Author Topic: For Anyone Doubting The Number 19 Selection By The Lakers, Javaris Crittenton...  (Read 946 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

we havn't really had a decent draft class since 96'  when we got fisher and kobe, but i'm hoping we'll come up with this dude.

We've had some amazing 2nd round steals though...

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
we have had some "steals" in the second round but havn't drafted an all star in 11 years  :-\

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Andrew Bynum will be an all-star.

The Watcher

Andrew Bynum will be an all-star.

... in 10 years?
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
maybe, but i doubt it.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
We have to wait and see.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Critt had an amazing debut with the Lakers vs. the Bucks in the SPL yesterday, even hitting the game winner...Dude has been called the most skilled player we've drafted since Kobe! Check the review:

Crittenton --  Laker fans got to see a glimpse of why Crittenton was thought of as a lottery pick. His explosion to the rim, his versatility, some strong D and the clutch ability that he showed often at GT is his only season. What they didn't get to see yet was some of the more spectacular passing he can come up with. With the Lakers stuck in mud early in the game, Crittenton came off the bench and provided instant spark on both ends of the court. The tempo changed noticeably. He was quick to push the ball up or hit an open man down court. Critt's instincts to hit the open man quickly after getting the ball loosened up the Tri to where the team sometimes just winged it and played ball. Triangle execution is always, without fail, miserable in the first SPL game. Javaris played at both the 1 and 2 spots. Three of his first four makes were dunks, showing his athleticism with a reverse jam out of the gates. He scored 18 points on 8-13 shooting (0-2 from three, a poor 2-6 from the line), he grabbed 4 boards (2 offensive), dished 2 assists without a turnover in 25 minutes. Defensively, he was called for only 3 fouls (two very late in the game), he had 2 steals and 1 blocked shot. He caused a turnover in the backcourt pressuring his man as soon as he entered the game. He read a pass, jumped the lane, swiped it and took it for a dunk. He scored a putback after crashing the glass. He pressured his man on the perimeter, stripped him with an excellent reach and took it the distance for another dunk. At the end of the half, they ran an iso play for Critt. He took the clock down, attacked off the screen to his right, crossed up a defender badly and threw down a monster dunk...this was a get-off-your-couch dunk if you were watching a regular Laker game. He hit a pull-up jumper from about 17 feet straight away. He got back in transition and blocked his man's layup attempt. He took another 17-footer that looked like it might have been tipped in or that he got a lucky bounce (hard to tell on the small screen). He worked the two-man game on the right wing, attacked and banked in a layup in some traffic. To start the fourth, he attacked the baseline, drew the D and fed in traffic to Johnson for FTs. He attacked off the pinch post on the right side, pulling the dribble out wide, then charging toward the hoop for FTs, he made both. Excellent Tri read, cutting quickly as the ball was swung to the pinch post, he took the bouncepass in stride and drew a foul, he missed both FTs. He missed a couple of long jumpers up against the shotclock. He nailed a catch and shoot wing jumper from the college three line. He pushed up the break and hit Karl, who scored off a couple dribbles. He ballwatched and got backdoored for a dunk. He was called for a foul trying to swat his man on the drive. Then with the game tied and both teams struggling to score for the last minute and a half, Critt took the Farmar kickout and drained the 21-foot game winner with a second left on the clock.

...and the game in full:

http://broadband.nba.com/cc/playa.php?content=video&url=http://boss.streamos.com/wmedia/nba/nbacom/summer_league/summer07_lalmil_10.asx&video=blank&nbasite=nba

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I've seen the full game.

Crittenton >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Farmar.

I do agree: he's the most skilled dude we've drafted since Kobe. This guy can do it all.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Man, Jose Barea looks like a franchise player in those type of games lol. The real NBA is different.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Still......

Crittenton >>>>>>>>>> Farmar

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Man, Jose Barea looks like a franchise player in those type of games lol. The real NBA is different.

He's still been displaying tremendous skill, people have been comparing his game to Dwyane Wade!...And Farmar will step his game up and be very valuable for us this coming season. Mark it.

wcsoldier

Oden and Durant look like shit in those games... we're not saying he's going to average 20 and 10 assists in his rookie season but he already shown some skills... by the way he got 26 pts last night .. what I like is ONE turnover in 3 games

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Farmar had 18 points and 11 assists last game. :o

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Oden and Durant look like shit in those games...

Everybody is willing to show them that the NBA is a different beast... blocking Oden or Durant is a much greater joy than blocking Javaris... I'm just saying tho. Kid could be something, but Kobe needs to win now.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin