Author Topic: BAY AREA RAP SUCK SO DOES THE WHOLE WEST-COAST (HONEST TRUTH)  (Read 2075 times)

kevlar

• 'G'
Re: BAY AREA RAP SUCK SO DOES THE WHOLE WEST-COAST (HONEST TRUTH)
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2007, 01:54:17 PM »
MAC DRE WAS THE WACKEST RAPPER IN THE HISTORY OF BAYAREA RAP. (rIP) IM NOT DISERESPECTIN HIM AS A PERSON BUT HIS MUSIC SUCKED..

- how are you determining what a good rapper is anyway?  first you discredit someone b/c they don't move enough units, and when it comes to someone that does push units the only thing you can say about this person is that he sucks.  nothing to back it up. 

U MUST BE A DUMB SUBURBAN KID FROM SANTA ROSA OR SOMETHING. U DONT KNOW NOTHING BOUT WHATS HOT IN THE STREETS.

- my iq is in the upper 130's (do you know what that means?  didn't think so lol).  what's your iq?  who's the dumb ass now?  hahaha

you're full of empty assumptions, which is fine with me b/c in the end all it does is show how ignorant and dumb you are.  so keep spittin that bs. 

btw, you ain't foolin nobody with that internet tough guy shit

(edit) in case you were wondering about my background i was born and raised in hawaii but when i moved to the bay back in 93 i lived on lower fillmore (oak and webster to be exact) back when the projects were still up.  my building was sandwiched between two pink buildings.  sht was crazy back then.  no, i've never even been to santa rosa. 

like i said the more you write the more you show everybody your true colors.  so keep typing! 
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 02:00:33 PM by kevlar »
"jack of all trades
gotta get my chips
manipulate yo broad
put her up on craigs list"

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2007, 02:00:03 PM »
I hope Yuk don't get on the Hyphy wave

kemizt

kevlar

• 'G'
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2007, 02:03:39 PM »

LOL BIG RICH IS WACK AND HIS ALBUM FLOPPED WITH A VIDEO AND PROMOTION FROM KOCH. HE IS BELOW AVERGAE WHEN U COMPARE HIM TO GOOD ARTISTS.

- like jim jones lol?  you're whole persona is nothing but a joke.  when was the last time you read a book?  a book with no pictures?
"jack of all trades
gotta get my chips
manipulate yo broad

Desert Lord

« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2007, 02:18:18 PM »
i think the problem with the west nowadays is that somany rappers wanna sound like crunk or eastcoast or whatever...
i like when people got their own style and personally i think g-funk is the best thing that ever happened in rap music...
the westcoast need to do more g-funk in a modern way..battlecat is the best excample he put g-funk to a new level without trying to sound like south, east or whatever..i don't like crunk or hyphy or that other new shit that sounds more like techno than real hiphop...
more rythm more melody is what the west nowadays need...i hope quik quit trying to sound that plastic way (trauma was good but that one fixxers song sound like shit)
keep doing your own

marijuano

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2007, 02:19:00 PM »
this thread must be targeted from a "commercial" point of view...something I don't fuck wit, so I aint even trippin what this dude thinks about the bay/west coast...

uncut510

• 'G'
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2007, 01:27:45 AM »
no commercial dum fuck. im speakin in general  ::)
BAN JOHNNY 1000 Pussy!

Ridah662

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2007, 06:38:38 AM »
HYPHY SHIT IS "ASS" MUSIC. ITS TOO GAY TO BE EVEN BUMPIN INT HE RIDE.

IM A GROWN ASS MAN. IM SORRY I DONT FEEL MY SELF GOIN "STUPID, DUMB, RETARDED"

WHERE IS HTE CREATIVENESS IN HYPHY. THAT AINT GROWN FOLKS MUSIC.

HYPHY  WILL NEVER BLOW. IT WAS A REGIONAL PHAZE AND IT ALREADY HAD ITS TIME.

EVEN THE STREET NIGGAZ NEVER LIKED HYPHY. THAT WAS SOMETHING RADIO FORCEFEED THE CONSUMER.

