Author Topic: Lamar Odom Practiced Monday...Will Most Likely Play On Friday.  (Read 251 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Lamar Odom Practiced Monday...Will Most Likely Play On Friday.
« on: November 06, 2007, 12:59:34 PM »
Lakers' Odom practices, could play Friday

By Rich Hammond, Staff Writer
Article Last Updated: 11/05/2007 10:21:19 PM PST

EL SEGUNDO - Good feelings were plentiful around the Lakers' practice facility Monday afternoon, no more so than when Lamar Odom walked off the court, his purple jersey drenched in sweat.

Odom, who is the final stages of recovery from his May shoulder surgery, made an unexpected return to practice Monday, fared well and said he is targeting a return for Friday's game against Minnesota.

"I'll go at it harder and harder every day," Odom said. "Hopefully the doctor will clear me."

Coming off back-to-back impressive victories over Phoenix and Utah, the Lakers will face New Orleans - which won its first three games - tonight at home, and could be at full strength by the end of the week.

Last season, Odom led the Lakers in rebounds (-9.8-) per game and was second in points (15.9) and assists (-4.8-), even though he played through considerable pain in his left arm toward the end of the season.

Training-camp estimates had Odom missing up to two weeks of the regular season. A return Friday would put him slightly ahead of schedule, but Odom said he would not play before he felt ready.

"It was good to practice and get up and down with the guys, get blocked a couple times, make some shots, miss some shots, grab a rebound," Odom said. "My basketball timing was off a little bit but hopefully in every practice I'll get it back. ... I just want to come in and contribute in any way possible."

Kobe Bryant scored a game-high 33 points in Sunday's victory over Utah, but a day later the talk was still centered around two 20-year-old subs: Andrew Bynum and Jordan Farmar.

In 19 minutes, Bynum totaled 15 points (and made 6 of 7 shots) and nine rebounds. In 17 minutes, Farmar had 12 points and four assists. With the Lakers locked in a tight game early in the fourth quarter, the duo brought tremendous energy and keyed a run that eventually carried the Lakers to victory.

The Lakers trailed by four when Farmar hit a 3-pointer in the final seconds of the third quarter. Bynum's dunk, off a nice assist from Farmar, put the Lakers ahead, and Farmar scored the next five points.

"We've embraced the role that's been given to us," Farmar said. "It's our job to come out with intensity off the bench and give the team some spark."

Bynum played only two fewer minutes than starting center Kwame Brown, who was plagued by early foul trouble.

Bynum, coming off a 14-point, 13-rebound effort against Phoenix, stayed in the game even after he picked up his fourth foul with 8:06 remaining. Bynum eventually fouled out and got a standing ovation.

"I like the fact that his teammates recognize his strengths and they're willing to get the ball to him in situations that are real positive," Lakers coach Phil Jackson said of Bynum.

Vladimir Radmanovic drew the most attention last season when he was fined $500,000 for an ill-advised snowboarding excursion. Now, people are taking note of his play.

After his 19-point effort against Phoenix, Radmanovic was rewarded with 25 minutes Sunday.

Radmanovic totaled nine points, two rebounds and two assists.

"He's a little more comfortable with what's going on out there," Jackson said. "Obviously last year he had a terrible start and a terrible end, so he didn't have an opportunity to really perform the way he wanted to. He's a good athlete. He's a good active player and he can do a lot of things."

Bench power

Much better

We are SO deep. 8)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 01:01:51 PM by Now_I_Know »

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Lamar Odom Practiced Monday...Will Most Likely Play On Friday.
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2007, 03:33:31 PM »
Exciting.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2007, 04:03:05 PM »
I had Odom last year for my fantasy, then he got hurt, and my team went from 4th to 10th in a month. Odom is that deal, 15 points, 10 rebounds and 5 assist a night. He gets those stats like clock work, and he'll be very helpful to the Lakers. Hopefully he'll come ready and we can get this thing going.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2007, 04:22:48 PM »
I just hope he's not rushing it. Last thing he needs is to come back too quick and re-injure himself.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2007, 05:25:24 PM »
Why do we have an official Lakers thread, yet continue flooding the section w/ Laker topics?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2007, 06:16:39 PM »
^"The Official Lakers thread" is for in game discussions and small updates...Big news like this gets its own thread. Otherwise, a Sports section wouldn't even exist...PeACe

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2007, 11:29:46 PM »
cannot wait to see Odom finally play with us again.