Author Topic: Shawn Marion to the CELTICS for 5th pick, Delonte West, & Theo Ratliff?  (Read 963 times)

jeromechickenbone

I'm sure this rumor originated from The Sports Guy's chat today:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Paul (Auburn NY): What are your thoughts on the trade rumors involing Shawn Marion to the Celtics for the fifth pick, theo ratliff and one of the guards?

Bill Simmons: I don't think it makes any sense for Phoenix. if they trade Marion or Stoudemire, the goal would be to get under the tax. Well, how does Ratliff's contract help? Yeah, it expires next summer, but it still counts on the cap this year... and he's adamant that he's not retiring. So that trade makes no sense. If they deal Marion, it has to be to a team under the cap that can absorb most/all of his contract, like Atlanta or Charlotte. For instance, if Atlanta offered the No. 11 pick, Josh Childress and Marvin Williams, that could work.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marion def feels like he's not getting the shine he deserves.  I'm pretty sure he's gonna be gone this offseason. 

GangstaBoogy

^ the problem with Marion is that he fuckin sucks without a true PG. Great player, but the guy needs to be spoon fed. Notice he's never really had to play without Penny, Kidd, or Nash.

I hope they do trade him for expiring contracts and draft picks. The sooner that team falls apart, the easier it'll be for the Lakers to get back to owning the Pacific Division.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

^ the problem with Marion is that he fuckin sucks without a true PG. Great player, but the guy needs to be spoon fed. Notice he's never really had to play without Penny, Kidd, or Nash.

I hope they do trade him for expiring contracts and draft picks. The sooner that team falls apart, the easier it'll be for the Lakers to get back to owning the Pacific Division.

GREAT players don't need to be spoon fed...PeACe

GangstaBoogy

True but Marion isn't great because of his scoring. He rebounds, blocks shots, gets steals, and plays defense on every position.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
this is definately going to be an interesting offseason.   

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I've been hearing Zach Randolph for #5 and Ratliff, but I don't think Ainge wants to deal with Portland ever again after the Roy situation and now with Portland landing #1.

GangstaBoogy

Why the hell would the celtics want Zach Randolph? He's just Al Jefferson with a bad attitude and a huge contract.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
LMAO@Laker-fans hating on the Suns claiming they didn't contend this season  ::)

LMAO@Owners in the NBA being too broke to spend 70 mil on their team per year  :loser:

LMAO@Marion thinking he doesn't get the shine he deserves and that he could make it BIG on a sucky team  :camp:
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

True but Marion isn't great because of his scoring. He rebounds, blocks shots, gets steals, and plays defense on every position.

Marion is a LeBron James/Dwyane Wade type defender...weakside steals and blocks, but can't stay in front of his man and sucks overall on D. He went from slightly underrated, to extremely overrated as a player...I feel bad for any team that trades for him...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

LMAO@Laker-fans hating on the Suns claiming they didn't contend this season  ::)

LMAO@Owners in the NBA being too broke to spend 70 mil on their team per year  :loser:

LMAO@Marion thinking he doesn't get the shine he deserves and that he could make it BIG on a sucky team  :camp:

ROFLMFAO@you thinking the Suns can beat the Spurs in 7.

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
Marions got one of the napiest shots i've ever seen
I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Never hate your enemies, it affects your judgement. Ya dig? Your hate for the Suns is blinding you. Without the suspensions, they would have probably won Game 5, with a Game 7 in PHX left. All their chances to beat the Spurs. If you can beat the Spurs you can beat Utah and Cleveland, too. To say they can't contend is laughable.

Also, trading Marion for West and a pick won't improve the team. They won't contend with this squad either. Waiting for the pick to develop is laughable as Nash is 33.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

GangstaBoogy

"There is speculation around the league about a possible deal with Seattle that would bring forward Rashard Lewis to Boston.

Lewis reportedly is good friends with Gerald Green and would consent to the deal if Green is not a part of the package. Robert Swift also could be in the mix. Ainge has coveted Swift in the past."

It's All About 18

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
The Celtics are offering that same deal to the Sonics for Rashard Lewis. I hope they get him.

C - Al Jefferson
PF - Rashard Lewis
SF - Gerald Wallace
SG - Paul Pierce
PG - Rajon Rondo

^ A lot of talent, but not sure how far they can make it.

^cuz what they got now isnt working

Oh really? That's why they would have probably won the Championship if Horry had not checked Nash?

Get the fuck outta here. Phoenix lost 3 years in a row. If your team is that good and can't make it to the Finals you have to make some changes. Too bad the Suns can't dump Nash and somehow get Chris Paul.

G. Wallace is a Bobcat or i miss something... Maybe you want to say G. Green
« Last Edit: June 12, 2007, 11:38:10 AM by The Truth #34 »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Never hate your enemies, it affects your judgement. Ya dig? Your hate for the Suns is blinding you. Without the suspensions, they would have probably won Game 5, with a Game 7 in PHX left. All their chances to beat the Spurs. If you can beat the Spurs you can beat Utah and Cleveland, too. To say they can't contend is laughable.

Also, trading Marion for West and a pick won't improve the team. They won't contend with this squad either. Waiting for the pick to develop is laughable as Nash is 33.

Are you joking? They CANT contend with the style, man. They've had 3 seasons with the same team, where they were on top of their game, and each season ended in disappointment. What does that tell you? I GUARANTEED Phoenix wouldnt win the championship this year, and I'll GUARANTEE it as long as they're playing the same system...Fucking Denver could win a series against Phoenix. Clippers and Lakers take them to 7 games...The Horry bump did nothing, Spurs woulda' won either way. Claim whatever you want, but it's pathetic. ANYONE can see the Spurs are superior this season...PeACe