Author Topic: Chamillionare annouces new single with Slick Rick + cover  (Read 306 times)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Chamillionare annouces new single with Slick Rick + cover
« on: June 13, 2007, 03:48:40 AM »

Chamillionaire readies for the major label release of his highly anticipated sophomore album “Ultimate Victory,” with the debut of the LP’s first official single, “Hip Hop Police” featuring Slick Rick. The track, which was produced by hit maker JR Rotem, will be introduced to radio airwaves this month. In addition to debuting the new single, Chamillionaire will also be giving away a free double bonus to fans with the release of “Mixtape Messiah 3” and “Mixtape Messiah DVD.”

"I’ve been hard at work, putting the final touches on Ultimate Victory while my fans have remained patient and overwhelmingly supportive of me. Now that the album is finally complete and the first official single, “Hip Hop Police” ft. Slick Rick is ready for release, I’m back on the mixtape grind, " says Chamillionaire. “ In addition to giving away “Mixtape Messiah 3,” the release of the DVD is just an extra token to show my appreciation to the fans that have supported me over the years."

“Mixtape Messiah 3”will feature the Houston rapper pushing the envelope once again, while producing the same high quality of music that fans are accustomed to with every official mixtape release by Chamillionaire. Just in case that wasn’t enough for hungry fans, the “Mixtape Messiah DVD”will feature an hour of exclusive interviews, show performances, and backstage tour footage, as well as recent in-studio footage, all thoroughly documented throughout the past year and a half.

Both the new mixtape and DVD will be available for free download in their entirety off of the hip hop star’s official website www.chamillionaire.com , on June 18th, exactly three months before the release of the rapper’s major label release. “Ultimate Victory,” which features guest appearances by Lil Wayne, Krayzie Bone, Pimp C, Lloyd, Famous and Devin the Dude to name a few, in addition to production by Happy P, The Runners, Play-N-Skillz, The Beat Bullies, Kane Beatz, David Banner and others, will be released on September 18th

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Chamillionare annouces new single with Slick Rick + cover
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2007, 04:20:33 AM »
Im so glad that they changed the first single from that Not a Criminal tune which was trash, atleast this single sounds like its gona b different!! Sounds dope, i can't wait...

Jome

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2007, 09:55:08 AM »
Koopa + Slick Rick + J.R. = Can't miss.  8)

I'll be very surprised if this single isn't dope.. hopefully they'll leave that wack track with Kelis off the album.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2007, 09:59:02 AM »
props to chamillionare for reaching out to slick rick and giving him some exposure to these youngsters who think mase is old school.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Sanford - V. President of the Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The movement is Suckaa Free.
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2007, 10:36:01 AM »
so i guess Cham doesnt have any beats from Dre.... :-\

Pick up 2 gats like Riley with a full 16 clip, on some sick shit like Lynch, while rippin a bitch's clit with beyonce's mouth on the tip of my dick.

Dangerous Crew Beeyatch!

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2007, 08:56:55 AM »
Chamillionaire Busted By 'Hip Hop Police' For Ridin' Dirty With Jay-Z, Dr. Dre CDs
'Nowadays, just loving hip-hop and being a rapper is the same as committing a murder,' rapper says of new single.

Chamillionaire has it all figured out now: Make sure you actually have your album finished before giving it a release date. After a few different dates, the Houston native says to look for his sophomore LP, Ultimate Victory, September 18.

"I just been working on it," he said Wednesday afternoon about the schedule changes. "This is the first time I'm actually finished with my album. All them other times I was still working. I got a lot of material, a lot to pick from, more than I did last time. Last time I [made an album,] really the only the material that wound up on the album [is what I recorded]. This time, I have two albums' worth of material."

Cham says that when going in, he made sure to eliminate all distractions and focus on making music by himself.

"I put myself in my own type of vibe," he explained. "I separated myself from everybody and just concentrated on music. I never had that before. I've always had that with my mixtapes — there's never anybody in the room. But with albums, there's always people in the room giving different opinions. This time, I just went in there and did everything. When I was done, I let people hear everything. That was a better working process for me."

Koopa's first single is called "Hip Hop Police," features Slick Rick and — like last year's smash "Ridin' " — is another round of bumping heads with the authorities.

"I try to do a lot of records like that on the album that are still jamming records but still have social commentary on them," he said. "The 'Hip Hop Police' record is like a 'Murder Was the Case' record. It's really a concept record. ... Most records now are dance records or for the club. It's so much of that, I need to go a different direction. I think that's why I decided to come with 'Hip Hop Police.'

"It's automatically different because Slick Rick and Chamillionaire, that's automatically gonna raise eyebrows," he added. "Slick Rick has always been one of those guys real good at telling stories. That's what we're doing ... telling a story about a murder. The metaphor means, nowadays, just loving hip-hop and being a rapper and loving music is the same as committing a murder. ... With all the controversy surrounding rap, that's what the record is about."

On the song, Cham plays the arresting officers as well as the perp.

"I get arrested, I'm arguing with myself," he said. "I play the part of the police officer also. I'm trying to pin a crime on myself. The police is saying, 'We looked at the car, we seen the Chronic you had, we seen the Clipse you had. The Diary, The Blueprint. But ... if you think about it, 'the Clipse' is the Clipse's CD. The Diary is Scarface's CD. The Blueprint is Jay-Z's CD. The Chronic is Dr. Dre's CD. It's hip-hop stuff. A lot of hidden stuff. Then, at the end of the song, they say, 'We'll give you a lighter sentence if you pin the crime on your homie.' That's when Slick Rick comes in."

Lloyd, Pimp C and Devin the Dude appear on the album, as well as "Ridin' " co-star Krazyie Bone.

"It's kind of the same formula," he said of his new track with Krazyie. "Play-N-Skillz produced it, the guys that produced 'Ridin'.' It's called 'The Bill Collector.' People might ask you for a favor. People that owe you money, it's time to pay up. What reminded me of that is a record Krayzie had with Bone Thugs back in the day called ['Mr.] Bill Collector.' I ain't gonna lie — that kinda inspired me."

The Grammy-garnering "Ridin'," Cham's biggest hit to date, is still riding a wave of popularity. The record made its way onto "The Sopranos" recently — Tony's son, AJ, is found playing it early one morning.

"Once they hit me and told me they wanted to use it in 'The Sopranos,' I thought it was dope," he said. "That's one of them records that, three years from now, people still going to try and use it for something. A lot of people hit me about 'The Sopranos' thing, but nowadays not much can surprise me. I seen so many things, man."

Raphael

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2007, 09:03:30 AM »
ey timbo is that the official cover for ultimate victory?

~Lucien~

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2007, 09:51:51 AM »
slick rick???  :D
finally!

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2007, 09:59:49 AM »
Song sounds dope but i doubt it'll blow up and that a second single will be released quite quickly.....is he commin out the same day as 50 ???

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • EastSide But I Represent The Whole F
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2007, 03:21:33 PM »
Thats a dope cover..

Cant wait to the hear the new single..