Author Topic: Mayweather says he's ready to hurt Hatton  (Read 599 times)

WeSTSidE_Don

Re: Mayweather says he's ready to hurt Hatton
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2007, 11:07:57 AM »
dude mayweather will destroy him when will u people learn no one can touch mayweather...

Citizen-Y

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2007, 07:16:38 PM »
dude mayweather will destroy him when will u people learn no one can touch mayweather...

It's just the Euroheads flocking to their own.  Hatton is a good fighter but he's no where near Mayweather's level.

bez

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2007, 02:07:18 PM »

It's just the Euroheads flocking to their own.  Hatton is a good fighter but he's no where near Mayweather's level.

lets just hope you dont eat your words!

Citizen-Y

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2007, 02:27:47 PM »

The funny thing is I will be rooting for Hatton.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2007, 06:25:44 PM »
Hatton does pretty much just hit and hold. He should be a pretty easy target considering Mayweathers accuracy.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2007, 02:45:14 AM »
Has a date been set?

The Maestro

Maniac Marxxx

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • London in this bitch!!!!!!!!
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2007, 08:19:12 PM »

Im from London and believe me when i tell you mayweather is gonna destroy hatton, he is simply too quick for hatton, he is slower than de la hoya, and look how that turned out. Mayweather gave him the ali v forman treatmeant, dancing around him before picking him off with precise punching, the only difference is he won on points

How great would it be though to see Mayweather put on his ass.

Very great.
I dunno why everyone hates maywether, he can have the confident attitude he has, he hasnt lost, plus he has moved up weights and still ain lost, you would go on the same way if that was you

Kool Beenz

« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2007, 04:03:31 PM »
mayweather use to be my favorite boxer.. now he is my favorite runner...
after the de la hoya fight i lost alot of respect for the guy he is clearly scared to fight
hatton and de la hoya would be a way better and entertaining fight then mayweather and hatton

« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2007, 04:58:30 PM »
Why is it so hard for some boxing "fans" to get this? Boxing is NOT about two guys standing toe to toe and slugging it out to see who hits harder? Apes do that shit, not boxers. Boxing is about hitting, and not getting hit. People love to see an all out war where the two boxers are just goin at it like a Rocky movie. But more then likely when a match goes that way its because neither of two fighters have a whole ton of boxing skill and have to resort to throwing haymakers and hope to KO the other guy. Mayweathers match against De La Hoya was a perfect example. De La Hoya, for most of his career, has been known as a great "boxer". He's fundamentally very sound in the ring, and in most matches can outBOX his opponent. Against Mayweather, the story was different. Mayweather is the better "boxer". He is far quicker, far more accurate, and harder to hit the De La Hoya. So what was De La Hoyas advantage? He's the harder hitter. So what did he become in the ring? A slugger. Given that Mayweathers advantage was speed, quickness, accuracy, and defense....and De La Hoyas advantage was size and power, what would you expect Mayweather to do in order to win the fight? Hit and move. He made Oscar look slow and confused for most of that fight...which is what happens to every Mayweather opponent. If you wanted to see him stand toe to toe with a bigger guy and just slug it out...its because you wanted him to lose.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Kool Beenz

« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2007, 05:30:13 PM »
yeah but see mayweather said he was gonna knock out de la and that he was gonna whip his ass and shit like that but he didnt he was scared to fight
i mean i would of gave him more credit if he said "i will outbox de la ass"

« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2007, 05:37:19 PM »
^^its all marketing homie. Boxing is a business....especially now. Its bullshit, but thats the way it is. If you notice, Mayweather is always more of an ass before the fight...then he is afterwards. Getting on TV and sayin "im gonna whoop his ass" gets peoples attention more then "im gonna win a decision over him" yah know? I dont see where he was scared in the fight. I saw him on his game, and De La Hoya flustered. Neither fighter did damage....the only thing you can judge the fight on then is the punch stat numbers and who faught their fight. Advantage = Mayweather.

Kool Beenz

« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2007, 08:02:16 PM »
boxing sucks now becuase of all the damn titles why are there 4 major titles why arent there just one like back in the day?
and the judges are so fucked up too

« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2007, 08:08:12 PM »
boxing sucks now becuase of all the damn titles why are there 4 major titles why arent there just one like back in the day?
and the judges are so fucked up too

I agree, too many titles. And yeah, judges are kind of fucked. Its sad that you can actually tell sometimes how judges get affected by the crowd. Problem with boxing is that its the only sport where the outcome is decided on opinion. Not like basketball or football where whoever has the most points wins. So that always leaves it out there for criticism.

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • EastSide But I Represent The Whole F
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2007, 07:07:06 PM »
7-27-07..Mayweather-Hatton Almost Done For Dec. 8

By Mark Vester

Leonard Ellerbe, adviser to WBC welterweight champion Floyd Mayweather, Jr. (38-0, 24 KOs) told USA Today that plans are being finalized for a bout between Mayweather and Ricky Hatton (43-0, 31 KOs) on Dec. 8 at a venue to be determined and televised on HBO's Pay-Per-View arm.

Ellerbe said an official announcement may come as early as Monday and gave Hatton credit for stepping up to take the fight. It has not been determined if the bout will be for Mayweather' WBC title or a non-title attraction.

"This is a great fight for the fans," Ellerbe. "We have two young unbeaten fighters, at the top of their game, from two different countries going against each other. It's what boxing needs. I never thought he would do it, but Ricky Hatton deserves credit for stepping up to the plate. He asked for it and now he's going to get it. Floyd is a extremely excited. He wants to show Hatton that he's never fought at this level before. He's going to show him what it's like to step in the ring with the best fighter."

« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2007, 07:25:37 PM »
Should be interesting. Im kind of surprised that Mayweather would take this fight though. After a huge fight against De La Hoya, I didnt think he felt he had much more to prove in boxing. Plus, Hatton is good...but obviously not as big a name as De La Hoya is. Somewhat of a step down in popularity, but maybe a more dangerous fighter right now. Should be a better fight then Mayweather/ De La Hoya