Author Topic: Some Real Talk from Bun B's dubcnn interview coming soon...  (Read 214 times)

Nima - Dubcnn.com

The full interview will be dropping early next week, Bun also speaks about the West Coast a lot and gives shouts out to artists, but there's a little clip of the interview I wanted to share with ya'll cause I thought it was some real talk, concerning the rap game:

dubcnn.com: Would you say that Hip-Hop is less oiginal today than it was when you first entered the game?

Bun B: I think the problem is that you don't have to work as hard. The early days, if you wanted to get good rap music, you couldn't download songs, you had to litteraly get out of the house, go to different records stores, maybe go to another town or something, to find these records. We had more of a search, so we kind of appreciated the music more. Nowadays, the technology is so advanced that you don't have to make any effort to find a song, so you kind of don't respect a song.

That kind of goes both ways for the listener as well as the artist. Yeah there's people out there that really love music, don't get me wrong, but there are some people that feel like music is just out there and when they want it they just type it in and get it! The process of getting music has gotten a lot easier, the process is getting music is getting a lot easier too, so the people making it don't respect it as much. It's like, the more advanced technology gets, the less advanced humans get, you know?

dubcnn.com: That's some real talk man... That's why record sales are so low!

Bun B: Yeah, cause technology does everything for you! If you get a Mac computer, it comes with Garage Band, so the initial idea that they put in your head is that if you want, you can make a record too! Anybody can make a record! So if everybody feels that they can make a record, what's the point of them feeling like they have to buy your record? You know? I'm not knocking people doing their thing or whatever, I don't knock nobody's hustle, all it means is that we as artists gotta try harder to put more into the music, to let people know that yeah, anybody can make A rap song, but not everybody can make good rap songs. Anybody can make A rap album, but not anybody can make a GOOD rap album.

It's up to us as artists to set the standard higher, set the stakes higher, so it's not so simple for somebody to just put an album out and be considered great! People give a lot of slack to artists that they consider "one hit wonders". But we've always had one hit wonders in the worlds, in all forms of music! So I'm not concerned about that, I don't feel like that's killing music at all. We've always had dance music in Hip-Hop, we've always had light hearted moments, but it's up to the artists making music, instead of taking the easy route and making one of the records that may make it to the top easily, to make real music and give people something to think about when you rap. Not something that they can play and forget about as soon as it goes off.

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
Re: Some Real Talk from Bun B's dubcnn interview coming soon...
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2007, 07:48:11 AM »
That's indeed an insightful part. Seems like Bun-B belongs to the small group of rappers who actually know how to answer interview-questions. A lot of rappers try to do interviews by giving these half-assed replies that consist of 2 sentences with a bunch of "you know what I'm sayings", "that's what's ups" and "I'm keeping it real" shit.
Looking forward to seeing the full interview...

~Lucien~

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2007, 08:31:14 AM »
I think you're right crafty...
looking forward reading the entire interview

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2007, 08:33:32 AM »
That's indeed an insightful part. Seems like Bun-B belongs to the small group of rappers who actually know how to answer interview-questions. A lot of rappers try to do interviews by giving these half-assed replies that consist of 2 sentences with a bunch of "you know what I'm sayings", "that's what's ups" and "I'm keeping it real" shit.

yeah its always nice to hear someone insightful who is saying what he believes and not what he thinks people want to hear.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Lunatic

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2007, 08:41:58 AM »
wow. lookin forward to whole thing
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

StevenQBosell

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2007, 09:33:05 AM »
Awesome snippet Nima, looking forward to the whole interview

d-nice

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2007, 09:33:59 AM »
Props Nima

Raphael

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2007, 09:49:43 AM »

XaNdEr

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2007, 09:56:40 AM »

ALways liked dude (no homo). His flow is on a whole other level, plus what i read just yet is exactly the words you say:

He knows what he want to say and he says what he knows.

~Lucien~

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2007, 10:14:37 AM »

ALways liked dude (no homo). His flow is on a whole other level, plus what i read just yet is exactly the words you say:

He knows what he want to say and he says what he knows.

always liked dude (no homo)???

what's so homo about liking someone?
I think people that use the (no homo) line are straight idiots.

no1wammy

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2007, 04:12:38 PM »
I never expected Bun B to have such an insight in the hip hop world. I think we should stop talking about how "Hip Hop Is Dead" and how "Hip Hop Is Wounded" and needs help.

This should be good to all you DubCNN fans. Can't wait, Nima.

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2007, 02:19:13 AM »
Lookin forward to all of it fo real!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 02:34:28 AM by johnny1000 »

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2007, 02:22:20 AM »
i agree 100% with bun ...and thats one of the reasons why im not the biggest fan of mixtapes