Poll

Will Garnett go to the Lakers

Yes - Buss will find a way
4 (80%)
No - McHale will never send his star to the Lakers
1 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Author Topic: can the Lakers and Wolves pull off the Garnett trade  (Read 508 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
can the Lakers and Wolves pull off the Garnett trade
« on: June 26, 2007, 01:03:21 AM »
Looking at this trade, it has two very unusual charactoristics in that Buss will do anything to get what he wants. He will go over the GMs if he has too. He will need to in this trade because Kevin McHale will never... EVER send Garnett to the Lakers. McHale will only send Garnett to the Celtics, and that includes a high draft pick. McHale knows the best his going to get is Bynum and Odom, but sees both as not good enough, he wants young talent. Even if K.Brown is in the trade he wouldn't do it. McHale is not interested in sending Garnett to the Lakers, period. Buss will do anything, but can he overcome this?

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: can the Lakers and Wolves pull off the Garnett trade
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2007, 03:38:19 AM »
Maybe Buss will send him whores and yayo. That might work. Other than that, only a fag drooling over p&g would deny that Odom&Bynum for Garnett would be a robbery.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

wcsoldier

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2007, 04:02:11 AM »
Maybe Buss will send him whores and yayo. That might work. Other than that, only a fag drooling over p&g would deny that Odom&Bynum for Garnett would be a robbery.
any move including a "superstar" player is a robbery... Miami robbed us, Denver robbed Phily....

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2007, 04:13:59 AM »
any move including a "superstar" player is a robbery... Miami robbed us, Denver robbed Phily....

Yup, but it was WC to EC and EC to WC... in this case, it's straight WC shit...

dammit I got it confused, lol, phx doesnt have the 5th pick. fine. then the lakers could be in business
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 04:16:25 AM by 7even »
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2007, 04:17:13 AM »
The only way I see KG on the Lakers is if there is a third team involved. The Wolves want a high draft pick or a superstar in return. That was the main reason Boston/Phoenix were considered. From what I'm hearing, the deal on the table is Odom, Bynum and Brown for Garnett and Hudson or Jaric. The Wolves better be prepared for low attendace and another couple years of subpar performance if that deal goes down.

Yup, but it was WC to EC and EC to WC... in this case, it's straight WC shit... Plus, PHX makes more sense for the Wolves. PHX has great picks they don't really need as much. Marion+Diaw+5th pick+another 1st round pick for KG and Hudson

--> PHX (KG) certified favorite to win the Championship, Marion finally being "da man", Minnesota got something to rebuild

Phoenix really wants Garnett, but they don't have the cap room to make it work. And the Wolves don't even want to talk to them unless they deal Amare.

wcsoldier

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2007, 04:48:00 AM »
^^^^ yeah plus Wolves don't care about Marion coz he can opt out and leave in one year.. looks like Phoenix priority is to have a deeper bench... major moves will surprise me

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2007, 07:46:16 AM »
I don't think so. A lot of GMs are interested in Bynum, but unfortunately for us, Danny Ainge isn't one of them  :'(
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2007, 10:53:05 AM »
Yes...It's been destined to happen. I dunno if it's gunna be this off-season, or maybe even a year from now, but Garnett will be a Laker. Too much surrounding this story in the past couple years for it to not happen...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2007, 10:54:18 AM »

Wow...How would that be a robbery? Minnesota is never gunna get a better offer than that. Check yaself.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2007, 10:55:59 AM »
I don't think so. A lot of GMs are interested in Bynum, but unfortunately for us, Danny Ainge isn't one of them  :'(

Danny Ainge? We're speaking Kevin McHale here...

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2007, 11:03:55 AM »
i dont see this deal getting done
I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!

rik

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2007, 11:07:15 AM »

Danny Ainge pulled out of the 4 team trade.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2007, 11:08:49 AM »

Danny Ainge was never getting Bynum...

rik

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2007, 11:14:51 AM »

Danny Ainge was never getting Bynum...

Oh yeah, well then, I don't know what the fuck he's talkin' about.