Author Topic: This series proves why Duncan is better than Shaq  (Read 3899 times)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: This series proves why Duncan is better than Shaq
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2007, 03:26:57 PM »
Ok, he didn't want Kobe to be the man. But he wanted Wade to be the man. It was something personal, obviously.

You have to understand they think this is only Shaq's fault LOL. Nobody else's. Hell, according to Baby G Shaq basically only deferred to Wade to hurt Kobe, make him jealous and shit. Lol... he really must hate Kobe a lot. And only Shaq is to blame for that. Also, when Kobe told the media that Shaq is paying bitches he fucked/raped to keep it quiet, that was also just Shaq's fault cause he was just too mean to Kobe. Kobe is the nicest guy ever and Shaq is just an obnoxious excuse for a human being.  ::)

LMAO@Claiming Kobe told the media that Shaq "paid bitches he fucked/raped"...You really have your facts straight, don't you, 7even? :laugh:

Answer my question.
s
I'm not extremely excited about answering your "question" when all I see there is your approach to discredit my foundation of information and therefore also my whole contribution in this and other topics, which is something I think is not a very nice thing to do.

Don't tell me you never heard about Kobe saying something like this. I know you have. Of course you're going to be like "BS, made up by Kobe-Haters" or something like that. Good thing you have read books endorsed by Kobe Bryant on this.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2007, 03:31:21 PM »
Oh, talking about books....

:-X at Phil's book.

Just add this simple thing to my previous post.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2007, 03:32:17 PM »
About the coaching stuff and Phil Jackson. I think there are coaches who are good in certain things and not so good when it comes to other things. Now that is quite axiomatic I would say. PJ might be one of the best ever to handle an ELITE team. On the other hand, that doesn't necessarily mean that he's one of the best when it comes to dealing with a struggling team that is expected to do much better. Take Don Nelson for example. He's without a doubt great at making a decent team out of a lottery team. But is he great when it comes to making the last step, which is creating an ELITE team that is capable to FINISH in the playoffs? Fuck no. Also, Pat Riley has some serious rings nigga. But what happened when the Heat got injured and sucked balls this season? He took a break. A FUCKIN BREAK, LOL! See where I'm getting at?
No, it's not a sin

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2007, 03:35:15 PM »
Oh, talking about books....

:-X at Phil's book.

Just add this simple thing to my previous post.

Yay, when you have one of the greatest centers ever and one of the greatest guards ever you are supposed to not fuck this up. Fine, they don't get along. It's part of those things a coach is supposed to take care of. Not writing a book and adding fuel to the fire. Ya dig?
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2007, 03:36:53 PM »
Ok, he didn't want Kobe to be the man. But he wanted Wade to be the man. It was something personal, obviously.

You have to understand they think this is only Shaq's fault LOL. Nobody else's. Hell, according to Baby G Shaq basically only deferred to Wade to hurt Kobe, make him jealous and shit. Lol... he really must hate Kobe a lot. And only Shaq is to blame for that. Also, when Kobe told the media that Shaq is paying bitches he fucked/raped to keep it quiet, that was also just Shaq's fault cause he was just too mean to Kobe. Kobe is the nicest guy ever and Shaq is just an obnoxious excuse for a human being.  ::)

Man it's obvious both the guys made a mistake. And Phil Jackson is imho the one to blame. Cause he was the coach, and he wasn't good enought to explain them they was wasting a great chance at making the best dynasty ever. I blame Phil. More than Shaq and Kobe themselves. Phil is the guy who has coached them 24/7 for years, he's the one who had to work on team chemestry, he's the one who let the two destroy his own team because of their egos. Then we can argue who started it. We can argue about Shaq's bad work attitude (i mean we CAN'T discuss about this thing: it's a fact). We can say whatever we want, but both the guys did a mistake, and Phil is the one who didn't force them to take personal issues away from business.

