Author Topic: No Lakers/Heat game this Christmas  (Read 276 times)

GangstaBoogy

No Lakers/Heat game this Christmas
« on: July 25, 2007, 07:48:05 PM »
Thank God. Hopefully they're not doing this because they know Kobe won't be with the Lakers by then.

After three years, the NBA and ABC wisely concluded the novelty has worn off Shaq vs. Kobe/Heat vs. Lakers on Christmas. Instead, word is the NBA will have the Heat play in Cleveland on Christmas, creating a Dwyane Wade vs. LeBron James matchup.

Though the schedule circulating is tentative, Heat-Cavs is expected to be one of two ABC games that day, a league source said. The Heat is tentatively set to open at home against Detroit on Nov. 1.

http://www.miamiherald.com/588/story/181316.html
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
Re: No Lakers/Heat game this Christmas
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2007, 07:52:06 PM »
thats exactly why they are prolly doing it. everyone knows Kobe is gone
I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2007, 07:57:51 PM »
They are right tho, the novelty has worn off. If the Lakers were the top team in the West and the Heat the top team in the East...then ok, sounds good...make the game. But that isnt the case. Cleveland and Miami are PROBABLY the top two teams in the East (probably...) so i guess it makes sense. On the other hand, who gives a shit about tha East. Maybe we'll see a 4-1 series in the finals next year just to make things interesting.  ;D
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2007, 07:59:37 PM »

LOL. No one actually thinks the Lakers will trade him, especially not this coming season...Get ready to pay up. OG, FIRE OG.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2007, 08:00:19 PM »
Thank God. Hopefully they're not doing this because they know Kobe won't be with the Lakers by then.

After three years, the NBA and ABC wisely concluded the novelty has worn off Shaq vs. Kobe/Heat vs. Lakers on Christmas. Instead, word is the NBA will have the Heat play in Cleveland on Christmas, creating a Dwyane Wade vs. LeBron James matchup.

Though the schedule circulating is tentative, Heat-Cavs is expected to be one of two ABC games that day, a league source said. The Heat is tentatively set to open at home against Detroit on Nov. 1.

http://www.miamiherald.com/588/story/181316.html

I bet it'll be Heat-Cavs and Lakers-Suns this time around...

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2007, 08:03:03 PM »

LOL. No one actually thinks the Lakers will trade him, especially not this coming season...Get ready to pay up. OG, FIRE OG.

Id be shocked if the Lakers trade him at this point...
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2007, 08:07:05 PM »

lol if he doesn't get traded ill hit ur lil ass off wit some $$ its nothing youngster
I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2007, 09:22:44 PM »
Fuck Shaq, I enjoy seeing Wade and Kobe go at it. My only problem is that like every fuckin Christmas game has been in Miami.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2007, 01:54:16 PM »
they're not doing this because they know Kobe won't be with the Lakers by then.

You beat me to it, props.  :laugh:
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin