Author Topic: Rihanna's 'Umbrella' Nearing U.K. Chart History  (Read 311 times)

Damien J.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Rihanna's 'Umbrella' Nearing U.K. Chart History
« on: July 18, 2007, 05:32:04 AM »
Rihanna's "Umbrella" (Def Jam) featuring Jay-Z has extended its run at the top of the U.K. singles chart to an epic nine weeks, equaling Gnarls Barkley's "Crazy" as the longest of the decade. As previously reported, the track is also in its seventh week atop the Billboard Hot 100. The new U.K. album chart brought a debut No. 1 for rock outfit the Enemy with its first Warner Bros. set, "We'll Live and Die in These Towns."

The Enemy's success follows consecutive top 10 hit singles "Had Enough" and "Away From Here." The album beat off some strong competition to secure the top spot, as New York-based Interpol arrived at No. 2 with "Our Love To Admire" (Capitol) and Smashing Pumpkins resumed their U.K. chart career at No. 4 with "Zeitgeist" (Reprise). That equals the peak of 1993's "Siamese Dream" and 1995's "Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness."

Also making a prominent album chart debut at No. 7 was "Thirst for Romance" (Heavenly) by British newcomers Cherry Ghost, fronted by songwriter Simon Aldred. Kings Of Leon's "Because of the Times" (Hand Me Down/Sony BMG) rebounded 41-10 as the current single from the set, "Fans," jumped 51-13.

On the singles chart, Fergie's "Big Girls Don't Cry" (Interscope) jumped from No. 8 into runner-up spot behind "Umbrella," as another Interscope hit, "The Way I Are" by Timbaland featuring Keri Hilson, improved 6-4. Arctic Monkeys' "Fluorescent Adolescent" (Domino) climbed 23-5 and "Teenagers" (Reprise) by My Chemical Romance soared 16-9.

Further down the chart, a remix of the Four Seasons' "Beggin'" -- a U.S. top 20 hit in 1968 that lost out at the time to a U.K. cover by the Timebox -- climbed 73-32. It thus became the group's first British top 40 single since "Down the Hall" in the summer of 1977, shortly after tickets went on sale for the London production of the Broadway smash based on the Seasons' story, "Jersey Boys." Performances will begin at the Prince Edward Theater next Feb. 28.

On Billboard's pan-European sales charts, the Rihanna track is in its sixth week at No. 1 on Eurochart Hot 100 Singles, while Bon Jovi's "Lost Highway" (Universal Island) leads European Top 100 Albums for a fourth week.

This report is provided by Billboard.com
Yo! Raps - The Game Belongs To Us | www.yoraps.com

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Rihanna's 'Umbrella' Nearing U.K. Chart History
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2007, 05:49:17 AM »
Umbrella >>>>>>>>>> Crazy

And says alot about Crazy lol

kemizt

wcsoldier

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2007, 06:49:00 AM »
That didn't prevent her album to flop.. plus this track is wack , especially the ella ella  ella shit  :-X

Blu Lacez

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2007, 07:20:04 AM »
That didn't prevent her album to flop.. plus this track is wack , especially the ella ella  ella shit  :-X

Did her album Flop???

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2007, 08:53:11 AM »
The Way I Are will be a mega hit too.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2007, 09:13:18 AM »
The Way I Are will be a mega hit too.

in ya sig is that a havoc solo album ?

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2007, 09:46:26 AM »
Yeah, the promotional pic for The Kush, drops September 18th.

Bedford Iz Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • O.Gz Movements.
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2007, 07:36:35 AM »
lmao Rhianna is a queen. Not sure how the album flopped if it really did with a killer single like that.
Boy Better Know I roll deep with the Nastiest crew, i'm P-Money but i'm O.Gz too"

wcsoldier

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2007, 07:51:43 AM »
lmao Rhianna is a queen. Not sure how the album flopped if it really did with a killer single like that.
her lp is at 400 k right now, will struggle a LOT to hit the platinum status .. this is a Flop regarding the RNB Queens standards .. even her last album "only " did 1.3 M despite being fullfilled of hits...

bez

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2007, 04:47:45 PM »
Dont stop the music would blow up like Umbrella if she released it and had a dope catchy, colourful, club like video!!!

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2007, 10:49:33 PM »
Away from here > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Umbrella

The Maestro

You Ain't Shit

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DPGC-WSCG-4LIFE
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2007, 03:11:39 AM »
umbrella is over-rated

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2007, 03:16:47 AM »
Dont stop the music would blow up like Umbrella if she released it and had a dope catchy, colourful, club like video!!!

I guess it's her next single. Saw the vid yesterday, but it was a dark clublike vid.

kemizt