Author Topic: Check it: "Kobe should take a page from LeBron's book"- FOx sports  (Read 1915 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Check it: "Kobe should take a page from LeBron's book"- FOx sports
« Reply #75 on: June 09, 2007, 11:37:34 AM »
This whole arguement reminds me of some of my employees and some of my co-workers. I work in Sales so of course everything is about how well and how much you sell. But when someone who isn't a top salesman gets a managerial position, people begin to hate and say "well he/she doesn't know how to sell, how can they manager a store?"

My response to that is this: Just because you can sell, does NOT mean you can lead. And just because you can lead does NOT mean you can sell. Two of the best Managers we have in our district were crappy salesmen coming up. But they lead their stores better than anyone in the district, even some cats who were the best of the best when it came to sales.

So what I'm getting at is this: Yes, Kobe can score. He can defend. He can do all this... But he still has NOT proven that he is able to lead. LeBron might not be on every night. But, dude knows how to lead. While he may not drop 30+ points a night, he's motivating his team to work around him to get the job done. THAT'S leadership.

There's no such award for GIP (Greatest Individual Player), this is a team sport.

Sorry, but LeBron is in the leaders role every other game or so...Kobe is a true leader, you don't see him disappearing and looking like a role player constantly like you'd see with LeBron. How often does LeBron look like a great leader? Not very often, if you wanna be honest about it...Mentally, he is not quite there yet. Kobe's problem is something completely different. He simply doesn't have the supporting cast. There are vacant positions on the Laker roster. LeBron wouldn't be able to lead this Laker roster past 20 wins...PeACe

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #76 on: June 09, 2007, 11:39:37 AM »
LeBron wouldn't be able to lead this Laker roster past 20 wins..

Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #77 on: June 09, 2007, 11:42:44 AM »

PG Smush Pakrer
SG Maurice Evans
SF LeBron James
PF Lamar Odom (injured, not true power forward)
C Kwame Brown (injured)

Defense=non-existant

18 wins....TOPS.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #78 on: June 09, 2007, 11:49:17 AM »
Parker... Farmar, Williams
LeBron... Evans, Vujacic
Odom... Walton, Radman... rotate with LeBron
Brown... Cook, Turiaf... rotate with Odom
Bynum... rotate with Brown

LMAO@18 wins tops.
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #79 on: June 09, 2007, 11:58:59 AM »
LMAO@Brown starting power forward (haven't watched him play in the triangle, huh?). LMAO@Bynum starting center (still in major developing stages, he could barely even hold up as a starter when Kwame was injured). LMAO@Parker starting point guard (haven't watched his stint with the Lakers, huh?). LMAO@you thinking that team has a chance at winning games.

Honestly, 7even, do you think the roster you just posted would make the playoffs?...I mean, come on now. Look at the bigs! Look at the point guards! LOOK AT THE ROSTER! It's known that Kwame can't play power forward in the triangle, AND he was playing injured all season! So not only could he not catch the ball, he couldn't get off the ground either! Who would run the point? Who would score? Who would play defense? LeBron at shooting guard is terrible, imagine what a shitty defense that would be. :-X

The roster you just posted was even worse than the one I had...PeACe
« Last Edit: June 09, 2007, 12:00:48 PM by Now_I_Know »

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #80 on: June 09, 2007, 12:04:05 PM »
Are you smoking crack, or why is this

LMAO@Parker starting point guard (haven't watched his stint with the Lakers, huh?).

5 minutes after this

PG Smush Pakrer

Brown, Odom, LeBron would all be tweeners... get minutes at 2 positions depending on the circumstances. LeBron can play various positions. I see no concern with the defense, he can defend guards, no doubt about it. Of course this is not a great team, no shit. The Lakers with Kobe aren't a great team either lmao.
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #81 on: June 09, 2007, 12:53:56 PM »
Are you smoking crack, or why is this

LMAO@Parker starting point guard (haven't watched his stint with the Lakers, huh?).

5 minutes after this

PG Smush Pakrer

Brown, Odom, LeBron would all be tweeners... get minutes at 2 positions depending on the circumstances. LeBron can play various positions. I see no concern with the defense, he can defend guards, no doubt about it. Of course this is not a great team, no shit. The Lakers with Kobe aren't a great team either lmao.

You didn't answer my question, do you think that team would be a playoff team? LMFAO if you do. Kwame didn't play a single minute of power forward this season. He CANT do it. What don't you understand? And taking Kobe off the team would just make them THAT much worse defensively...and then you REALLY don't have a true scoring option... The fact that I had to use Smush as the only option for point guard only proves my point...It's hilarious if you think that roster would be anywhere close to the playoffs...PeACe

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #82 on: June 09, 2007, 12:57:40 PM »
I can't estimate if they would make the playoffs, probably not. But I can tell you this:

No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #83 on: June 09, 2007, 01:01:58 PM »
I can't estimate if they would make the playoffs, probably not. But I can tell you this:

Look at the roster. It would be the worst defensive team in the league, the worst offensive team in the league, AND the team with the least experience in the league...Add a season filled with injuries to that, and NOTHING is funny about what I said...PeACe

hisairness

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #84 on: June 09, 2007, 08:06:55 PM »
...and Lebron would've shared the rock, Odom would've been a great second option, players would've built confidence, the team would be better...

