Author Topic: Messy Marv is on lock  (Read 311 times)

floatin_above_everything

Re: Messy Marv is on lock
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2007, 02:23:56 PM »
He's been in and out for the last couple of years if im not mistaken. He needs to get his shit straight and stay out long enough to both release AND promote an album. He did it with Bandannas Tattos & Tongue Rings and that album sold very well.

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2007, 02:24:45 PM »
I'll break it down for u... We put up stuff we get contacted about mostly... 99% of the stuff on dubcnn is stuff we get emailed or called about directly... I had the song "Dago 2 The Bay" by Mitchy and Messy up there a few weeks ago, Janky (Mitch's manager) had emailed it to me... I hadn't heard about Messy being in jail until I read this thread...

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2007, 02:29:03 PM »
I don't understand why dubcnn ain't supporting Messy Marv while he is on lock. You got all these news about the Messy Slick album, but no word that mentions Messy. Messy needs our support, you could write at the end of this article something like "Messy Marv stay tuned" or shit like that. But what is that? Messy always reps the West in his songs and y'all don't give him some love. I don't like that. Just wanted to tell y'all...  >:(
The thing is, I did the interview with Mitchy Slick because I knew someone who got me into contact with him.  I don't know anyone who could put me into contact with Messy Marv.  I am a big fan of Messy Marv too.  It's not like Dubcnn doesn't rep Messy Marv or whatever the fuck you said, come on, there's news about him all the time on the site.

Lunatic

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2007, 02:29:27 PM »
I'll break it down for u... We put up stuff we get contacted about mostly... 99% of the stuff on dubcnn is stuff we get emailed or called about directly... I had the song "Dago 2 The Bay" by Mitchy and Messy up there a few weeks ago, Janky (Mitch's manager) had emailed it to me... I hadn't heard about Messy being in jail until I read this thread...

true that Nima...can't really expect y'all to go out your way to find news, most westcoast artists know of the site, and know y'all got a big following, so they should contact y'all first...at the same time it can get annoying to the fans (happened to me a few months ago when that spanish dude yama dropped his album with a gang of westcoast features and support) when we wanna see the artists get more love, but hey it's there fault for being stupid to not contact y'all

Bty everyone just finished listening to that Messy Slick album, and it's average as fuck...Only found 6 tracks that bang (that Diego 2 Da Bay being my fav 1, whoever produced that used that sample very nicely)...problem on the album is the production is very so-so and the mixing is pretty wack as well
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Sparegeez

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2007, 04:02:51 PM »
Here's a good article for you guys to check out. I read it a couple weeks ago, and I just wanted to share it with ya'll.

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/05/15/DDG47PPKBT1.DTL

Si-Chiggedy

« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2007, 04:18:24 PM »
I don't understand why dubcnn ain't supporting Messy Marv while he is on lock. You got all these news about the Messy Slick album, but no word that mentions Messy. Messy needs our support, you could write at the end of this article something like "Messy Marv stay tuned" or shit like that. But what is that? Messy always reps the West in his songs and y'all don't give him some love. I don't like that. Just wanted to tell y'all...  >:(
The thing is, I did the interview with Mitchy Slick because I knew someone who got me into contact with him.  I don't know anyone who could put me into contact with Messy Marv.  I am a big fan of Messy Marv too.  It's not like Dubcnn doesn't rep Messy Marv or whatever the fuck you said, come on, there's news about him all the time on the site.

I didn't want to say that you don't rep his music, I know you had some news about that "Muzik Fo Tha Taliban" shit and whatever, but I felt that you should support one of the biggest aritst of the last years. I ain't no dickrider or something, I just recognized that mess dropped a couple of dope records over the last years, a fact, that you can't say about other artist, you understand me? I didn't know that y'all were not informed that he is in jail for that long time now. I wouldn't have made this thread if Messy would be in jail for a few month or shit like that, but I think until 2009, that is a long ass time. I know I said it to Nima on MSN a few weeks ago, but now I know he just forgot it, I know he is always busy. But it's all good, I love dubcnn, my #1 news site, maybe I was lil bit too agressive in my first post.

@Nima: thanks for that!

PS: Did y'all know, that Hussalah of Mob Figaz is jail too? I heard a few minutes ago, he is incarcerated until 2011. That's what i read. But his music wack though...  :P
Check out my blog "Love For The West" http://sichill-music.blogspot.com/

And hit me on twitter: http://twitter.com/Si_Chill

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2007, 05:13:26 PM »
dubcnn never puts bay shit up inless its big they on LAs dick they need to come to the bay and start fucken wit us thers been so meny new bay cd and they never put them  up

co-sgn.
I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!

PiLL CliNtOn

« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2007, 11:56:57 AM »
husalah wack? fuck outta here
CURRENTLY BUMPIN

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2007, 12:09:05 PM »
Husalah is a snitch..

Messy will prolly be out before 2009 on parole.. Guce was just in my studio, he said he gone put out a project called "free messy marv" soon with all unreleased messy shit..

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!