Author Topic: DPG - Dogg Chit *appreciation thread*  (Read 350 times)

Si-Chiggedy

Re: DPG - Dogg Chit *appreciation thread*
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2007, 07:40:21 AM »
It's mixed properly, I dunno what you talkin bout. Maybe you got a low quality download?
Check out my blog "Love For The West" http://sichill-music.blogspot.com/

And hit me on twitter: http://twitter.com/Si_Chill

d-nice

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2007, 07:42:43 AM »
It's mixed properly, I dunno what you talkin bout. Maybe you got a low quality download?

I bought it from Best Buy. Some songs had a good bassline to them but when you would turn it up it would not hit that much. Definitely not the whole album is like that, just a few songs.

d-nice

« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2007, 08:36:08 AM »
funny how I always lose Karma when I say something against Cali Iz Active... Like Messy Marv would say: "Niggaz be havin them P.H.D.'s - Sucker University Player Hatin Degrees."  ::)

Same happens to me all the time

MIAMI4LIFE

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2007, 08:54:55 AM »
CIA really doesn't have a real flow as far as an album it's almost like a compilation to me, Soopafly tracks were off the chain and I liked the Battlecat tracks pretty much but as far as the other tracks like DNice has said before it was Snoops idea for all the different collabos and producers for the album I mean a DPG album with no Daz production ???, that being said I am bumping Don't Sweat It right now probably my favorite non Soopa/Battlecat track, btw f the haters props to everybody

Si-Chiggedy

« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2007, 08:59:45 AM »
yeah "Don't Sweat It" is dope. 1500 did a great job on the beat also on the Snoop album with the track "Which One Of You". Them boys have future.
Check out my blog "Love For The West" http://sichill-music.blogspot.com/

And hit me on twitter: http://twitter.com/Si_Chill

d-nice

« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2007, 09:14:01 AM »
CIA really doesn't have a real flow as far as an album it's almost like a compilation to me, Soopafly tracks were off the chain and I liked the Battlecat tracks pretty much but as far as the other tracks like DNice has said before it was Snoops idea for all the different collabos and producers for the album I mean a DPG album with no Daz production ???, that being said I am bumping Don't Sweat It right now probably my favorite non Soopa/Battlecat track, btw f the haters props to everybody

I can see what Snoop was trying to do with that album in getting a wider fanbase, but they only dropped one single so if it is promoted with more singles I think it would have done better numbers. But almost every artist mainstream has a CIA in they catalogue. It is that one where they have big name guests and producers and it gets away from their core sound. Some artists can pull it off, most can't.

MIAMI4LIFE

« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2007, 09:38:01 AM »

I can see what Snoop was trying to do with that album in getting a wider fanbase, but they only dropped one single so if it is promoted with more singles I think it would have done better numbers. But almost every artist mainstream has a CIA in they catalogue. It is that one where they have big name guests and producers and it gets away from their core sound. Some artists can pull it off, most can't.

yeah I think maybe the fact that Gotti's album came out around the same time and from what I remember only had the I Get High 2 single, and then Daz was gonna drop in August maybe they didn't wanna have too many singles out at once but to make a commercial album and drop one track is not a good buisiness move, Sittin on 23z would've been a dope followup that had a chance to get some airplay with a decent video

d-nice

« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2007, 09:47:57 AM »

yeah I think maybe the fact that Gotti's album came out around the same time and from what I remember only had the I Get High 2 single, and then Daz was gonna drop in August maybe they didn't wanna have too many singles out at once but to make a commercial album and drop one track is not a good buisiness move, Sittin on 23z would've been a dope followup that had a chance to get some airplay with a decent video

I look at it like you can never have too many singles. If that first single is not setting you up well in the 1st week to do good numbers, you need a 2nd single. CIA got good radio play, but the album only did 30k the first week. After that song, nothing.

MIAMI4LIFE

« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2007, 10:14:58 AM »

I look at it like you can never have too many singles. If that first single is not setting you up well in the 1st week to do good numbers, you need a 2nd single. CIA got good radio play, but the album only did 30k the first week. After that song, nothing.

same with DC I know they had the 3 or 4 youtube videos but the only official single was Vibe, Good Ass Day would've been a perfect summertime joint but I guess that's not happening

Paul

« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2007, 10:21:16 AM »
Dope album, "I'll Bury Ya" & "Anybody Killa" are my favourite tracks...

and buc em
funkyfreshintheflesh