Author Topic: Thierry Henry signing for Barca?  (Read 748 times)

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Thierry Henry signing for Barca?
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2007, 12:56:07 PM »
£16 million for Thierry Henry

£18 million for Darren Bent

Arsenal could have held out for some more, shows how much David Dein not being at the club was a huge factor in Henry leaving and also for the amount received no doubt

18 is too much for Bent, and 16 is too cheap for Henry.. But keep in mind their ages

Why do u edit my post ?'
Anyway, we all know what Henry is capable of and Bent? How many goals has he scored?

kemizt

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2007, 06:54:46 PM »
£16 Mill is a fair price 2 me, Turning 30 and he was injured A LOT this season. Dont think Arsenal need 2 worry that much bout losing him, but they will definetely need 2 replace him with a new signing as i dont think Adeybayor can do it just yet. Last season Arsenal played arguably the nicest football 2 watch but had fuck all end product, they need a Torres/David Villa/Tevez another striker who will fit in with the way they play football.

they just need someone who will put the ball in the net, it dont matter if he joins in with the build up play. All that matters is if the ball gets to him in the area he scores.

Sorry m8 i disagree with you there, could you really see a Van Nistelrooy fitting in with the arsenal style of football? I cant. IMO Tevez would be a good singing, although with Wenger's signing policy, im thinking Ryan Babel is more likely.

The Maestro

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2007, 09:42:28 AM »
£16 Mill is a fair price 2 me, Turning 30 and he was injured A LOT this season. Dont think Arsenal need 2 worry that much bout losing him, but they will definetely need 2 replace him with a new signing as i dont think Adeybayor can do it just yet. Last season Arsenal played arguably the nicest football 2 watch but had fuck all end product, they need a Torres/David Villa/Tevez another striker who will fit in with the way they play football.

they just need someone who will put the ball in the net, it dont matter if he joins in with the build up play. All that matters is if the ball gets to him in the area he scores.

Sorry m8 i disagree with you there, could you really see a Van Nistelrooy fitting in with the arsenal style of football? I cant. IMO Tevez would be a good singing, although with Wenger's signing policy, im thinking Ryan Babel is more likely.

mate a player like rvn would be perfect for them, arsenal make so many chances and they dont take them. You give rvn two chances and he will score one, arsenal have matches where they have 20 attempts on goal and lose 1-0. Tevez is a great player but they need an out and out goalscorer, someone who just scores goals. They have enough players who can link the play and do a forty pass move but they dont have anyone who can put the ball in the net reguarly.

Dont know much about babel but he has said he will be at ajax next year , but is hoping for a move to arsenal in the future.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2007, 12:13:02 PM »
I'd welcome Babel, he's an Arsenal Supporter
RVN can stay in fucked up madrid ;)

kemizt

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2007, 07:36:40 PM »

mate a player like rvn would be perfect for them, arsenal make so many chances and they dont take them. You give rvn two chances and he will score one, arsenal have matches where they have 20 attempts on goal and lose 1-0. Tevez is a great player but they need an out and out goalscorer, someone who just scores goals. They have enough players who can link the play and do a forty pass move but they dont have anyone who can put the ball in the net reguarly.

Dont know much about babel but he has said he will be at ajax next year , but is hoping for a move to arsenal in the future.

Yeh, in logic thats whatt they need. I just dont think a RVN player would work, i dont know why really because its common sense. 20 chances with no goals means you need an out and out goalscorer. Meh fuck it, maybe i agree with you, although Henry fits the bill perfectly and Arsenal have still had 20 shots and no goals while hes been playing. CSKA moscow being a perfect example.

The Maestro

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2007, 05:25:21 AM »
I just dont think a RVN player would work

I think a RVN player would work in any team on the planet, the guy is a ruthless goalscorer and even today he would walk into 99% of team's on the planet.
NO MORE WAR