeless G-Funk...but a lot of the spin off (and rip off) producers and artists tried to come with the same sound..and some of it still sounds good, but even some of the doper music sounds very dated when we hear it now.