Author Topic: I remember a year ago when Hyphy was a big topic on this board...  (Read 206 times)

Sanford - V. President of the Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The movement is Suckaa Free.
what are you'll opinions now that some time has passed?  it seems to me that it is loosing steam. 

the Bay's biggest artist right know is Ya Boy, and he does more gangsta music than the hyphy sound.

i would rank clyde carson as the one to blow up before everyone else because he got the hook game down...but i have a feeling he will be going away from the hyphy sound a bit and interegate more of the old west coast sound with the piano rifts(2 step).

i never was into the hyphy sound, and ive been born and raised in the city.  its disapointing to see the sound we had, that was so distinguish as the Mobb sound to take this hyphy shit that when it comes down to it...aint really doin shit.

8)

Pick up 2 gats like Riley with a full 16 clip, on some sick shit like Lynch, while rippin a bitch's clit with beyonce's mouth on the tip of my dick.

Dangerous Crew Beeyatch!

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: I remember a year ago when Hyphy was a big topic on this board...
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2007, 11:08:02 AM »
never bought into it, thought it was terrible... same with crunk, pure shite.

rik

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2007, 11:17:00 AM »
There's a few hyphy songs that I like, but for the most part I don't like the music/movement.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2007, 11:18:41 AM »
There's a few hyphy songs that I like, but for the most part I don't like the music/movement.

Same its cool once in a while when you feel a lil crazy that day, its fun to laugh at too but bottom line it dint take for me.

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2007, 11:18:58 AM »
i like the hyphy shit.. but its not sumthin i can listen 2 all the time.. but when the times right its great.. u got a car full of homies or bitches on the weekend or sumtime when every1s out u can just feel it.. but if im by myself or just with a female or 1 or 2 homies i cant listen 2 it

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2007, 11:19:54 AM »
I said it then and I was right. It's just a fad. In the end it helped the Bay Area a lot, bu the only one who sold well because of it was E-40. And he just scrapped gold. It's sad too, because it the "Hyphy Movement" could of had potential, but they let it become a fad instead of about good music.

Paul

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2007, 11:38:30 AM »
i like the hyphy shit.. but its not sumthin i can listen 2 all the time.. but when the times right its great.. u got a car full of homies or bitches on the weekend or sumtime when every1s out u can just feel it.. but if im by myself or just with a female or 1 or 2 homies i cant listen 2 it

yeah im the same,  i still bump my ghetto report card like a fool but

same with crunk, i love lil jon's albums but at the rite time, ie drunk lol
funkyfreshintheflesh

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2007, 01:53:36 PM »
It was interseting at 1st, especially to see if a region that has been shitted on by the industry would ever be accepted again. I respect Dre, Keak, 40, whoever started it for there individual styles, but the way the "movement" was presented to the rest of the country all wrong. It did at least bring back some sort of steam back to the bay, and got a few guys noticed, but they havent really done anything big yet except for 40.

Lunatic

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2007, 01:54:29 PM »
never liked it, never will

ain't hating though, if hyphy ya thing, get cha paper 8)
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2007, 02:01:34 PM »
It burnt out for 100 different reasons....for one, the songs were WAAAAAAAAAAAY TOOOOOOOOOOOOOO monotonous..even the ones from established artists. Of course 90% of the "Myspace rappers" from the Bay had some song about goin dumb...but when EEEVERYBODY from the Bay period was doin it, it's like ok.....and the whole culture to it was just too trendy. LMAO, Ghost ridin whips, and damn near tryin to speak another language is only gonna last for so long. It hasn't completely died out yet, but it is burnin out very fast. I wasn't at all concerned about the lyrical content, because it's club music...and some cats were still creative with it. But it was just too trendy, and didn't evolve in the same way that crunk and gangsta rap did, and was damn near overnight...so it lost it's flame.

However, it still influenced the industry. You can't tell me Swizz Beatz "Money in the bank" doesn't sound like a hyphy track.

Slikk_J

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2007, 10:07:20 PM »

Yeah Hyphy cool, but not all the time.....

Apart from My ghetto report card (Crazy album), the closest thing I have heard to Hyphy is The Pack and Turf Talks new album.