Author Topic: Check it: "Kobe should take a page from LeBron's book"- FOx sports  (Read 1904 times)

teecee

Re: Check it: "Kobe should take a page from LeBron's book"- FOx sports
« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2007, 11:15:25 AM »
LeBron never had a decent coach.

A 50 win coach is a good coach...That's really the only thing we have to judge coaches by, how the team performs as a whole.

According to your logic, we should then say Flip Saunders is a "good" coach, while Phil is not a good coach?  You continuosly make no sense to anyone but yourself.

I will say this:  Mike Brown has gotten better, and is an excellent defensive coach, which isn't a surprise considering he was a Spurs assistant for a while. However, he isn't much of an offensive coach.

Face it NIK, you are so worried that peeps are giving so much credit to Lebron that you are constantly propping every other part of that organization!  

And no, Lebron is not yet as good of a one on one defender as Kobe, but he does get mroe steals and defensive boards, and anyone with LEbron's size and quickness will be a great defender, its only a matter of time.

Why can't you shut your mouth and just disagree rationally like 7even? It's my opinion, dude. Stop riding my nuts for EVERY SINGLE OPINION. Mike Brown hasn't done a good job with his team? LOL. THINK ABOUT IT... Flip Saunders is not a good coach because of how his teams subside in the playoffs. That's a represantation of him. Phil Jackson is a good coach because he managed to get a sub-par roster in to the playoffs two years in a row. Well, that's not why he's a good coach, but you get what I'm saying...When LeBron becomes a good defender, I will acknowledge it. As of now, it is yet to happen...PeACe

Why so sensitive?  I merely used YOUR logic.  I have the utmost respect for Phil, and i did say Brown is a decent coach, didn't I?  I also said Kobe is a better defender?  What the fuck is the problem?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2007, 11:22:10 AM »
Let me show you where the problem lies...

You continuosly make no sense to anyone but yourself.

Face it NIK, you are so worried that peeps are giving so much credit to Lebron that you are constantly propping every other part of that organization!  

The problem is, what I said made perfect sense, you just simply disagreed and didn't know how to present your feelings in a mature manner. And your accusation was a false assumption. This is how threads drag out for pages with arguments. Stop the personals and learn how to debate properly...PeACe

teecee

« Reply #47 on: June 06, 2007, 11:39:01 AM »
Let me show you where the problem lies...

You continuosly make no sense to anyone but yourself.

The problem is, what I said made perfect sense, you just simply disagreed and didn't know how to present your feelings in a mature manner. And your accusation was a false assumption. This is how threads drag out for pages with arguments. Stop the personals and learn how to debate properly...PeACe

Ok, i will take notes from you ::) as you are considered the ideal "mature" poster. 

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #48 on: June 06, 2007, 11:40:07 AM »
Thank you. 8)

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2007, 01:27:49 PM »
I ain't buying that "Kobe is forced to take shots" bullshit no more. It's time to start to speak the truth, homies. In the last 12 mins of Game-1 of this year P.O. against the Suns, the most important game of the year for us, Kobe shot 1/10 from the floor and he had just 1 fucking assist. We started the last quarter with a +3 points lead and we finished the game with an 8 points loss. In that quarter Kobe had off-balanced shots, triple-teamed shots, impossible fadeways, and he forced everything. Now we can't simply say "he was forced to take shots". Fuck that bullshit!! There's only 2 people we should blame for that, and it's the two people i see constantly getting dickrided from Laker fans: one of them is called Phil Jackson, and the other one is called Kobe Bryant. Let's start with Phil Jackson: he's considered the best coach ever? Ok. It's possible. But he did nothing to make the looker room less fucked up when Kobe and Shaq were in the same team. He was the fucking coach, and instead of letting them focus on the rings, he wasn't able to do shit, and he made a book against them both as soon as Buss told him he wasn't going to resign him. I see people blaming Shaq, people blaming Kobe, people blaming Mitch, people blaming Buss. But i see nobody blaming Phil Jackson, the coach. Wtf?? Plus: if a team relates too much on a player and it's basically a one-man show in the 4th, is the coach worth 10 millions per year? Is the coach worth to be called "the GOAT"? Is he really doing a great job? Isn't he suppose to make teammates play better and to take some responsabilities? Isn't he supposed to tell Kobe: "Hey, stop it. You've already missed 9 shots out of 10 in this quarter: try to share the fucking ball!". Ok, he suggests teammates good books. Ok, he's a Zen Master. Ok, he won rings. But hey, isn't this one a coach's job too? Why nobody talks about Phil Jackson? I think that's absurd. The same people who blames Kobe for being selfish should blame Phil Jackson for not being able to improve both Kobe Bryant and the team. And the same people who blame Shaq and Kobe's ego for their divorce should blame Phil Jackson for not being able to avoid the divorce (shit, he made books!!!! Are we joking??). The other guy who should be blamed? Oh, yes, Kobe Bryant. Because he talks too much. Simple as that.