That said, Shaq was been very unprofessional in his last years in purple&gold. You know. And when the Lakers chosed Kobe over him, he felt like they disrespected him (big ego, you know) and took it personal, starting to act professional all of a sudden and giving Wade props. But everything was already damaged, at that point. Imho they should have handled things better, in the looker room. And the coach is the one to blame. Nothing to say about Phil as a coach, he has won 9 fucking rings, it speaks for himself. But he didn't do "the miracle" with Kobe & Shaq.

Phil is the last person to blame, dude...You wonder why I tell ya'll to read books, it's obvious you're not informed on what went down.  It's easy to see that you don't understand how Shaq was as a person. He did the same thing with the Magic...HIS MIND WAS SET ABOUT HOW THINGS SHOULD BE. Shaq's immature, selfish attitude ruined what could've been a 6+ peat...It's a shame you don't see it.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2007, 03:40:51 PM »
- he was (and still is) coached by a great underrated coach (talking about best coach in the League?): Greg Popovic. A coach who doesn't give a flying fuck about who you are. A coach who only cares about the Team. A coach who teachs players how to play TEAM offence and TEAM defence. A coach that if you make a mistake, you have to apologize to him first. A coach that if you don't play/train with the right attitude he kicks you in your ass. Fuck that "Zen" shit, Greg uses his kicks in the ass. He's "that" type of coach.

Gregg Popovich is a great coach, but to act like he's anywhere near the greatest coach of all time is absurd, man. What's wrong with you? "fuck that zen shit"?? Put Popovich in Phil's shoes, and I guarantee you that the Lakers would not have made the playoffs in at least 1 of the last 2 years...You're heavily disrespecting Phil Jackson, bro...PeACe

Phil is a great coach when he has great players. And no, don't take me wrong: it's not easy at all!! It's hella difficult to win with guys like Jordan, Kobe, Shaq, Pippen, Rodman, etc.. in your team (so difficult that nobody did it before and after him, except with Riley - another great coach - with Shaq). But i don't think he's doing a great work in the post-Shaq era. I mean the team depends too much from Kobe. They don't play good TEAM defence and they don't play good TEAM offence. They rely too much on Kobe, and we can't repeat the same excuse of the injuries again and again. What i've seen in the 4th quarter of Game1 of this years PO against the Suns is not THE BEST COACH EVER should make it happens in his team.

The fact of the matter is, Popovich has never been in a situation like Phil's...I doubt if Popovich makes the playoffs both of the previous seasons in Phil's shoes. Great coach, no doubt, but Phil is on a whole nother level, bro...PeACe

9 rings, no doubt.

But damn, those Lakers need some kicks in their asses. Like Odom, like Kwame... those guys can play great basketball, if only they have their mind focused on the game every fucking minute of the game. That's why i think a coach like Popovich could help them. And Kobe. When he makes too many ugly shots he deserves some kicks in his ass too. And his teammates if they refuse to take good shots. Fuck, everybody! LOL.

Wow...You really look at things in a funny way. Odom did the fucking most he could, man, dude played like a warrior when he was supposed to be in a hospital bed getting surgery... Kwame? Kwame couldn't get off the ground by the time playoffs rolled around...Kobe was FORCED to carry a load of a whole team under the circumstances. You make it seem all super easy. Quite sad, really.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2007, 03:44:46 PM »

LMAO@Claiming Kobe told the media that Shaq "paid bitches he fucked/raped"...You really have your facts straight, don't you, 7even? :laugh:

Answer my question.
s
I'm not extremely excited about answering your "question" when all I see there is your approach to discredit my foundation of information and therefore also my whole contribution in this and other topics, which is something I think is not a very nice thing to do.

Don't tell me you never heard about Kobe saying something like this. I know you have. Of course you're going to be like "BS, made up by Kobe-Haters" or something like that. Good thing you have read books endorsed by Kobe Bryant on this.

