Author Topic: EMINEM on JAY-Z's THA BLUEPRINT! What y'all think?  (Read 363 times)

West Coast Veteran

Re: EMINEM on JAY-Z's THA BLUEPRINT! What y'all th
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2001, 04:13:39 PM »
*sigh* now i have to write a long as post again damn...and i'm cool with you too but how do i not look smart...i have stated many validated opinions that i have gathered from many hip hop sites on this Jigga/Em topic...

1. Versatility - Jigga Does Not Only Rap About "Materialistic" Topics...If That Is The Case Eminem Only Raps About "Bitching About The Media" And "Sick Demented" Shit...Jigga Has Personal Songs As Well...Jigga Can Switch Flows From His Modern Flow To His Past "Speed Rap" Style From The Hawaiian Sophie Days...

2. Influence - Yes I Agree With You. The "Flossing" Trend Is The Only Influence That Jigga Has Had. But Look How HUGE It Is. Almost Everyone Has Used It. Not Only Hip Hop But Other Genres Like R&B As Well. My Argument Wasn't About Whether The Impact Was Positive Or Negative But On How Big The Impact Was. And Jigga Is Definitely More Influential. I Agree That Eminem Made It Cool For White MC's To Come Out Again But Thats Only A Handful Of Artists. Limp Bizkit Made The Whole Rap/Rock Thing Popular With Their Album Three Dollar Bills Yall. That Album Came Out In 1998 And Eminem Came Out In 1999.

3. Flow - Jigga Copied Slick Rick? I Don't See Any Resemblance. You Mean Snoop Dogg Copied Slick Rick's Laid Back Flow. You Must Mistaken Slick Rick With Big Daddy Kane. Jigga Was Influenced By Kane But They Have Totally Different Flows.

4. Albums - Reasonable Doubt Is Considered A CLASSIC By The Majority Of HIP HOP. The Infinite EP Is CLASSIC To A Handful Of People Mostly Backpackers And Underground Heads. Like I Said The SSLP And MMLP Are Considered CLASSICS By Eminem's Fans. I Thought The SSLP Was A Near CLASSIC Though.

5. Sales - If The Majority Of Ppl Buying Jigga's Albums Are From The EAST Then Eminem Sold So Much Cause Mostly Teenyboppers Bought His Shit. I Have No Proof On Either Of These Statements But I'm Just Making Assumptions Like You.

*Ah* I Don't Wanna Argue And Write Anymore. You Haven't Changed My Opinion And I'm Sure I Haven't Changed Yours On The Topic. But The Reason Why I'm Defending Jigga Is Cause I Read An Excellent LONG Thread On Jigga's Influence On Y2HipHop.Com That Was Actually Directed To The Homie Hellrazor. Well The Thread Completely Opened Up My Eyes To The Influence Of Jigga Man Cause The Guy Who Wrote It Went Into Every Detail...The Other Guy Obviously Wrote It Better Than Me...I'm Just Trying To Remember What He Said...Thats Why My Agruments Sound So Chopped Up...Oh Well  :P

Peace G...By The Way! I AM SMART!  ;D

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2001, 09:20:43 AM »
Eminem is better and more influential, and that's the bottem line...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

DPGC2001

« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2001, 02:52:59 PM »
Em and Jigga are almost on the same level...The only thing Jigga has on Em is that he's been out longer so he has more records under his belt...Reasonable doubt was classic, VOL 1 was very dope but since then Jigga has been very inconsistent with his releases...As for Em his 2 releases on Aftermath aren't as good as The Slim Shady EP IMO...Slim Shady LP was dope but he went down a little with his bullshit subject matter on Marshall Mathers...Regardless both are two of the dopest lyricists in the game when they want to be...

RivieraIII

« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2001, 11:09:22 PM »
Thanks for feelin' my thread y'all... At the end of the day I love both of'em...