Kobe talks too much, yet he got Jerry Buss to agree with him that he's a lazy bum who's doing nothing with the team...How does that work?

NIK i've heard myself Kobe saying he wanted to be traded. You can say all the things you want to defend him but he did it. Now, imho, the leader of a team doesn't talk like that on the media: it's just wrong, immature, stupid, childish. A real leader goes directly to Jerry Buss' house and he talks to him man to man, talking with him about his problems with the team. He doesn't talk to the radio's first, to get peoples attention. If he does it he's simply a bitch, searching for attention. I don't even care if he's right or wrong: if you have a problem you have to handle it like a man, face to face with the boss. That's what a leader (and a real man) does. You can't find answers to your problems in a radio station, man. There's no excuse about what he did. And if you say Jerry Buss tent to agree with him you're basically saying i'm right. Cause Kobe could have spoken directly to him and have Buss tending to agree with him. So why going to a radio officially asking to be traded? That's wrong! And you know it. PLUS imho Buss is in a situation where he knows he can't trade Kobe (or he'll be remembered as the man who destroyed the best legacy of the last years), so if Kobe asks him the Moon, Buss will give him his wife AND the Moon. And Kobe knows it. And that's why he asked to be traded. Cause he just wanted to get Buss' attention. That's not what i'm expecting the true leader of my fav team to do. Point.

Do you even remember Game 1? NOBODY was moving in the 4th quarter. It was like Kobe was playing with a high school squad out there who forgot all their sets...Nobody was doing shit. Yes, Kobe was off, and when Kobe is off, our team is doomed. That's the difference between LeBron and Kobe. When LeBron is off, the Cavs are NOT doomed. UNDERSTAND IT.

Man i'll write it clever: i'm calling PHIL JACKSON out. If Kobe acts wrong, i BLAME the coach cause he's the one who directs the team. And if Kobe's teammates aren't good enought to make some fucking shots i BLAME the coach cause he can't coach. 10 fucking millions per year to have a "GIVE THE BALL TO KOBE" playbook in the 4th quarter? Are we fucking joking?? And if Kobe's teammates sucks so much why in the fucking hell are you defending them so much?? Why do you consider Odom untouchable? Why do you consider Bynum untouchable? Why do you considered Kobe's teammates good enought to match well with the Suns and the Spurs? Why do you considered them an "elite team"? Why do you dissed everyone who tent to disagree with you saying the Lakers were contenders or just 1 player away from being contenders?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 01:44:51 PM by Antonio »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #50 on: June 06, 2007, 02:15:12 PM »
I ain't buying that "Kobe is forced to take shots" bullshit no more. It's time to start to speak the truth, homies. In the last 12 mins of Game-1 of this year P.O. against the Suns, the most important game of the year for us, Kobe shot 1/10 from the floor and he had just 1 fucking assist. We started the last quarter with a +3 points lead and we finished the game with an 8 points loss. In that quarter Kobe had off-balanced shots, triple-teamed shots, impossible fadeways, and he forced everything. Now we can't simply say "he was forced to take shots". Fuck that bullshit!! There's only 2 people we should blame for that, and it's the two people i see constantly getting dickrided from Laker fans: one of them is called Phil Jackson, and the other one is called Kobe Bryant. Let's start with Phil Jackson: he's considered the best coach ever? Ok. It's possible. But he did nothing to make the looker room less fucked up when Kobe and Shaq were in the same team. He was the fucking coach, and instead of letting them focus on the rings, he wasn't able to do shit, and he made a book against them both as soon as Buss told him he wasn't going to resign him. I see people blaming Shaq, people blaming Kobe, people blaming Mitch, people blaming Buss. But i see nobody blaming Phil Jackson, the coach. Wtf?? Plus: if a team relates too much on a player and it's basically a one-man show in the 4th, is the coach worth 10 millions per year? Is the coach worth to be called "the GOAT"? Is he really doing a great job? Isn't he suppose to make teammates play better and to take some responsabilities? Isn't he supposed to tell Kobe: "Hey, stop it. You've already missed 9 shots out of 10 in this quarter: try to share the fucking ball!". Ok, he suggests teammates good books. Ok, he's a Zen Master. Ok, he won rings. But hey, isn't this one a coach's job too? Why nobody talks about Phil Jackson? I think that's absurd. The same people who blames Kobe for being selfish should blame Phil Jackson for not being able to improve both Kobe Bryant and the team. And the same people who blame Shaq and Kobe's ego for their divorce should blame Phil Jackson for not being able to avoid the divorce (shit, he made books!!!! Are we joking??). The other guy who should be blamed? Oh, yes, Kobe Bryant. Because he talks too much. Simple as that.

