Author Topic: Say What Y'all Want, But T.I. Doin His Thing Selling Records (2nd week is in)  (Read 568 times)

Lunatic

T.I. shipped another 175,249 this week, landing the #1 spot for the 2nd straight week on the charts...the debuting smashing pumpkins album couldn't take over T.I. for the #1 spot

Comparing how good 175,000 is, Jay-Z's Kingdom Come sold about 140,000 it's 2nd week...He's now at 644,227 total, and should be plat. in about 5 weeks or so
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

WestCoasta

damn people STILL paying attention to album sales?

Lunatic

ofcourse..actually with the poor state sales are in these days, paying attention to them are more interesting than ever to see who:

A) can escape the poor climate sales are in
B) who flops

Blu Lacez

^^
Sometimes it's hard not tooo ;)

But on the real, I'm not a fan cuz of an artist is hittin Plat for every Album!!!
i'm a fan cuz i like the music the said Artist is bringing out!!
That said, T.I is  certainly making a lot of noise, not to notice that his album migt go Plat!!
Guess that's Good for him,his camp & his fans!!
But certainly not for me

But Props are due for T.I, even though i'm not a fervant fan like ma Homie Lunatic 63  is!!

Blu!

Lunatic

^^

But on the real, I'm not a fan cuz of an artist is hittin Plat for every Album!!!
That said, T.I is  certainly making a lot of noise, not to notice that his album migt go Plat!!
But certainly not for me

But Props are due for T.I, even though i'm not a fervant fan like ma Homie Lunatic 63  is!!

Blu!

im also not a fan because an artist hits platinum status

T.I. has been my fav rapper since Trap Muzik dropped, (he was nearing the top of my list when bone crusher's "never scared" dropped)...I immediately copped his debut album "i'm serious" (which flopped BAD may i remind you) and then I ordered Trap Muzik from U.S.A. and paid over 30$ for it...That album did ok, hit plat. status after a year and change at least...Most will consider it a gold album

He only was recognized as a plat. artist in 2004, 2 and a half years after i had really been bumping his shit, and for about 2 years of that calling him "my fav artist"

Most of my fav. rappers actually flop (knoc-turn'al, xzibit, dogg pound and so on) so clearly i am not a fan of T.I. simply because he sells...but when 1 of my fav artist sells, i am ofcouse going to be happy for the success they are enjoying

His album is DEF. going platinum...he's well past half-way there, after only 2 weeks

and This post was not 2 "take shots" at you Blu, we are cool as u well know... just clarifying where i stand ;)

NotoriousTDA

t.i. fell off when he hit platimun status in my opinion.

Blu Lacez

^^

But certainly not for me

Blu!

T.I. has been my fav rapper since Trap Muzik dropped, (he was nearing the top of my list when bone crusher's "never scared" dropped)...I immediately copped his debut album "i'm serious" (which flopped BAD may i remind you) and then I ordered Trap Muzik from U.S.A. and paid over 30$ for it...That album did ok, hit plat. status after a year and change at least...Most will consider it a gold album

He only was recognized as a plat. artist in 2004, 2 and a half years after i had really been bumping his shit, and for about 2 years of that calling him "my fav artist"

Most of my fav. rappers actually flop (knoc-turn'al, xzibit, dogg pound and so on) so clearly i am not a fan of T.I. simply because he sells...but when 1 of my fav artist sells, i am ofcouse going to be happy for the success they are enjoying

His album is DEF. going platinum...he's well past half-way there, after only 2 weeks

and This post was not 2 "take shots" at you Blu, we ar
e cool as u well know... just clarifying where i stand ;)

Well as a fan of any artist,one would expect their fave Artist to Sell.
Some artist especially in the Rap world can actually achieve that!
So folks like me are content with an album that is banging and enjoyable!
That said the hope of actually seeing your fave Artist get world wide recognition never lives your mind-After All they worked hard on their album.

As for "taking shots", nah Lunatic it had nothing to do with that, i was just explaining stuff, getting my point across. My First sentence was "Sumtimes it's Hard Not too"

Well put it this way, I'll be surprised if it does not go Plat, it' s making alotta numbers, it' could go either way, it could fizzle down or spiral outta control

Lunatic i had no idea that Trap Music was a flop??
I actually Like "Urban Legend"
hey You Know What, i asked ya recently who "Big Kuntry" was..he is the part of the group PSC, who featured on T.I Limelite track, it just didn't register at the time of the post.

However Props on your Post Lunatic, we still cool!!

Blu!

Lunatic

^^

But certainly not for me

Blu!

and This post was not 2 "take shots" at you Blu, we ar
e cool as u well know... just clarifying where i stand ;)

Well as a fan of any artist,one would expect their fave Artist to Sell.
Some artist especially in the Rap world can actually achieve that!
So folks like me are content with an album that is banging and enjoyable!
That said the hope of actually seeing your fave Artist get world wide recognition never lives your mind-After All they worked hard on their album.

