Author Topic: Sopranos series finale  (Read 1280 times)

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
Re: Sopranos series finale
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2007, 05:07:27 PM »
^^ I agree. At first I didn't know what to think, but I'm digging it more and more. What a great run it was lol

imo either tony got wacked, thats why the screen went blank and there was no sound.  It goes back to the converstation tony and bobby had on the boat about what its like when you die.  but that ending was so tense, from the journey song, meadon not being able to park her car, to the shady characters, aj saying you just have to enjoy the good times while you have them.  Im still not sure what to think but it must of been good if it still has me talking about it lol.

Meadow fucked up...if should would've parked earlier...she would've been sitting by Tony...thus making it hard for the shooter to hit him...you can't kill family
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2007, 05:14:46 PM »
^^ I agree. At first I didn't know what to think, but I'm digging it more and more. What a great run it was lol

imo either tony got wacked, thats why the screen went blank and there was no sound.  It goes back to the converstation tony and bobby had on the boat about what its like when you die.  but that ending was so tense, from the journey song, meadon not being able to park her car, to the shady characters, aj saying you just have to enjoy the good times while you have them.  Im still not sure what to think but it must of been good if it still has me talking about it lol.

yep i think he got wacked or the audience got wacked everything went dark and we dint see anything lke they were talking about on the boat.

Meadow fucked up...if should would've parked earlier...she would've been sitting by Tony...thus making it hard for the shooter to hit him...you can't kill family

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2007, 05:15:09 PM »
Was the cat Chris reincarnated still fucking with Paulie?? lol

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2007, 07:25:40 PM »
It's called a cop-out, ladies and gentlemen...Didn't think a classic series like this would go with one. :-\

herpes

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2007, 08:34:38 PM »
the more I think about it, the more I appreaciate the ending and realize how brilliant it was, i'll explain 2morrow.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2007, 05:40:36 AM »
the more I think about it, the more I appreaciate the ending and realize how brilliant it was, i'll explain 2morrow.

I had no problem with the ending, whether the fade to black was Tony getting clipped or not. My problem was the rest of the episode, particularly the way Leotardo was handled. Here we have a guy being pegged as a stone cold killer, a war time don, and the great threat to the Soprano family taking out two of the three top guys, and he just goes out in the stupidest way. "There ain't a bigger cock sucker than Phil Leotardo" Paulie said last episode, but it hardly played out that way. First off how the fuck are we supposed to believe that Butchie, who just saw his pal Coco get fucked up and had a gun to his head by Tony and basically begged Phil to takeover as Don, is going to just up and switch his views on the whole thing and call off the hit betraying Phil? All the while Leotardo who has been around and respected for decades is sitting in the dark with out any knowledge of this. Your telling me there isn't one guy in the whole Lupertazzi crime family that would go tell Phil what went on after the order was given to back off of Tony? You expect me to believe that Phil who was so careful to disappear during the war is going to walk around alone with out back up in broad daylight? I didn't buy any of that shit. The whole lead up to Phil vs Tony was handled perfectly but ended like shit.

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2007, 05:51:54 AM »
^^^the new york family didn't even know where Phil is

BJV

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2007, 07:09:22 AM »

I had no problem with the ending, whether the fade to black was Tony getting clipped or not. My problem was the rest of the episode, particularly the way Leotardo was handled. Here we have a guy being pegged as a stone cold killer, a war time don, and the great threat to the Soprano family taking out two of the three top guys, and he just goes out in the stupidest way. "There ain't a bigger cock sucker than Phil Leotardo" Paulie said last episode, but it hardly played out that way. First off how the fuck are we supposed to believe that Butchie, who just saw his pal Coco get fucked up and had a gun to his head by Tony and basically begged Phil to takeover as Don, is going to just up and switch his views on the whole thing and call off the hit betraying Phil? All the while Leotardo who has been around and respected for decades is sitting in the dark with out any knowledge of this. Your telling me there isn't one guy in the whole Lupertazzi crime family that would go tell Phil what went on after the order was given to back off of Tony? You expect me to believe that Phil who was so careful to disappear during the war is going to walk around alone with out back up in broad daylight? I didn't buy any of that shit. The whole lead up to Phil vs Tony was handled perfectly but ended like shit.