Kobe talks too much, yet he got Jerry Buss to agree with him that he's a lazy bum who's doing nothing with the team...How does that work?

NIK i've heard myself Kobe saying he wanted to be traded. You can say all the things you want to defend him but he did it. Now, imho, the leader of a team doesn't talk like that on the media: it's just wrong, immature, stupid, childish. A real leader goes directly to Jerry Buss' house and he talks to him man to man, talking with him about his problems with the team. He doesn't talk to the radio's first, to get peoples attention. If he does it he's simply a bitch, searching for attention. I don't even care if he's right or wrong: if you have a problem you have to handle it like a man, face to face with the boss. That's what a leader (and a real man) does. You can't find answers to your problems in a radio station, man. There's no excuse about what he did. And if you say Jerry Buss tent to agree with him you're basically saying i'm right. Cause Kobe could have spoken directly to him and have Buss tending to agree with him. So why going to a radio officially asking to be traded? That's wrong! And you know it. PLUS imho Buss is in a situation where he knows he can't trade Kobe (or he'll be remembered as the man who destroyed the best legacy of the last years), so if Kobe asks him the Moon, Buss will give him his wife AND the Moon. And Kobe knows it. And that's why he asked to be traded. Cause he just wanted to get Buss' attention. That's not what i'm expecting the true leader of my fav team to do. Point.

LOOK AT THE GUY YOU HAVE IN YOUR AVATAR! HE DID THE SAME THING!!!...Your idol, homie. Unfortunately, you didn't hear the KLAC interview with Kobe (I can tell by how you're speaking). Kobe didn't say trade me, he said DO SOMETHING, OR TRADE ME. Buss was isolating Kobe. KOBE COULDNT REACH BUSS AND SAID HE DIDNT EVEN HAVE HIS NUMBER. HE DIDN'T EVEN KNOW WHERE HE WAS. And you blame Kobe? He's been lobbying the FO to do something for some time...NOTHING was being done. Kobe lobbied for Boozer, DENIED. Kobe lobbied for B Davis. DENIED. Kobe lobbied for Artest, DENIED. Kobe lobbied for Jason Kidd, DENIED. Kobe lobbied for Caron Butler to stay, DENIED. Do you know what it's like to carry a franchise on your back while at the same time being alienated by them? I think not, Antonio, so think more rationally before you start blaming Kobe for what he's doing. We all know this has pushed the Lakers to make moves. So did Magic Johnsons public announcement of "trade me" in the early 80's, and look what that led to...Soon you'll understand.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #51 on: June 06, 2007, 02:25:19 PM »

Man i'll write it clever: i'm calling PHIL JACKSON out. If Kobe acts wrong, i BLAME the coach cause he's the one who directs the team. And if Kobe's teammates aren't good enought to make some fucking shots i BLAME the coach cause he can't coach. 10 fucking millions per year to have a "GIVE THE BALL TO KOBE" playbook in the 4th quarter? Are we fucking joking?? And if Kobe's teammates sucks so much why in the fucking hell are you defending them so much?? Why do you consider Odom untouchable? Why do you consider Bynum untouchable? Why do you considered Kobe's teammates good enought to match well with the Suns and the Spurs? Why do you considered them an "elite team"? Why do you dissed everyone who tent to disagree with you saying the Lakers were contenders or just 1 player away from being contenders?

Antonio, what do you fail to understand? Lakers are missing a.)a point guard who can run the team and b.)a veteran big who is truly ready to contribute. Andrew Bynum's potential is through the roof, but he's not cutting it NOW. Neither is a hobbled Kwame Brown. Yes, Phil did manage to pull something and make us look elite around December, when we were beating all the top teams, but there was always something missing, and then BOOM, injury-bug hit and we collapsed. I had faith in Smush to come through, Kwame to come through, Radmanovic to come through, etc. Unfortunately, it didn't go down like that. Kobe and a bruised-up Odom that shouldn't have been even playing aren't enough for us to win...What don't you get in what I'm saying?

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2007, 02:32:58 PM »

LOOK AT THE GUY YOU HAVE IN YOUR AVATAR! HE DID THE SAME THING!!!...Your idol, homie. Unfortunately, you didn't hear the KLAC interview with Kobe (I can tell by how you're speaking). Kobe didn't say trade me, he said DO SOMETHING, OR TRADE ME. Buss was isolating Kobe. KOBE COULDNT REACH BUSS AND SAID HE DIDNT EVEN HAVE HIS NUMBER. HE DIDN'T EVEN KNOW WHERE HE WAS. And you blame Kobe?

Oh. I didn't know that. If Kobe tried to call Buss but couldn't reach him because Buss didn't want to be reached/didn't care that changes everything. I'm blaming Kobe because i wanted him to talk to Buss first, but if Buss didn't want to talk with Kobe, i can't blame Kobe for that.