ASK MOST PEOPLE IN THE BAY AND UD BE SURPRISED THEY BUY ALL MUSIC FROM OTHER REGIONS OTHER THAN THE BAY
UR GETTO PASS HAS BEEN REVOKED MOVE TO THE EAST NIGGA.....

westkoastanostra

« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2007, 09:32:28 AM »
ppl on here need to expand their minds more when listening to westcoast music....theres so much out there than gangsta rap or hyphy...those 2 are the most popular categories of the west...but like i said theres so much more ...it just aint as commercialized...theres plenty of conscois rappers up in the bay and lyrical mcs...same is said for so cal....u just gotta explore more..

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2007, 09:56:17 AM »
San Quinn is cool, and so is Ya Boy (ain't he from the bay?) but for me, it stops there (for now, perhaps i'll look deeper in in the future).

If you have to ask where Ya Boy is from, then you obviously have no clue about the bay area scene. Maybe you can make a valid comment in the future instead of hating, "maybe when you look deeper, perhaps".

@uncut510, where in the 510 is you actually from? and don't give me a city's name, what neighbourhood you run wit? you're over here talkin bout street this and street that like you know what's happenin in the streets.. I'd like to know what streets you're talkin about so I can holla @ ma folks there and laugh at em, because you have no clue what the fuc you talkin about.. state those are your "opinions" before you make bogues statements.

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

Lunatic

« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2007, 10:02:42 AM »
San Quinn is cool, and so is Ya Boy (ain't he from the bay?) but for me, it stops there (for now, perhaps i'll look deeper in in the future).

If you have to ask where Ya Boy is from, then you obviously have no clue about the bay area scene. Maybe you can make a valid comment in the future instead of hating, "maybe when you look deeper, perhaps".

i understand the bay is where ur from, so you feel like you gotta defend ur territory agianst me, and i don't see no problem in that...I wasn't hating on the bay, i just said i don't like the hyphy thing, and i was pretty sure ya boy was from the bay, just wasn't 100%. I even said San Quinn was cool, and i listen to a bit of e-40 as well. At least I said i'll give it a chance, because I will look deeper into it (can't wait to do too short's catalog)
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Sanford - V. President of the Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The movement is Suckaa Free.
« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2007, 10:26:26 AM »
^after listening to $hort give me a shout...ill introduce you to the Dangerous Crew!   8)

the old bay >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> hy>>>>>>>>phy.

Pick up 2 gats like Riley with a full 16 clip, on some sick shit like Lynch, while rippin a bitch's clit with beyonce's mouth on the tip of my dick.

Dangerous Crew Beeyatch!

Lunatic

« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2007, 10:29:34 AM »
^after listening to $hort give me a shout...ill introduce you to the Dangerous Crew!   8)

the old bay >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> hy>>>>>>>>phy.

will do dog...won't be for a while though most likely
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

MediumL

« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2007, 10:37:46 AM »
Don't like the whole hyphy thing at all. Its like crunk to me and i'd prefer more lyrical cats to blow. The whole hyphy thing to me, just degrades BLACK PEOPLE, like crunk does and other crappy rap.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

kevlar

• 'G'
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2007, 12:09:43 PM »

@uncut510, where in the 510 is you actually from? and don't give me a city's name, what neighbourhood you run wit? you're over here talkin bout street this and street that like you know what's happenin in the streets.. I'd like to know what streets you're talkin about so I can holla @ ma folks there and laugh at em, because you have no clue what the fuc you talkin about.. state those are your "opinions" before you make bogues statements.

yeah, i'd like to know, too.  when in oakland i used to hang out over on the hunid/99 block @ international.  what part of 510 you reppin uncut? 
« Last Edit: June 21, 2007, 03:01:12 PM by kevlar »
"jack of all trades
gotta get my chips
manipulate yo broad

Edoc

« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2007, 02:20:05 PM »
Nah dude is right. I dont wanna blow anyones bubbles (no homo) but for real, all the west raps about is gangbanging, bitches and weed. That's not what the world wants anymore, been there done that.

Who wanna hear a Snoop or DPG or any of these self proclaimed "new west"  guys in 2k7 when they can listen to some Nas, Lupe Fiasco, Joell Ortiz or UGK??

Only one from the west who i think still can spit is Cube, but his last 3 albums sounded like he isn't hungry on the mic anymore, if he want he can rip songs up, but that's the problem hes too busy with other things (what i respect though, don't wanna knock anyone's hustle).

Maybe Ras Kass or Ya Boy could bring any heat to the table concerning lyrics, but let's be honest, the west hasn't seen success for years now, it's time to look at the causes.

+1 to the threadstarter.

100% agreed.