Maybe the hit wasn't called off they just played Tony and he got killed at the end. But yeah all we can do now is keep guessing. They just turned Sopranos into LOST. :P

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2007, 07:49:37 AM »
^^^the new york family didn't even know where Phil is

So Phil would seclude himself from his own family completely and just assume all goes accordingly, all the while not worry about anyone coming after enough enough to have eyes and ears in the operation or protection but enough to think Tony would have phone taps and the ability to track down a location, even though Phil just uses the same gas station?Like I said, it made no sense for Phil to all of a sudden become an idiot. The episode sucked like many other episodes did. I used to debate what was better; Sopranos or the Wire. I no longer debate that.

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2007, 02:57:41 PM »
sum1 sent me this

TONY IS DEAD
Body: Tony Soprano was killed....

In fact, the ending was genius if you've paid attention to the show or are just a fan of well developed well thought out plots that all tie together and have the memory of a champ to remember it all the ending was simple, he got killed, but let me tell y'all why and explain in detail... There was 4 people in the room total who had a reason to kill tony.....

The two black guys were paid before to kill Tony when his mother put a hit out on him but he was clipped in the ear in Season One.

The trucker at the booth near Tony was the brother of a Trucker, Christopher killed in DVD player robbery. We last saw the brother when he went to identify his dead brother's body.

And lastly, from the earlier seasons, the Italian man who was sitting at the counter stool, who the camera kept focusing in on, is Nikki Leotardo, Phil Leotardos nephew. He was in one of the early season episodes where Phil and Tony have a sit down....

Here is where the genius comes in....

When Tony walks into the Holston's, you see the camera focus on him, then it switches to his perspective, and you see him looking @ the booth hes gonna sit at...

Then the camera switches back to Tony's face, then it once again
switches to his perspective, and it shows him looking @ the door and looking @ the people come in..... Everytime the door opens the chimes sound.......

Carmela walks in, Chimes.
AJ walks in, Chimes.

This all happens while Meadow is parallel parking, still trying to get inside the restaurant....

At this point the camera switches back Nikki Leotardo who goes in the bathroom...

Then it goes to a scene where Meadow finally parks and starts running into the diner...

The door is about to open, Tony looks up...

and No Chimes...

No Music...

Everything just goes black...

In one of the early episodes of the Sopranos, Tonys is talking with Bobby about what it must feel like to die.

Bobby says, "at the end, you probably dont hear anything, everything just goes black!"

This idea was revisited in the second to last episode during the
last seconds of it, when Tony is about to go to sleep and he flashes back to the memory of him and Bobby on the boat... "You probably dont hear anything everything just goes black"

So in the end, the Journey song was playing, the chimes on the door sounded but when Meadow came in, someone killed Tony.

This is the reason you didn't hear or see sh!t when he died.... it was from his perspective... and everything went black, then the credits.

bada bing!!

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2007, 03:02:16 PM »
^^ It's a nice opinion, again tho it's up to you what you make of it.

You didn't see him die, you didn't hear him die, you weren't told or shown that he died.  Therefore in my head, he didn't.

But this is where the genius of the ending comes in....the debate, everyone having their own ideas and viewpoints on what happened.
NO MORE WAR

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2007, 03:21:24 PM »
intersting summary from wikpedia

Made in America" is the 86th and final episode of the HBO original series, The Sopranos. It is the ninth episode of the second half of the show's sixth season. The episode was written and directed by the series creator David Chase, marking the first time Chase has directed an episode since the series premiere. It first aired on Sunday June 10, 2007.

Contents [hide]
1 Episode summary
1.1 Final scene interpretation
2 Guest starring
3 Deceased
4 Title reference
5 References to prior episodes
6 References to other media
7 Production
8 References
9 External links

[edit] Episode summary
The episode opens with Tony waking up in the bed of the safehouse. The core members of the crew are there, and have been for some period of time, and a cat has taken to living with the crew. In the next scene, Tony has a meeting, offering Agent Dwight Harris the name of the bank used by the two Arabs who frequented the Bada Bing. Tony asks Harris if he knows the location of Phil, Agent Harris warns Tony not to overreach. AJ is then shown developing his relationship with Rhiannon.

