Author Topic: Microsoft extends Xbox 360 warranty to 3 years  (Read 186 times)

I Am The Anton

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Microsoft extends Xbox 360 warranty to 3 years
« on: July 05, 2007, 07:39:55 PM »
http://www.gamepro.com/news.cfm?article_id=120388

Anyone who has paid for repairs prior to this will be refunded, just like when they extended the warranty from 3 months to 1 year.

Obviously something is wrong with the way the 360 was designed, but at least microsoft is admitting they fucked up and are trying to make it right.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2007, 08:45:30 PM by I Am The Anton »

I need some meaning I can memorize
The kind I have always seems to slip my mind

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
Re: Microsoft extends Xbox 360 warranty to 3 years
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2007, 04:56:27 PM »
http://www.gamepro.com/news.cfm?article_id=120388

Anyone who has paid for repairs prior to this will be refunded, just like when they extended the warranty from 3 months to 1 year.

Obviously something is wrong with the way the 360 was designed, but at least microsoft is admitting they fucked up and are trying to make it right.

True....it's still a pain in the ass though. I hate how stores and Microsoft still try to act as if it's something that we are doing wrong before just admitting, "hey, like 70% of the systems are fucked up"...even though that wouldn't be the smartest thing to do. It's like damn, my brand new game is freezing on me....."is it in a ventilated area? Are you sure there are no scratches? Are you sure you bought it from us/them? Have you damaged your system? Have you kicked it or stepped on it accidentally? Did you throw it off the freeway, go pick it up, then play with it? Those could all be reasons to why it's not working"....NO, it's because it doesn't f'kin work!!

I Am The Anton

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2007, 06:52:28 PM »
They have to ask those questions though, because sometimes it is the owners fault that the system broke. Like with the first xbox, I had ti sitting in the floor for months instead of moving it to an elevated area, dust collected in the fan which caused the fan to break, which caused the system to overheat anytime I played it. Totally my fault. They just have to make sure you aren't doing something to fuck up the system, so you won;t do it again once you have the broken system replaced.

I need some meaning I can memorize
The kind I have always seems to slip my mind

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 01:13:46 AM »
They have to ask those questions though, because sometimes it is the owners fault that the system broke. Like with the first xbox, I had ti sitting in the floor for months instead of moving it to an elevated area, dust collected in the fan which caused the fan to break, which caused the system to overheat anytime I played it. Totally my fault. They just have to make sure you aren't doing something to fuck up the system, so you won;t do it again once you have the broken system replaced.

I mean, yeah that makes sense...but it sounds like they fish for something you did wrong sometimes. Fuck...I was just playing a GREAT game of 2K7, 3rd round, 4 min. left and we just tied it....and the fuckin disc read error pops up. I am calling Microsoft TOMORROW to ship this piece of shit back.

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2007, 01:19:08 PM »
Good news, but it would be better if they fixed the problem thats causing all the breakdowns, the Elite systems still have the same problems as the launch machines.

Smoke Break

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2007, 02:48:14 PM »
^They've started to put a second heatsink into the consoles and one other thing I don't know exactly what it was, some kind of chip.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2007, 11:48:43 PM »
Good news, but it would be better if they fixed the problem thats causing all the breakdowns, the Elite systems still have the same problems as the launch machines.

LMAO! Hell nah....dude at EB was basically trying to convince me to spend the extra $180 on the Elite because I was tired of my core system freezing, talking about "all the errors have been fixed for the Elites".