Magic's situation was different, tho.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #53 on: June 06, 2007, 02:34:07 PM »
^^LOL. Listen to the KLAC interview, man.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #54 on: June 06, 2007, 02:37:30 PM »
Part 1:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/lL9iAoIs2n8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/lL9iAoIs2n8</a>

Part 2:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/lsCiTSFiGyw" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/lsCiTSFiGyw</a>

Part 3:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/MrRNrhOB9j0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/MrRNrhOB9j0</a>

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: June 06, 2007, 02:41:08 PM »

Antonio, what do you fail to understand? Lakers are missing a.)a point guard who can run the team and b.)a veteran big who is truly ready to contribute. Andrew Bynum's potential is through the roof, but he's not cutting it NOW. Neither is a hobbled Kwame Brown. Yes, Phil did manage to pull something and make us look elite around December, when we were beating all the top teams, but there was always something missing, and then BOOM, injury-bug hit and we collapsed. I had faith in Smush to come through, Kwame to come through, Radmanovic to come through, etc. Unfortunately, it didn't go down like that. Kobe and a bruised-up Odom that shouldn't have been even playing aren't enough for us to win...What don't you get in what I'm saying?

Man if it's just a point guard who can run the team (the mid-level ex. should be enought to sign a decent PG, shouldn't it?) and a veteran big (we can use the minimum ex. or trade somebody with an expiring contract to get him, or resign Mihm..) we need Kobe had no reason to make all this noise. If the problem is all those players getting injured they'll back in full effect in october. I think Kobe wants a top trade, like the ones you mentioned (Kidd, Boozer, Davis, JO, KG, etc..). He doesn't care about Bynum and our long-term projects: he just wants to win as soon as possible. Well, i dunno what to say. I've spent the last months reading you (and Phil Jackson) that we're just 1 player away from being contenders. And now Kobe is saying we should totally change our project to trade for a vet player, maybe trading Odom (our 2nd star) and Bynum (our top project) too.

I dunno. It's a big risk.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: June 06, 2007, 02:52:47 PM »
Definitely a risk, especially if you give up Odom and Bynum for an injury-prone nigga like JO. But you also have to understand Kobe. He's not 22 anymore, and he's been spoiled with having Shaq and other capable VETS around him. The Odom era Lakers have had 3 years, they failed to make the next step. For Kobe it is now like this:
1. Make a risky trade.
2. If the trade works out, stay in LA and contend.
3. If the team/the situation gets worse/doesn't improve significantly, leave the Lakers.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: June 06, 2007, 02:57:38 PM »
Definitely a risk, especially if you give up Odom and Bynum for an injury-prone nigga like JO. But you also have to understand Kobe. He's not 22 anymore, and he's been spoiled with having Shaq and other capable VETS around him. The Odom era Lakers have had 3 years, they failed to make the next step. For Kobe it is now like this:
1. Make a risky trade.
2. If the trade works out, stay in LA and contend.
3. If the team/the situation gets worse/doesn't improve significantly, leave the Lakers.

Like that he has nothing to loose. I understand what he's trying to do, but maybe it's not the best thing for the Lakers. Like i said it's a big risk. It's not like he wants to win and the Lakers wants to loose, you know what i'm saying? This team till december looked ready to contend. And we've missed Mihm and we've wasted another MLE. Imho if we get a starting PG with the MLE and we make 2-3 trades (and we resign Mihm and Walton) we could try it again. We didn't look horrible at the end of last season and till the All-Star break, this season. We def didn't look like a team to totally rebuild. That's why it's a big risk. You can improve but you can waste 3 years too. And, like you wrote, Kobe could oup-out and fuck your team up for a decade.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: June 06, 2007, 02:58:48 PM »
Part 1:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/lL9iAoIs2n8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/lL9iAoIs2n8</a>

Part 2:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/lsCiTSFiGyw" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/lsCiTSFiGyw</a>

Part 3:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/MrRNrhOB9j0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/MrRNrhOB9j0</a>

Thanx for the hook-up. Well, it's like i said in the previous post: it's still a big risk for the Lakers, man.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #59 on: June 06, 2007, 03:02:35 PM »
Kobe is not saying REBUILD! Again, missing the whole point. He's mad cuz the front-office lied. They said they were tryna win now. They coulda SIGNED Baron Davis. They coulda traded Butler for Boozer. There was many MANY mistakes made behind Kobe's back and without his consent. Nothing to do with "rebuilding"... It's like he said, a superstar player would call him, "hey, Kobe, I hear they're tryna sign me/trade for me in LA". Kobe lobbies the front-office to make the move, the front-office doesn't even consider it... BAM, DENIED. You HAVE to understand Kobe's position, and it IS the best for the Lakers, cuz we'll be contending ASAP. Mark that...PeACe