Author Topic: Mack 10's The Recipe. Classic?  (Read 454 times)

d-nice

Re: Mack 10's The Recipe. Classic?
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2007, 08:06:07 AM »
It is a classic in it's own way. After the East/West fued this album is really cool to listen to with Mack 10 collaborating with many of his homies and label signees (Techniec, Boo Kapone, CJ Mac, MC Eiht etc.) and with many skilled Eastcoast cats like Fat Joe, Big Pun, Jermaine Dupri etc. but in hiphop it does take more then just an entertaining album though, as GimmeYourShoes already mentioned. There's no filler on this album though, all hot songs with nice productions and good lyrics for a Westcoast album.

Therefore i don't think it's necessary to bash this album right away, this is not a classic, no doubt about that, but it comes near.

On a sidenote i consider Mack 10 and Based On A True Story as classics though, plus Ghetto, Gutter & Gangsta and Bang Or Ball one of the most entertaining and banging albums to come out in the 2000's.

+1. He definitely bridged the gap on this album. He had some crazy collabos on there. I like the song with all the Hoo Bangin artists and WC, the one with Eiht and Eazy and Ghetto Horror Show with Ice Cube and Jayo Felony. One of the best Ice Cube guest appearance verses in a long time. He killed his verse. Man, I am going to have to throw this back in the ride.

EFFeX

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2007, 08:06:30 AM »
Was bumpin' LBC And The ING this morning... classic!

The whole album, had it's ups and downs, but this one is def recognized by non-Mack 10 heads though!

d-nice

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2007, 08:08:39 AM »

The whole album, had it's ups and downs, but this one is def recognized by non-Mack 10 heads though!

Yeah of course, how could I forget that one.  ;D

The only one I really did not bump alot was the one with Buckshot and ODB. I even liked the rock n roll cut with Cube, Mack and Korn. Man I miss Cube and Mack 10 collabos.

IzUwitIt

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2007, 08:20:43 AM »
The collabos make it what it is. real good range of guest appearance on there, noway a classic tho

The Great Elephant

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2007, 09:23:58 AM »
not a classic but definitely some 10/10 tracks on there...lbc and the ing, the letter, the posse cut, opening song, gangsta shit is a drug, etc were all dope.  mack 10 needs to get back in the studio, what the fuck is  goin on?

Lunatic

« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2007, 09:28:20 AM »
damn I rated it 4/6 in mack's catalog, and all y'all are talkin some real good shit on this album. I'ma have to bump all the mack 1-0 albums agian 8)

for real fuck is up mack? i now what he's doing, but he better get back in the studio
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

The Great Elephant

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2007, 09:38:22 AM »
damn I rated it 4/6 in mack's catalog, and all y'all are talkin some real good shit on this album. I'ma have to bump all the mack 1-0 albums agian 8)

for real fuck is up mack? i now what he's doing, but he better get back in the studio

is he focusing on that new label right now?  i heard hustlas handbook didn't sell too well so im hoping he didn't hang it up after the falling out with wscg..
« Last Edit: June 09, 2007, 09:40:35 AM by Interview MC Ren!!!! »

XaNdEr

« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2007, 09:46:47 AM »

Yeah of course, how could I forget that one.  ;D

The only one I really did not bump alot was the one with Buckshot and ODB. I even liked the rock n roll cut with Cube, Mack and Korn. Man I miss Cube and Mack 10 collabos.

LBC & The ING sounded like a very early version of Drop It Like It's Hot. Lookin' back both songs use the same drums i think, i love Snoop's verses on LBC & The ING.  8)

EFFeX

« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2007, 10:09:41 AM »
Although Eazy E's verse on this album has been re-used on several songs, I think it honestly sounds best on this track... I always loved that joint!

Lunatic

« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2007, 10:13:24 AM »

for real fuck is up mack? i know what he's doing, but he better get back in the studio

is he focusing on that new label right now?  i heard hustlas handbook didn't sell too well so im hoping he didn't hang it up after the falling out with wscg..

yea i think he's doing a few label things. First off, he just signed G. Malone to hoo-bangin/cash money, so i'm guessing with it being backed by a major label, his first priority is to get G.Malone up and running, and a commercial success. Also, I remember a while back, some big-time executive put mack in charge of a new label called "Melee Records", and i'm not sure what's up with that.

Hustla's Handbook didn't sell well at all (if i remember correctly something like 65,000 first week which is considered a flop at the time it was released since rap was still selling really good #s). I also hope he didn't hang it up, Hustla's Handbook was a GREAT album. I think the label also dropped the ball on it. Like this had the potential to be a hit, and the album had some nice candiates for 2nd and 3rd singles. Pop sounded like it could of been a commercial success, and then the testimony as a 3rd single to show that the album is diverse.

XaNdEr

« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2007, 10:25:05 AM »
Hustla's Handbook flopped cause there was no promotion. The label didn't back this project, i even remember when i didn't even heard about it, i checked Limewire and saw some new Mack 10 songs (that was like a month after it came out) and i downloaded them, then i saw it was from a album i didn't know so i did some research and found the album. I ordered it when i knew it was a new official record.

This says enough about the label, they could have made a videoclip for at least 1 song (2 or 3 would be better) and some promotions like banners on sites, interviews with big sites/magazines and stuff like that.

S.J

« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2007, 10:29:06 AM »
I liked Get Yo Ride On, Money's Just A Touch Away, Ghetto Horror Show, LBC And The ING, Gangsta Shit's Like A Drug, The Letter and Should I Stay Or Should I Go. if all the tracks had been like those then it would of been classic, I think there was too much of a mixture of styles on the album.
But I'm a do it like this so your crew will know
Tie your leg to a car, tie the other to a pole
Talk shit and laugh cause I got the gift of gab
Hop in the car, hit the gas, watch your ass split in half
-Rappin Ron

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2007, 10:34:58 AM »
recipe track is banging.
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

Lunatic

« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2007, 10:36:04 AM »
Hustla's Handbook flopped cause there was no promotion. The label didn't back this project, i even remember when i didn't even heard about it, i checked Limewire and saw some new Mack 10 songs (that was like a month after it came out) and i downloaded them, then i saw it was from a album i didn't know so i did some research and found the album. I ordered it when i knew it was a new official record.

This says enough about the label, they could have made a videoclip for at least 1 song (2 or 3 would be better) and some promotions like banners on sites, interviews with big sites/magazines and stuff like that.

there is a video for "like this"

i remember seeing a few times on bet, just didn't get much play

there was also an access granted for it, and mack even made an appearance on bet's rap city, but still that's not much promotion

i can't find the whole vid on the net, but here's a clip

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2007, 12:20:13 PM »
if it had a Kobe feature then it woulda been classic....