Tony has a sitdown with the members of the New York family, except for Phil Leotardo. The New York family members (Butch DeConcini and Albie Cianflone) agree to stop pursuing the war and make reparations for killing Bobby, but won't do anything about Phil (but tell Tony he can "do what you have to do"). Tony comes out of hiding and his family returns to their North Caldwell home. Agent Harris then notifies Tony that calls allegedly made by Leotardo are coming from a payphone in Oyster Bay, New York. Tony's crew sets out to look for gas stations containing payphones.

Phil is shown getting out of his SUV at a gas station, and says goodbye to his wife and grandchildren. Walden Belfiore shoots and kills him as he stands by the passenger side window. His wife Patty then runs out of her Ford Expedition screaming, and the car is left in drive with her two grandchildren inside. The car crawls forward, rolling over and crushing Phil's head, causing an onlooker to vomit, but is brought to a stop by an onlooker who reaches inside the vehicle. After hearing that Phil had been killed, Agent Dwight Harris yelled, "We're gonna win this thing!".

At the dinner after Bobby's funeral, A.J. announces his disaffection with the American Dream and the government's war on terror to the people at his table, but most of them express disinterest or confusion. He decides that joining the Army is his only recourse to contribute to fixing things, but both his parents and his girlfriend Rhiannon are against this. Ultimately, his parents distract him from his Army ambitions by getting him involved in producing a movie with Carmine Jr's production company, and supplying him with a new BMW M3 to replace his Nissan Xterra, which burned to a crisp after he injudiciously parked it in some dry leaves while listening to Bob Dylan and making out with Rhiannon.

Meadow plans a wedding with Patrick Parisi. Tony visits Silvio, who remains in a coma. Uncle Junior is visited in the state mental hospital by Janice, trying to figure out where he has hidden his stash of cash, but his dementia is so far advanced that he doesn't recognize anyone. He thinks Janice is Livia, and that Janice's daughter Domenica is Janice. When she tells him that Bobby is dead, he answers "yeah, Ambassador Hotel," a connection between the name "Bobby" and the location of Robert F. Kennedy's assassination. Tony finally goes to visit him, but he doesn't know who he is, or that he shot Tony. He looks confusedly at Tony, who tells Junior that he and his father used to run North Jersey. Junior simply replies, "That's nice."

Tony's lawyer Neil Mink tells him that his capo, Carlo Gervasi, will be testifying to a grand jury and that Tony stands to be indicted. Tony offers the leadership of the Aprile crew to Paulie. Paulie, unsettled by a stray cat that keeps staring at a picture of Chris in the backroom of Satriale's, also feels superstitious about the apparent curse that has struck the leaders of that crew. But after he turns down the offer, Tony basically orders him to rethink his position and Paulie accepts the promotion.

At the end of the episode, Tony is meeting his family at a restaurant in Bloomfield, New Jersey. He selects Journey's "Don't Stop Believin'" from the table-side jukebox. Various people enter and Tony looks at each of them. Carmela and then A.J. arrive. Meadow is late and has difficulty parallel parking outside. A man walks in and orders coffee at the counter. He seems to look in Tony's direction and walks towards him, going past to the restroom. Tony, Carmela, and A.J. each pop an onion ring in their mouths and finally, Meadow parks and rushes across the street, approaching the door. Tony hears the bell on the door ring and glances up. The screen then abruptly cuts to black. After several seconds, the credits roll in silence.

[edit] Final scene interpretation
The ending is said to offer no closure or catharsis for viewers.[1] A major point of contention among fans lies in the fate of Tony Soprano in the episode's final moments.[2] Some interpret is that he is killed while others believe that he remains living.[2] David Chase recently said in an interview - regarding the open endings and unanswered questions in The Sopranos - that it is supposed to mirror life as there are no neatly wrapped endings in life. He also talked about how this 'closure' that audiences crave within any story is not always a good thing. It could be said that closure within The Sopranos would cheapen the plot and take away the 'secrets and lies' that each character holds
I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2007, 03:53:32 PM »
The two black guys were paid before to kill Tony when his mother put a hit out on him but he was clipped in the ear in Season One.

I thought he killed one of them niggaz or am I thinking of a different hit?
NO MORE WAR

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2007, 04:55:39 PM »
I seriousily thought one of the black guys was jermaine dupree lol

Anywayz...like someone said

the viewers got whacked!!!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2007, 05:08:49 PM by eS El Duque »

MontrealCity's Most