Author Topic: Next Up....Xzibit...what do u think he should do?  (Read 167 times)

Sir Hambone

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Hambone 2 The Dome, Hard As Stone,Took the Throne
Next Up....Xzibit...what do u think he should do?
« on: August 27, 2001, 06:02:22 PM »
Like with the snoop thread....

how about x to tha z.....

his Restless CD was good......i thought it would be better.............

but what do u think he should do next..........
or how do u think his next album will be..and the golden state..project...group..he is in............
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
Hambone, all others are fake,like Clones,Hop skip and a jump punk,dirty south crunk,lyrics lethal give u a bump like a Cancer Lump,So try to Tempt,fuckin simp,eat your spinach fuckin wimp,have u all crimp and crimpled,and it was all pretty simple,Came back from haitus, my nephews and us, ya'll can't fade us,some of ya'll crossin over like traitors,Took the bait and Hook,come back around and beat your azz like a crook,if u need 2 learn go get a book,SirHambone, Welcoming me back to the WCC Home

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Re: Next Up....Xzibit...what do u think he should
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2001, 06:15:30 PM »
stick to only 3 producers (the smorigish board of producers was a good idea but it backfired)

get

Dre to come with the classic beats
Alchemist to come with the bicoastal love
E-swift to keep it Alkaholik-like

plus he's already said that he's making his next album man VS machine more lyrical than he's ever been so ...yeah he's taking it a step in the right direction

guest wise

as much as i like snoop i don't think snoop should be on here the only dpg members that should work with xzibit on this (as much as i love the dpg family) is...

Tray Deee
Kurupt (if he can take it back to the good ol' days)
Bad Azz
....and of Corse Nate Dogg

then he should get with Ras Kass, Tash, crooked i (if possible) pharoh monch, and it would be nice to see him with Method Man

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

TheShiznit227

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "We Livin' this shit 'til the day that we die, Survival of the Fit only the strong survive..." Mobb Deep
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2001, 06:24:25 PM »
Xzibit and Method would be mad dope...
"One Nation under a Groove, gettin' down jus' for tha funk of it..."

"Rest In Peace to all lives Stolen on September 11th, 2001..." Trey Lawrence III

"Yo, they call me Nas, I'm not your legal type of fella/Moet drinkin, marijuana smokin street dwellah" Nas on "Represent"

RivieraIII

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2001, 08:34:40 PM »
Xzibit should do more joints with DRE on his next album. He should have 16 songs with the following producers: DRE (6 tracks), DJ Quik (3 tracks), Rockwilder (3 tracks), DJ Premier (3 tracks) and Erick Sermon or Daz (1 track). He should also cut on the guest appearances (why were Kokane or Goldie Loc on Restless anyway???), allowing only Tha Liks (for ONE wild joint), Kurupt, Canibus & Ras Kass (for ONE lyrically treacherous joint), Slim Shady (for another serious, deep joint) plus... DMX (yes!!!!). I always felt like he should do a joint with DMX like Cube did for "We Be Clubbin' remix"; a high energy collabo over a banging ass DRE track. That would be DOPE as fuck... Plus he should drop more introspective, personal songs on his album, kinda like Pac, Em, Scarface or Nas. THAT's what really make an artist stand out the test of time (he showed the potential on "Sorry I'm Away So Much").
PS: RESTLESS remains one of my favorite albums though. I really loved the whole thing minus a couple of tracks... And I ain't dissin' Goldie Loc or Kokane; I actually like both of'em so y'all don't even trip...

Sikotic™

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2001, 08:38:02 PM »
Well I think he should do the complete opposite from what I said about Snoop.

He should get as much exposure as possible. He wants his name to be a household name so people will go and buy his album just cause he is all over T.V.

He should stick to his old producers instead of Dre. Dre could do 1 or 2 tracks but thats it. X sounds so much better on his other albums than Restless, the production suits him perfectly. As much as I love Dre, maybe his beats aren't  compatible to X. He should definitely throw some Quik beats in the mix. I think even Alchemist would work for X too.

Since Dre will most likely be Exec. producing the album, he should stick to hard rugged beats. Thats the shit that makes X shine.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

RivieraIII

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2001, 08:53:35 PM »
So u really feel that X wasn't NICE over "What's The Diff", "B Please", "X", "U Know" and "Best Of Things"?????? As far as I'm concerned, all those songs except "U Know" are CLASSIC. And "U Know" was DOPE... But that's only me...

Sikotic™

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2001, 09:33:52 PM »
Yeah those songs are all tight but thats it amd only 3 of them were on Restless. I'm not saying he shouldn't work with Dre but not most of the songs. Just two or three.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

bez

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2001, 04:15:13 AM »
I love X to the Z's shit I mean its fuckin tight.  I aint got his album but its one of many I want like.  I mean I will prob get it soon.  I think he should get some more dope ass beats and keep doin what he is doin. I mean he cant go wrong.

Murrow

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2001, 05:18:44 AM »
Dre gave him a tape of 36 beats, so when Dre has time, they'll go over it in th studio.  Still, this album is sounding like 'Restless 2.'

:-/

RivieraIII

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2001, 07:51:18 AM »
They ain't crazy... They'll improve their shit or at least try. DRE always tries to get better one way or another. Restless 2 would be fine for me though...

Hittman

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2001, 09:09:04 AM »
For the people that was saying about Xzibit and Method Man together would be dope why dont you just listen to Pussy Pop, then you get Jayo aswell. Anyway Method Man is so over rated.

Back to the point, Xzibit needs the orginal producers, like back in the day of At The Speed Of Light, but Dre should lace a few tracks aswell (not a change of heart about Dre). He only needs a few featuring artist like what some one else said, but maybe add MC Ren to the list and I think it would be a dope album.

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2001, 09:13:10 AM »

Back to the point, Xzibit needs the orginal producers, like back in the day of At The Speed Of Light, but Dre should lace a few tracks aswell (not a change of heart about Dre)

JUST LETTIN U KNOW

ITS 'AT THE SPEED OF LIFE'

IM NOT DOIN A NIK CORRECTIN U, JUST MAKIN THA POINT!

peace

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

Hittman

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2001, 09:14:31 AM »

JUST LETTIN U KNOW

ITS 'AT THE SPEED OF LIFE'

IM NOT DOIN A NIK CORRECTIN U, JUST MAKIN THA POINT!

peace

Damn, Im so dumb.

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2001, 09:55:20 AM »
i think method man is one of the dopest to ever grab a mic, he is far from overrated...i feel redman brings the best out of method and i loved the blackout cd...they are releasing a new cd but i don't know when though...the small appearance on pussy pop by method made the song...i wasn't feelin jayo at all though...i'm not to big a fan of jayo, his style just ain't what i'm cravin...as for xzibit, a restless 2 would be fine with me cause i thought that cd was tight but then again i think all of his cd's are tight especially at the speed of life which included 2 classic songs and no platinum, it's a shame, peace.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :