Author Topic: Stat Quo confirms that Dr.Dre raps on Statlanta  (Read 698 times)

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Stat Quo confirms that Dr.Dre raps on Statlanta
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2007, 12:42:42 AM »
I was never impressed by Stat. The only reason I'd check his album is for the guest spots.

On a side note, why anyone would sign to Aftermath or Interscope is beyond me. Unless you are Dre, Em or 50, you should expect to wait at least 3 years before Jimmy gives two shits about you.

Dargine

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Main Underground Stream
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2007, 04:00:22 AM »
ive always liked Stat...ever since i first heard him back in 04...or it even mightve been the end of 03....i never stopped being a fan so yes i  for one am very anticipating this album.....ive never had a problem wit dudes voice or his raps.....hes a pretty good rapper in my oppinion....cant wait for this to leak...im a big 50 fan also but i have a feeling Stat's album is gonna be way better.

I agree.. and 'specially after I heard his unreleased album that was recorded before the Shady/Aftermath deal (might as well be the cd that got him signed) that shit was dope as fuck, 'specially track 09 is a classic, one of the best tracks I've ever heard.. (it came without track titles)
http://TheMUSblog.blogspot.com

Everything about The D.O.C, Obie Trice, The Notorious B.I.G, Young Buck, Eminem, Pipe da Snipe, Devin the Dude, Six Street Mac, Dr. Dre, B.G. Knocc Out, YG Hootie, 50 Cent, Nate Dogg, 4-Bent & Black Rob.

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2007, 05:12:09 AM »
Just to check: who on this board is actually looking forward to hear this album? I mean REALLY anticipating it. I'm pretty sure that most of are CURIOUS to hear it, but that's about it...

Honestly, I could give a fuck about this album. I'd much rather see Dre concentrating on doing Detox than on doing beats for Stat Quo. I can't stand this guy's voice...

You're just hating, i'm really lookin' forward for this album. I'm gonna pre-order it when it's for sale.  8)

Since when has simply stating your opinion began being labelled as 'hating'? Seriously, tell me. I'm very curious.
I told you that I don't like his voice, and in order for me to like an MC, I GOTTA like his voice, among other things (lyrical capabilities, creativeness, hooks, ...).

In other words: think before you speak instead of saying "you're just hating". Not everyone will like the MC's you listen to. Deal with it.

XaNdEr

« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2007, 09:46:34 AM »
Deal with that dick in your ass faggot. Cause you don't like his voice he's wack? Fuck that, listen to his lyrics, rhymes etc. and get your arguments from those things, then i'ma respect your opinion.

Invincible

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2007, 03:13:20 PM »
Just to check: who on this board is actually looking forward to hear this album? I mean REALLY anticipating it. I'm pretty sure that most of are CURIOUS to hear it, but that's about it...

Me. I've been waiting about 3 years for this to drop. It is one of my most anticipated albums ever. To see what Dr. Dre's sound is like working with a southern artist. And with a Dre verse to boot, i am really looking forward to it now. Roll on Aug 28th. What a nice birthday present that would be for me.

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2007, 03:15:34 PM »
I wasn't anticipating Stat Quo at all, I didn't check for him cause I wasn't feeling his style, but "Here We Go" is banging and the tracklist looks sick.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2007, 10:11:39 AM »
Stat said that unlike some of his peers in the South, he wanted to stay away from more redundant themes like partying and women and go deeper. The single, "Here We Go" (produced by Dre), and another called "G.R.I.T.S." (i.e. "Girls Raised in the South") are probably the only records we heard that heavily get into those topics on the 16-song LP.

Well, that sounds good.

I'm not a big fan of Stat's voice, but he's alright I guess. He's come correct on some cuts, some have been lackluster, but I'll check the record and see about it then.

thinking the exact same thing.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson