Author Topic: How Important is it to be real  (Read 226 times)

chili

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Re: How Important is it to be real
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2001, 09:35:25 AM »
it shouldnt  matter if theyre gangstas or not but it does
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2001, 09:36:33 AM »
I don't know bout y'all but I do like 2 hear some real shit lyrically. I mean what Pac used 2 spit bout his lifestyle, the shit he went through, his troubles etc was real & when I hear it I think sheeet, look what he's been through, thats real shit, from the heart. Same wit some shit from Dre/Snoop blah blah.
They talk on what they grew up wit & u know it's real cos of the places they grew up in. I like 2 have a picture in my mind of what life was/is like 4 them, if you know what I mean.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

Hittman

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2001, 09:46:54 AM »

I don't know bout y'all but I do like 2 hear some real shit lyrically. I mean what Pac used 2 spit bout his lifestyle, the shit he went through, his troubles etc was real & when I hear it I think sheeet, look what he's been through, thats real shit, from the heart. Same wit some shit from Dre/Snoop blah blah.
They talk on what they grew up wit & u know it's real cos of the places they grew up in. I like 2 have a picture in my mind of what life was/is like 4 them, if you know what I mean.

AMEN TO THAT.

Well take the bit about Dr Dre out then AMEN TO THAT,

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2001, 09:50:57 AM »
LOL.....well I guess it would b fair 2 take Dre out as he doesn't exactly pen his own rhymes.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

lee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2001, 10:19:14 AM »
Like someone said already it doesn't really matter if the musics good ........... but then if u think about it the "music" is the beat and not the lyrics .... so they could be  sayin anything really ....... There are some artists like Tupac for exsample , that wheather the beat was wack or not , he was such a good lyricist that it always nearly came across as tight ......
On the other hand i think there are artists like Snoop for exsample that could be better if they were more "real" well thats my opinion , and a lot of people will disagree with me , but i think the new eastside album was crap, worse then the first ..... the beats were'nt that great and the lyrics were very very flannel .......
i mean every song on that album was about "cripping" , ok he's made stuff in the past bout that and i have'nt complained ... because the beats were good and it was new and original ... plus he would'nt go on about cripping on every track ..... i mean i could'nt help thinking while listening to that "why am i listening to this ???" i know it ain't nothing but music ... lol ... byt he's going a bit overboard with the crip stuff i think .... almost like he made the album for gangsters to listen to .. which is dumb of course .... espically when u think that he himself has never been in a gang for at least ten years ............. i know some people are forced into the "gang" lifestyle but it seems Snoop thinks being a gangster is something to be proud of ......... which we all know it isn't.

i think he should change the story a bit ....  

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2001, 01:59:48 PM »
I think the beats were awesome on Tha Eastsidaz new one

Put all of Snoops shit together every album he's had his name on

Doggystyle
Doggfather
Da Game
Top Dogg