Author Topic: The Wire = The Best Show On T.V.  (Read 3101 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: The Wire = The Best Show On T.V.
« Reply #90 on: September 16, 2007, 09:56:05 AM »
Why is McNulty in season 4, somebody tell me?  :-\

BIT OF A SPOILER AHEAD

He's in it, he's just not as big a part of it. Season 4 revloves around McNulty's departure from the politics of the job and just doing straigh policing. He's a lot happier and his life turns around. By the end of the season he realizes that he can't solve the big crimes from his new position and decides to return to the Major Crimes Unit. One of the last scenes sets up his return and it has to make you think that McNulty going after Omar is going to be a big part of season 5. Ofcourse the way this show is Omat could end up stepping on some Greek toes and getting killed early on.

Okka

« Reply #91 on: September 16, 2007, 10:02:07 AM »
Why is McNulty in season 4, somebody tell me?  :-\

BIT OF A SPOILER AHEAD

He's in it, he's just not as big a part of it. Season 4 revloves around McNulty's departure from the politics of the job and just doing straigh policing. He's a lot happier and his life turns around. By the end of the season he realizes that he can't solve the big crimes from his new position and decides to return to the Major Crimes Unit. One of the last scenes sets up his return and it has to make you think that McNulty going after Omar is going to be a big part of season 5. Ofcourse the way this show is Omat could end up stepping on some Greek toes and getting killed early on.

Aiight thanks for the info...

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #92 on: September 16, 2007, 10:41:47 AM »
still aint got the third series , hopefully gonna get it when i get paid in week or so.

You gotta get it, have you been watchin the 3rd season?

No in the UK they have only just started showing the first series, i picked up the first two on dvd.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

We Fly High

« Reply #93 on: September 16, 2007, 10:56:09 AM »
season 1 of the sopranos might be better than season 1 of The wire, but as a whole run, sopranos cant fuck with the Wire. Sopranos took numerous dips in the storyline, and just fucked up some of the series imo. and the storylines never really seemed to go that deep.

The Wire Season 4 solidified it as a better show than Sopranos will EVER get. sopranos never evoke that sort of emotional response from viewers. Like for me, i could give a fuck about a tv character, but after watchin season 4 of the Wire, like i was feelin sad for reals.. and i know some other people can definitely voice these same sentiments.. like it left you feelin like "damn... its like that?" .. you really felt for these characters, and their struggles..

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #94 on: September 16, 2007, 02:13:27 PM »
season 1 of the sopranos might be better than season 1 of The wire, but as a whole run, sopranos cant fuck with the Wire. Sopranos took numerous dips in the storyline, and just fucked up some of the series imo. and the storylines never really seemed to go that deep.

The Wire Season 4 solidified it as a better show than Sopranos will EVER get. sopranos never evoke that sort of emotional response from viewers. Like for me, i could give a fuck about a tv character, but after watchin season 4 of the Wire, like i was feelin sad for reals.. and i know some other people can definitely voice these same sentiments.. like it left you feelin like "damn... its like that?" .. you really felt for these characters, and their struggles..

I think Season 1 vs Season 1 Wire takes it easy. Now Season 1,2,3 vs season 1,2,3 it comes a little closer. But like you said, season 4 vs season 4 is where the two really separate. To compare similar scenes I think the Wallace scene from season 1 was way more powerful than anything on Sopranos season 1. Even more powerful the the next season's Pussy scene.

We Fly High

« Reply #95 on: September 16, 2007, 02:51:04 PM »
^^ actually my own preference is The Wire Season One.. but i can just totally see how someone might like Sopranos S.1 more.. but just as the seasons progress, The Wire definitely takes the cake.

Okka

« Reply #96 on: September 16, 2007, 03:02:28 PM »
The Wire/Oz>The Sopranos (every other show on HBO)

No doubt about that...

WC Iz Active

« Reply #97 on: September 17, 2007, 11:41:34 AM »
you guys are crazy.  wire is dope but sopranos is legenadry.  only on dubcc have i heard people say wire is better but Ive never heard anyone else say that

We Fly High

« Reply #98 on: September 17, 2007, 01:01:34 PM »
sopranos is cool, and its better than 90% of the other shows out there.. but the intricate storyline and writing and character development for The Wire is just ridiculous.

Okka

« Reply #99 on: September 18, 2007, 07:05:29 AM »
Daamn, just finished season 3 and fuck it was good! 1 & 3 are my favourite so far, season 2 is really great too. Anybody know when they gon release season 4 here in Finland?

Okka

« Reply #100 on: September 18, 2007, 07:28:20 AM »
I got a few questions, is Avon gonna be on the season 4? And is season 5 coming?

rik

« Reply #101 on: September 18, 2007, 09:31:17 AM »
I got a few questions, is Avon gonna be on the season 4? And is season 5 coming?

***Spoiler Alert***

No Avon is not in season 4. Season 5 is coming in January. It will be the final season

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #102 on: September 18, 2007, 10:15:48 AM »
you guys are crazy.  wire is dope but sopranos is legenadry.  only on dubcc have i heard people say wire is better but Ive never heard anyone else say that

That's because of the success and the success is because of the immediate gratification. Sopranos isn't all that different than most other Dramas over the years. Add swearing and take away cheezy backdrop scores from Dallas or Dynasty and Sopranos really isn't all that different. It's better yeah, but The Wire is like a well thought out novel presented on TV. Sopranos is just a TV show. The Wire is way more subtle. It has it's fair share of problems too. The whole Brother Mouzone storyline was pointless, but in the end Sopranos has way mopre stupid moments than the Wire does.

Okka

« Reply #103 on: September 18, 2007, 03:22:11 PM »

No Avon is not in season 4. Season 5 is coming in January.

Now that's really fucked up. But that's good news, even though it will be the last season...

GunMaster G-9

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • click the ''Give Props'' link above
« Reply #104 on: September 18, 2007, 04:23:59 PM »
Marlo is a awsome