Author Topic: Paparazzi photo of Jack Nicholson caught offguard in public.  (Read 2824 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

NotoriousTDA

Re: Paparazzi photo of Jack Nicholson caught offguard in public.
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2007, 02:46:06 PM »
yeh def a family photo. Look at that pale bitch to teh left. Thats prolly his wife.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Trauma-san

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2007, 05:45:15 AM »
The Shining had a better writer.  It had better actors.  I like it much better.  Pulp Fiction is great though of course.  Eventually, it comes down to taste.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2007, 10:57:01 AM »
The Shining had a better writer.  It had better actors.  I like it much better.  Pulp Fiction is great though of course.  Eventually, it comes down to taste.

And a better director.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2007, 06:20:30 PM »

when it comes down to it that's what it's all about right there in the highlight , but better actors , no WAY

jack nicholson/shelly duvall <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< John Travolta, Samuel L Jackson, Uma Thurman, Harvey Keitel, Bruce Willis, Tim Roth, Ving Rhames, Christopher Walken, Phil Lamarr, Julia Sweeny,Amanda Plummer, and Steve Buscemi.

no way the shining had better actors....please

also

www.allmusic.com

the shining= 4.5 stars
pulp fiction= 5 stars

www.rottentomatoes.com

the shining=85%
pulp fiction= 96%

www.idmb.com

the shining=8.4/10
pulp fiction=8.9/10   

the shining=#60 on top 250  movies
pulp fiction= #5 on top 250 movies

time magazine's 100 greatest movies of all time

the shining= no
pulp fiction= yes

afi's 100 greatest movies of all time (1997 list)

the shining= no
pulp fiction=yes

afi's 100 greatest movies of all time (2007 list)

the shining= no
pulp fiction=yes

total film's all time list

the shining=81
pulp fiction=49

Oscar Noms

the shining=0
pulp fiction=8  (win for best screenplay ....so  ;) about the better writer, and noms for best director and actor and supporting actor and movie)

other awards

the shining= 2 razzies, 1 for worst actress shelly duvall, and 1 for worst director stanley kubrick....and that's it
pulp fiction= palm dior and over 100 awards for writing, directing, acting, and editing

at the end of the day it's all about taste, in which you prefer

however

pulp fiction>>>the shining  in:

acting
editiing
directing
screen play
critical acclaim

but whatever you want to put in your dvd player is your choice.

Sparegeez

« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2007, 06:38:11 PM »
^^Damn, that was some good research you pulled off. Must have been really bored lol.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2007, 07:04:06 PM »
the mrs. is at work , so i got to watch the child....she's asleep so i got nothing better to do.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2007, 07:08:53 PM »
LOL@"Pulp Fiction" having better directing...Of course it's gunna be rated higher by the public, "Pulp Fiction" has a huge cult following. The fact remains that "The Shining" is still the more quality piece of film...PeACe

Sparegeez

« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2007, 07:18:19 PM »
LOL@"Pulp Fiction" having better directing...Of course it's gunna be rated higher by the public, "Pulp Fiction" has a huge cult following. The fact remains that "The Shining" is still the more quality piece of film...PeACe

How is that a fact? Jacob just showed hella shit on how Pulp Fiction is a better movie. Most movie critics would say Pulp Fiction was a better movie. I don't know how you could argue that without saying things like "the critics are morons or they are brainwashed by other media."

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2007, 07:18:32 PM »
How can you hate on Jack? One of the true legends of Hollywood. By the way Im one of the few that think Pulp Fiction is Way overrated.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2007, 08:10:24 PM »
NIK

AFI= the American Film Institute
The Academy Awards= the oscars

together they = what's quality at the time (the Academy) and what's quality through out history (AFI)

both say Pulp Fiction > The Shining

rotten tomatoes.com is an overall grade of what critics through out history have said about movies

also looking the the user ratings pulp fiction got a 100%

pulp fiction : critics say 96%  the people say 100%
the shining:  critics say 85% the people say 50%

also you said it best , Pulp Fiction has a huge cult following.lol wow.

also i'd like to point out that many negative reviews of the film point out Stanley Kubrick's vision of the story. i disagree with this. i personally think he did a very good job with it, however, that is the one common thread in all the negative reviews. however with pulp fiction, quentin tarintino is praised like the second coming of christ for his job on pulp fiction, which you can't deny, it've very stylish, it brought back and reinvented cinema.  the shining was stylish, but apparently lacking something.  now lets go to the screenplay , no argument here the screenplay for pulp fiction is marvelous, historic and one of the all time greatest. the shining? the book was great, but the screenplay wasnsn't as great as the book it was like Jurassic Park...the book was better (apparetnly i havn't read jurassic park). now acting. in the shining you have jack, that kid, and shelly duvall. jack did a great job, that kid did a good job, shelly duvall and everyone else though.....were just kinda there , how can you say the acting was superior?  i got three words for you Samuel L Jackson!!!!!!!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/snW3cM1KipQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/snW3cM1KipQ</a>

then you got john travolta in his ocar worthy performance, bruce willis in his exciting performance, uma thurman in her oscar worthy performance, ving rhames with a very good performance, christopher walkin with a legendary guest appearace, then the bread to this delicious sandwhich you got tim roth and amanda arquette!!! i mean good god damn!

from an unbias standpoint

pulp fiction is the better movie

more credibility from movie critics
more credibility from fans
better screen play
better acting
better directing
better editing

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2007, 08:18:48 PM »
another great scene from pulp fiction

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Fd4VSkj0Wks" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Fd4VSkj0Wks</a>

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2007, 12:17:14 AM »

How is that a fact? Jacob just showed hella shit on how Pulp Fiction is a better movie. Most movie critics would say Pulp Fiction was a better movie. I don't know how you could argue that without saying things like "the critics are morons or they are brainwashed by other media."

Well, that's my opinion. It's known that critics hate horror films and love cult films like "Pulp Fiction"...I can't think of ANY horror movie that hasn't recieved bad reviews. But "The Shining" is still an amazing film, arguabaly the greatest horror movie ever. And Jake refuses to acknowledge that alongside arguably the greatest actor ever in Niocholson, played Scatman Crothers, who won an award for best supporting actor for "The Shining"...Don't get me wrong. I think "Pul Fiction" is a great (yet overrated) film. But I just think "The Shining" is superior, and anyone who knows about film knows that Kubrick's style can't be denied...PeACe

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2007, 12:48:49 AM »
IMO

Kubrick>Tarantino
Pulp Fiction>The Shining  (both films are high on my all time fav's though)

You also gotta take in to consideration that Pulp Fiction's impact in the film industry is huge.  Mostly all the new filmmakers cite Pulp Fiction as their favorite film of all time.  While the Shining is the greatest horror movie, Pulp Fiction has the luxury of being seen as the best postmodernist film.