Author Topic: Tim Donaghy exposed  (Read 258 times)

GangstaBoogy

Tim Donaghy exposed
« on: July 22, 2007, 09:12:06 PM »
It was only a matter of time before youtubers broke out the evidence...

Phoenix vs. San Antonio: Game 3
http://youtube.com/watch?v=fvkKdXLwt0U

Heat vs. Bobcats
http://youtube.com/watch?v=83IQlYGMDZY
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Tim Donaghy exposed
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2007, 09:30:05 PM »
Dude ALWAYS had his money on Wade. :-X

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 10:54:56 AM »
BTW, the Spurs won because they're superior, not because of this nonsense. Those calls aren't nearly as bad as some I've seen in the past, including game-deciding ones...

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2007, 11:44:07 AM »
Oh wow this shiet is gonna get real deep...

July 23, 2007 -- The allegedly dirty NBA referee who's set to sing in a mob point-shaving scandal sought police protection yesterday - after receiving threats that he could be whacked, cops said.

Three Manatee County Sheriff's squad cars screeched up to the Bradenton, Fla., home of terrified former NBA official Tim Donaghy to investigate menacing telephone calls against him.

"Our concern is for his safety and his family's safety," said Sheriff's Lt. Robert Mealy. "We are definitely going to share any information we get with the FBI."

The rogue ref's family is even urging him to enter the federal witness-protection program, one friend said.

"They think he will be killed if he goes to prison, or even if he doesn't, just because he's probably talking, cooperating, and that's ratting on the mob," the pal said. "I don't think [the Mafia] would take that very well.

"[Relatives] are very concerned for his safety," the friend added. "I think they knew something serious was going on, but not like this, not this big, whole life-or-death issue with the Mafia. I mean, it's the Gambinos."

Mealy declined to reveal more details of the threats against Donaghy, who is being investigated by federal authorities for allegedly working with mobsters tied to the Gambino crime family to fix the scores of NBA games to pay off his gambling debts.

The disgraced ref is said to be set to spill all - threatening to bring down anyone and everyone with him, sources said. He'll be naming names of other refs, coaches, players and game "validators," who sit unobtrusively in the stands to review calls on the court, the source said.

"There are other allegations of gambling that the FBI will run down," based on Donaghy's talk so far, one source said.

"Everybody's pointing a finger at everyone else."

Donaghy's name came to the attention of feds during wiretap probes of Gambino mobsters.

Yesterday, "he received some threatening phone calls, and he wanted them documented," Mealy said. "I know Mr. Donaghy was concerned."

Donaghy, 40, resigned from the NBA shortly after this past season amid then-undisclosed allegations that he bet on games he officiated.

Feds have not yet revealed which games they are probing.

Several friends in Cape May, N.J., where his parents summer, said Donaghy's co-workers grew suspicious of his behavior about three years ago, when he would offer to trade free tickets to certain games with some refs in exchange for others - and then suddenly renege.

"He just started screwing them," one friend said. "Tickets started going missing, misplaced . . . It was no longer, 'Hey, Tim's kind of an a- - hole.' It became, 'Tim is f- - - ing with the NBA.' And that's when they stopped trusting him completely."

Retired dentist John Minutella of West Chester, Pa., where Donaghy grew up and worked at a golf course, recounted a horrific prank Donaghy pulled on him 10 years ago, when the embattled ref put a dead bird in his golf bag. Minutella found the maggot-infested carcass 24 hours later.

"Nobody wanted to play golf with him," said Minutella, 64. " I can't say one nice thing about him. I believe this guy was almost soulless."

Additional reporting by David K. Li and Stefanie Cohen in New York and Tom Liddy in West Chester, Pa.

Players and coaches involved? Aww man this is gonna be good!

