Author Topic: Super Paper Mario (Wii)  (Read 219 times)

On The Edge of Insanity

Super Paper Mario (Wii)
« on: April 30, 2007, 03:14:55 PM »
Finally got round to playing some of this today and I just have a big smile on my face. The whole game is charming, had me laughing a few times through the dialogue and the art style is very cool.

I'm impressed by the way the flipping between 2d and 3d has been handled, I was expecting it to be unwieldly but it works very well and the whole control scheme just seems very well oiled.

I've only got to 1-4 so far, but hopefully the game will continue to be as good as this throughout, throughly impressed so far.

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Super Paper Mario (Wii)
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2007, 03:42:40 PM »
yea im definitely picking this game up soon,wanna finish a few other games first cause i know ill be hooked on this one for a while, changing between 2d and 3d with the simple press of a button? fuckin solid!!

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2007, 06:32:57 PM »
What's the deal w/ this game?  Like I don't get the concept.  Is it like the old school mario games on nes or what? 

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2007, 09:42:30 AM »
Its a mix of platforming sections, where you can flip between 2d and 3d and then more RPG type elements, so talking to people to figure out objectives and stuff like powering up your attacks and your health points. The 2d/3d thing is cool because in some sections, playing in 2D makes it look like you are unable to cross a chasm when flipping to 3D then reveals a bridge you can go across instead. The whole thing is done very well and works despite the reservations I had beforehand about this control scheme.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2007, 06:06:21 PM »
Its a mix of platforming sections, where you can flip between 2d and 3d and then more RPG type elements, so talking to people to figure out objectives and stuff like powering up your attacks and your health points. The 2d/3d thing is cool because in some sections, playing in 2D makes it look like you are unable to cross a chasm when flipping to 3D then reveals a bridge you can go across instead. The whole thing is done very well and works despite the reservations I had beforehand about this control scheme.

Sounds interesting.  I might have to check this out.

HD

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WCCWF Champion
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2007, 10:58:29 AM »
i started to cry when i saw this thread cuz we still dont have a release date for it in europe... :'(

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2007, 12:22:39 PM »
You should have got a US Wii. You should know by now that Nintendo Europe always shafts us on release dates!

F-cisco

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2007, 10:10:57 AM »
 My little nephew bought the game two days ago and he's aleady in world six, Crazy. I love the overall game presentation, highly adictive. If anybody gets stuck; GameSpot has a free visual walkthrough up on their site!

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2007, 10:53:18 AM »
I saw a review of that game and i was blown away.The animation is nicely done and he way you can flip 2d to 3d is very original.I didnt play it but im looking forward to play it.

We Fly High

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2007, 09:32:15 AM »
just bought the game last week, going to wait till i move to my new apartment to start playing (june 1st). shit looks ridiculously dope though.

Matty

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2007, 03:15:13 AM »
Europe might get shafted on release dates normally but Mario Strikers was a welcome change! Nintendo must be hearing our cries...