Author Topic: Grant Hill is going to Phoenix  (Read 167 times)

GangstaBoogy

Grant Hill is going to Phoenix
« on: July 05, 2007, 10:08:12 AM »
Free agent forward Grant Hill has agreed to sign with the Phoenix Suns for a one-year, $1.2 million dollar contract.

Hill spent the past seven years with the Orlando Magic . He endured numerous injuries during his tenure with the Magic and never re-gained the all-NBA status he possessed earlier in his career with the Detroit Pistons .

This past season, he averaged 14.4 points per game and helped lead the young Magic to their first playoff berth in four years.

Burn in hell Grant. You're dead to me!
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Grant Hill is going to Phoenix
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 10:19:38 AM »
grant hill for the minimum.. great signing  :-\
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

d-nice

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007, 11:09:32 AM »
IF and the key word is IF he is healthy that is a good pickup for Phoenix. They traded James Jones and Grant gives them another ball handler to bring the ball up or run the offense through. He also is a decent defender but Phoenix's style of play is going to be hell on those ankles.

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2007, 11:22:13 AM »
IF and the key word is IF he is healthy that is a good pickup for Phoenix. They traded James Jones and Grant gives them another ball handler to bring the ball up or run the offense through. He also is a decent defender but Phoenix's style of play is going to be hell on those ankles.

1st of all, just curious, where did Jones get traded too?

Your'e right about the running is gonna hurt Hill, but he can give this team the veteran that they despartley need. The big if is if Hill can stay healthy for another year, Grant Hill with fucked up ankles>>>>James Jones ANYDAY. But if he can't run with the offense, he'll hurt the team more than help.

Sparegeez

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2007, 11:30:53 AM »
Dude it's a two year 1.8 mil a year contract. Not just one year for 1.2 mil.

d-nice

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2007, 11:32:03 AM »

Your'e right about the running is gonna hurt Hill, but he can give this team the veteran that they despartley need. The big if is if Hill can stay healthy for another year, Grant Hill with fucked up ankles>>>>James Jones ANYDAY. But if he can't run with the offense, he'll hurt the team more than help.

He got traded to Portland for that 24th pick in the draft Phoenix had. I watched the draft and I don't remember them saying that but yeah he was traded to Portland. This pickup could work if you want to bring Diaw off the bench and have Hill give Nash a breather or 2 running the offense, but in a more half court set. And Phoenix really does not have half court sets. They need to either give Marcus Banks a shot to REALLY run the offense or pickup a veteran point guard. Either way Phoenix looks like they are trying to build that bench up a bit.

d-nice

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2007, 11:37:39 AM »
They have Barbosa, Kurt Thomas, Alando Tucker, and either Diaw or Hill coming off the bench. Add a starting and backup center and now you have a much better lineup to work with.

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2007, 11:56:54 AM »

He got traded to Portland for that 24th pick in the draft Phoenix had. I watched the draft and I don't remember them saying that but yeah he was traded to Portland. This pickup could work if you want to bring Diaw off the bench and have Hill give Nash a breather or 2 running the offense, but in a more half court set. And Phoenix really does not have half court sets. They need to either give Marcus Banks a shot to REALLY run the offense or pickup a veteran point guard. Either way Phoenix looks like they are trying to build that bench up a bit.

Well it's good that they realized that they need more balance. Meaning a lineup of 5 guys who can beat San Antonio just as easily as they can beat the Lakers or Warriors. Grant will help this problem alot, plus he will be a great motivator for Phoenix's younger players. Jones was a good 3 point shooter, runner, but dude is just too soft. As for Portland, besides drafting Oden, they haven't done anything right so far in the off season.

d-nice

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2007, 12:39:26 PM »

Well it's good that they realized that they need more balance. Meaning a lineup of 5 guys who can beat San Antonio just as easily as they can beat the Lakers or Warriors. Grant will help this problem alot, plus he will be a great motivator for Phoenix's younger players. Jones was a good 3 point shooter, runner, but dude is just too soft. As for Portland, besides drafting Oden, they haven't done anything right so far in the off season.

Yeah Phoenix is not winning a championship with a 7 or 8 man rotation.

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2007, 02:19:21 PM »

Yeah Phoenix is not winning a championship with a 7 or 8 man rotation.

They were real hesitant on letting Banks play, and he seeme perfect for this kinda offense.

d-nice

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2007, 02:36:16 PM »
Yeah Banks fits that system, but Dantoni leaves hardly any room for growth and other than himself, Nash is the only other one that knows how to run the offense. He either needs to have faith in Banks or sign another point guard.