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2007, 11:50:48 AM »
^^Finally. The league-wide conspiracies against Kobe will be proven once and for all.

thisoneguy360

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2007, 12:11:08 PM »
That shit is disgusting  :grumpy:

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2007, 12:58:18 PM »
So now he's about to snitch? Damn, nigga might not see the light of the next day then.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2007, 05:34:17 PM »
The allegedly dirty NBA referee who's set to sing in a mob point-shaving scandal sought police protection yesterday - after receiving threats that he could be whacked, cops said. Three Manatee County Sheriff's squad cars screeched up to the Bradenton, Fla., home of terrified former NBA official Tim Donaghy to investigate menacing telephone calls against him. New York Post

"Our concern is for his safety and his family's safety," said Sheriff's Lt. Robert Mealy. "We are definitely going to share any information we get with the FBI." The rogue ref's family is even urging him to enter the federal witness-protection program, one friend said. "They think he will be killed if he goes to prison, or even if he doesn't, just because he's probably talking, cooperating, and that's ratting on the mob," the pal said. "I don't think [the Mafia] would take that very well. New York Post

The disgraced ref is said to be set to spill all - threatening to bring down anyone and everyone with him, sources said. He'll be naming names of other refs, coaches, players and game "validators," who sit unobtrusively in the stands to review calls on the court, the source said. "There are other allegations of gambling that the FBI will run down," based on Donaghy's talk so far, one source said. "Everybody's pointing a finger at everyone else." New York Post

Several friends in Cape May, N.J., where his parents summer, said Donaghy's co-workers grew suspicious of his behavior about three years ago, when he would offer to trade free tickets to certain games with some refs in exchange for others - and then suddenly renege. "He just started screwing them," one friend said. "Tickets started going missing, misplaced . . . It was no longer, 'Hey, Tim's kind of an a- - hole.' It became, 'Tim is f- - - ing with the NBA.' And that's when they stopped trusting him completely." New York Post
No, it's not a sin

Sparegeez

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2007, 05:44:14 PM »
It would be dope to see Stern fired.

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2007, 09:31:17 PM »
I can't believe the Mike Vick thing still seems to be dominating the air waves. This thing is huge. The NBA is in some real trouble with this situation. Makes me sick to think that pro basketball is gonna have a dark cloud over its head for a long ass time.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2007, 10:23:09 PM »
I can't believe the Mike Vick thing still seems to be dominating the air waves. This thing is huge. The NBA is in some real trouble with this situation. Makes me sick to think that pro basketball is gonna have a dark cloud over its head for a long ass time.

Mlb, Nfl and NBA all have dark clouds right now if you ask me/

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2007, 04:35:57 PM »
Did Donaghy Help Warriors In Game Versus Bulls?

As F.B.I. officials, the news media and fans pore over video footage of games refereed by Tim Donaghy, looking for curious foul calls and other such behavior, several seconds of a game between the Chicago Bulls and the Golden State Warriors in February could attract attention.

The Bulls-Warriors game of Feb. 9, played at Golden State and broadcast on ESPN, was tied, 112-112, with 23 seconds remaining. While a Bulls guard dribbled between midcourt and the 3-point shot line — clearly working the clock down for an attempt at a final shot — Warriors center Andris Biedrens stood in the lane without guarding anyone for about seven seconds, which is grounds for a defensive three-seconds violation.

Donaghy, stationed behind Biedrens on the baseline, clearly stepped forward and tapped Biedrens on the waist with 16 seconds left. Biedrens, by then at the edge of the lane, then immediately moved clear of the paint, and play continued.

The penalty for defensive three seconds is the assessment of a technical foul and retention of the ball. Golden State could have faced a 3- or 4-point deficit before getting the ball back.

Instead, the Bulls had a shot blocked with six seconds left, and Golden State missed a half-court heave to leave the score tied as regulation time ran out. The Warriors won in overtime, 123-121. According to several gambling Web sites, the odds opened with the Warriors favored by a point and a half.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2007, 04:39:25 PM »
Donaghy, stationed behind Biedrens on the baseline, clearly stepped forward and tapped Biedrens on the waist with 16 seconds left. Biedrens, by then at the edge of the lane, then immediately moved clear of the paint, and play continued.

LMAO!!! How could people not notice?
No, it's not a sin

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2007, 06:03:22 PM »
Probably cuz we watch the person with the ball and not white guys standing around being tapped on the waiste.