As for "taking shots", nah Lunatic it had nothing to do with that, i was just explaining stuff, getting my point across. My First sentence was "Sumtimes it's Hard Not too"

Well put it this way, I'll be surprised if it does not go Plat, it' s making alotta numbers, it' could go either way, it could fizzle down or spiral outta control

Lunatic i had no idea that Trap Music was a flop??
I actually Like "Urban Legend"
hey You Know What, i asked ya recently who "Big Kuntry" was..he is the part of the group PSC, who featured on T.I Limelite track, it just didn't register at the time of the post.

However Props on your Post Lunatic, we still cool!!

Blu!

no, i didn't mean i thought u were taking shots at me, i thought maybe u would of taken my post as a shot at u, that's why i clarified i didnt' intend to

Trap Muzik was not a flop, that's the album that went plat. after a while...his first album "i'm serious" was a flop...it sold somethin like 300,000, and it was on a major label (arista) and had a single ft. beenie man, which was prod. by the neptunes

yea Big Kuntry is from the P$C, and is on Limelight, that is correct

other things with Big Kuntry:

T.I. Ft. Mac Boney & Big Kuntry - Asap (Remix)/Motivation
http://youtube.com/watch?v=SujNwATlxYk (Kuntry has the 3rd verse in asap remix)

T.I. Ft. Lil Scrappy & Big Kuntry - Im A King (Kuntry got the 3rd verse once agian)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=3nnWvTUCreI

P$C (T.I., Big Kuntry, Mac Boney, AK, C-Rod) Ft. Young Dro - Do Ya Thang
http://youtube.com/watch?v=BqP_8gkHdTQ (2 many verses in this video 4 me 2 count lol, u'll know kuntry when u see him, it says his name on the screen)

As a bonus, take the link 2 his myspace below, and the first track that plays is the OFFICIAL first single off his upcoming debut album...the song is called "that's right" and it features T.I., and is sure to be a hit in all the clubs, while not being labeled as a "cheesy" record
http://www.myspace.com/kuntrykingmane

Blu Lacez

^^

Aiight Mayne!!
Thanks for clearing that up Re:Trap Music-was not a flop!!

Thankz for those link,s i'll go through each one, & expand my musical horizion!!

Props!
+1

Blu!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 04:39:39 PM by Blu Lacez »

Lunatic

^^

Aiight Mayne!!

Thansk for those link,s i'll go through each one, dn expand my musical horizion!!

Props!
+1

Blu!

yea, let me know what u think as well ;)

Blu Lacez

^^

Aiight Mayne!!

Thansk for those link,s i'll go through each one, dn expand my musical horizion!!

Props!
+1

Blu!

^^
Well After Listenin and watcng the Vids, these are my thoughts!

T.I. Ft. Mac Boney & Big Kuntry - Asap (Remix)/Motivation, For some reason i like both of these Tracks, The Beat for "Motivation"..just grabs You,Plus it's on the T.I album that i like a lot!
Is there like a video  for the Track he did with Daz Dillinger??

Big Kuntry is Tite On this Remix!

T.I. Ft. Lil Scrappy & Big Kuntry - Im A King-Nice Flow!!
Still can't match up to the track above, Just MO!

P$C (T.I., Big Kuntry, Mac Boney, AK, C-Rod) Ft. Young Dro - Do Ya Thang-Not Bad!!!

Props Once Again!!
P.s BigKuntry's My space took like forever to open, Must be ma Browser..I gave up after 3 minutes!!!

Props Again Homie!

Blu!

« Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 05:40:48 PM by Blu Lacez »

Lunatic

^^

Aiight Mayne!!

Props!
+1

Blu!

^^
Well After Listenin and watcng the Vids, these are my thoughts!

T.I. Ft. Mac Boney & Big Kuntry - Asap (Remix)/Motivation, For some reason i like both of these Tracks, The Beat for "Motivation"..just grabs You,Plus it's on the T.I album that i like a lot!
Is there like a video  for the Track he did with Daz Dillinger??

Big Kuntry is Tite On this Remix!

T.I. Ft. Lil Scrappy & Big Kuntry - Im A King-Nice Flow!!
Still can't match up to the track above, Just MO!

P$C (T.I., Big Kuntry, Mac Boney, AK, C-Rod) Ft. Young Dro - Do Ya Thang-Not Bad!!!

Props Once Again!!
P.s BigKuntry's My space took like forever to open, Must be ma Browser..I gave up after 3 minutes!!!

Props Again Homie!

Blu!

np man...u shouldn't have any problems with this link of "thats right"
http://stunnas412.blogspot.com/2007/06/big-kuntry-thats-right-ft-ti.html

Blu Lacez

preciate That!!!

track is Not bad, gon Spin It  few times mo'!! 8) 8)

blu!

Lunatic

preciate That!!!

track is Not bad, gon Spin It  few times mo'!! 8) 8)

blu!

yea...not 2 listen 2 wen ur in a lyrical mood lol, but it's a cool party track, that ain't cheesy

TRG

yeh he's doin well, good on him