All Kobe can do is score. He isn't a leader.  He isn't a team player.  With Kobe, there is on I in team, but there is ME.  The dude is a joke as a team player and a leader.  He pays attention to the media.  They say Kobe is a ballhog, so he passes.  They say he passes, so he shoots.
NIK - World's worst moderator.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #85 on: June 10, 2007, 12:33:07 AM »
NIK honestly you're going too far with your hate to LeBron. To say LeBron wouldn't be able to lead this Laker roster past 20 wins is just dumb, homie. Matter of fact..

Lakers record with Kobe Bryant is 39-38 (.506%)
Lakers record without Kobe Bryant is 3-2 (.600%)

I'm not saying Lakers are better without Kobe, don't get me wrong, but c'mon, don't be a hater man. LeBron is an excellent player. Maybe not individually as good as Kobe, but he's no Sasha Vujacic!

teecee

« Reply #86 on: June 10, 2007, 07:53:45 AM »
You guys, NIK is a shock poster, its as simple as that.  He is just trying to get a rise out of us.  Can he really believe the Lakers with Lebron would be a 20 win team, while the Lakers with Kobe could possibly beat S.A. and had a chance to win the title this year?  Of course he doesn;t believe that!  Awhile ago he dropped this gem:  "Kobe Bryant is the best leader in basketball" !!!!!!!!!!!!  What has Kobe ever lead his team to?  Yes, it was amazing the Lakers made the playoffs, but that doesn;t make him the best leader in the league. 

What i continually dont get is this?  Before the playoffs started, NIK swore the LaKERS had a chance tp win the title, but once they lose the first round the team becomes a CBA team, the players all suck except Kobe, blah blah blah. The Cavs, on the other hand, were a shit team before the playoffs, but now that they have made it to the final it is because of Lebrons "great supporting cast", as Lebron is merely a "role player." 

Stuff like this is why i think i either:
a) feel sorry for NIK, as he does this all for attention, just to piss people off'
b) or, he truly believes Kobe is god, and can't see or understand anything that would be contradictory.

Of course =, if you ask NIk, he will say "I am not a hater, i say what i truly FEEL and BELIEVE", which convinces him that therefore everything he states is valid somehow.

SGV

« Reply #87 on: June 10, 2007, 09:36:25 AM »
So I've never really checked out that Lakers thread, until now. I randomly looked through some pages since its like 180+++, and I found a couple odd quotes:

instead of focusing on either a)trying to win a championship or b) rebuilding for the future, the lakers management has seemingly been half-assing both

What are you talking about? The management has done a hell of a job acquiring players since the Shaq trade...

They've done a "hell of a job" according to NIK in Feb. But now... they're ignoring Kobe's wants and needs.

well i think its pretty unfair to suggest he aint a real fan juss for carin about his fantasy team lol.

and not that this directly relates to the topic at hand, but i've always found it kinda frustrating wen there are discussions about improving team defense or possible trades or injury updates or wutever, and yet the only responses to be heard are ones stating how godly kobe is and how we should get rid of odom/the rest of the team just for not being as good as kobe.

so many of the local "laker fans" i kno are more like kobe bandwagoners than actual laker fans. altho kobe is sick as fuck so in some ways its understandable.

That's not what I'm saying. The fact that Kobe is on his fantasy team cleared it up for me...I'm saying that if someone cares about how much Kobe scores more than how the Lakers perform, then he's more of a Kobe fan than a Laker fan to begin with. That's just stating the obvious though...

I agree 100% with your comments on the fake Laker fans...That's why I show so much concern with some of the fans on this board...PeACe

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #88 on: June 10, 2007, 09:46:39 AM »
LOL, it just depends on what day of the week you ask him.  One day, the Lakers are full of superstars, the next they are filled w/ D-Leaguers that wouldn't be on any other roster in the NBA.

Then you can find him defending the front office for not acquiring real talent by saying his famous:  "The Lakers don't want championships, they want dynasties". 

And then SGV shows him defending the FO saying theyve done a hell of a job.

Now he says that the FO is completely fucked up because his mancrush black mamba says so.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #89 on: June 10, 2007, 04:55:05 PM »
In the beginning of the season, I did think we had a good chance to contend...I had no clue about the managements plan to build for the future, like Kobe, I was under the impression the goal was to win now. We looked like we were heading in a nice direction... I had no idea they didn't consider Kobe and Phil Jackson's requests for roster adjustments, and pretty much denied every suggestion. You gotta admit that we looked elite in the beginning of the season. We had a top record and beat every good team convincingly...The season fell apart quick though, and now there IS a sense of urgency in Lakerville. I dunno what's so absurd about what I'm saying, do you think it's insane that I don't think any other player in the league coulda led this BATTERED roster to the playoffs? LeBron is good as hell, no doubt, but he's no saviour, he can't carry the load on his shoulder like Kobe can...That's all I'm saying, and why people act like they just got raped when I say that, I have no clue...PeACe