Based on the knowledge I've gathered on the subject as a Laker fan over the years (a lot more than you), I've concluded that Kobe woulda' played alongside Shaq his whole career if Shaq wasn't such a piece of shit attention whore. Kobe is in it mainly to win, and he wants to do it as a Laker. He's not in it to build a personal resume, like Shaq...It'd be very clear to you if you knew what's up...PeACe
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 03:46:25 PM by Now_I_Know »

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2007, 03:47:10 PM »

Answer my question.
s

Based on the knowledge I've gathered as a Laker fan over the years on the subject (much more than you), I've concluded that Kobe woulda' played alongside Shaq his whole career if Shaq wasn't such a piece of shit attention whore. Kobe is in it mainly to win, and he wants to do it as a Laker. He's not in it to build a personal resume, like Shaq...It'd be very clear to you if you knew what's up...PeACe

I think the knowledge we both gathered on the topic is not what makes our views differ that much. I think me being in a more neutral position whereas you try to always try to be Pro-Lakers and Pro-Kobe... you like them, and therefore you draw different conclusions than I do.
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2007, 03:49:16 PM »

Answer my question.
s

Based on the knowledge I've gathered as a Laker fan over the years on the subject (much more than you), I've concluded that Kobe woulda' played alongside Shaq his whole career if Shaq wasn't such a piece of shit attention whore. Kobe is in it mainly to win, and he wants to do it as a Laker. He's not in it to build a personal resume, like Shaq...It'd be very clear to you if you knew what's up...PeACe

I think the knowledge we both gathered on the topic is not what makes our views differ that much. I think me being in a more neutral position whereas you try to always try to be Pro-Lakers and Pro-Kobe... you like them, and therefore you draw different conclusions than I do.

Not true...You simply haven't read enough material to make conclusions. I'm only saying this because a lot of stuff you've claimed regarding the topic so far has been invalid and baseless...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2007, 03:49:57 PM »
Do you guys really think there woulda been a problem if Shaq had the maturity of a Kareem?

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2007, 03:51:18 PM »
Didn't Wade win the last NBA Finals MVP?

So Shaq is 3x MVP Finals and 1x he didn't win it by giving the young Wade the spotlight.

Where's the difference with Duncan?

The difference is Shaq is obviously doing this just to make himself look like the good guy. When he left the Lakers he said he would take a backseat to D.Wade, he started practicing his free-throws, he lost 30 pounds...all the things he REFUSED to do in Los Angeles. That childish attitude is going to catch up with him eventually.

Again: it was something personal. And when he found a team who didn't believe he was that dominant no more, he took it personal and he thought he had something to prove. He won a ring tho.

You don't find that disgustingly immature?
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2007, 03:54:01 PM »
Not true...You simply haven't read enough material to make conclusions. I'm only saying this because a lot of stuff you've claimed regarding the topic so far has been invalid and baseless...PeACe

Oh really? What was so damn invalid and baseless? You wanna tell me Kobe never said something along the lines of Shaq paying women to keep shit quiet? Why exactly is that invalid and baseless? Has Kobe denied it on his myspace I forgot to check out?

Do you guys really think there woulda been a problem if Shaq had the maturity of a Kareem?

Do you really think there woulda been a problem if Kobe had?
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2007, 03:57:36 PM »

Do you really think there woulda been a problem if Kobe had?

Yes! Cuz Shaq's main problem was with the FO and HIS jealousy issues...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2007, 03:59:47 PM »

Oh really? What was so damn invalid and baseless? You wanna tell me Kobe never said something along the lines of Shaq paying women to keep shit quiet? Why exactly is that invalid and baseless? Has Kobe denied it on his myspace I forgot to check out?

Kobe never said anything to the media, he had a one-on-one discussion with a cop, and he used Shaq as an example, asking if he could do the same thing Shaq does. The cops then leaked the info to the media...Don't twist shit up, Shaq was the one always bitching about Kobe to the media...PeACe

teecee

« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2007, 08:00:47 PM »

Kobe never said anything to the media, he had a one-on-one discussion with a cop, and he used Shaq as an example, asking if he could do the same thing Shaq does. The cops then leaked the info to the media...Don't twist shit up, Shaq was the one always bitching about Kobe to the media...PeACe

What did Phil Jackson's book say about the beef between Kobe and Shaq?