Author Topic: Garnett to the Celtics almost done?  (Read 406 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Garnett to the Celtics almost done?
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2007, 11:22:13 AM »
I'm tired of teams building around potential which NEVER pans out.
word ... I can't think of a team who won it all with a core of young players who improved through the years to finally be the champs ..

The best team in the league.
SAS ? No.. what I meant it's not like Duncan , Parker and Ginobili arrived in the league in the same time  and improved through the years together ... when Parker arrived , Duncan was already a monster, Ginobili was a GREAT player in Europe ... each time they had a solid core and add one piece to maintain their level as a team ..

Yea, but they still started off as a nice young core...

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2007, 01:18:39 PM »
Sources this morning are confirming to Steve Bulpett, longtime Celtics beat writer for the Boston Herald that Boston's deal for Kevin Garnett is essentially completed.

One involved source said the final package will have the Celts sending Al Jefferson, Ryan Gomes, Gerald Green, Sebastian Telfair, Theo Ratliff and a No. 1 pick to Minnesota to acquire Garnett.

Further word is that the Celts and Garnett have reached an agreement in principle on a contract extension. You may recall a report here that Danny Ainge would not do the deal without such a guarantee of Garnett’s presence, and it appears now that the perennial All-Star is willing to forego the opt-out in his current deal for next summer and cast his lot with Paul Pierce, Ray Allen and the Celtics.

Big things poppin and lil shiet stoppin.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2007, 02:02:25 PM »
^isn't that illegal?
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2007, 02:14:07 PM »
Huh?

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2007, 02:26:49 PM »
Agreement reached

Kevin Garnett is leaving Minnesota after the Boston Celtics agreed to acquire the All-Star forward in a multiplayer trade with the Timberwolves, a Celtics official told The Associated Press on Monday.

Among the players who could be headed to Minnesota are forward Al Jefferson, guard Sebastian Telfair, swingman Gerald Green and center Theo Ratliff, said the official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because the deal had not been completed. The official also said the Timberwolves would get at least one draft choice.

The teams "ran into a few things that need clarification" in the players' contracts, but the official said that would not keep the Celtics from acquiring Garnett, although there could be a change in the players ticketed for the Timberwolves.

There was a "50-50" chance that a conference call announcing the trade would be held Monday, the official said.

Go Celtics.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2007, 02:45:36 PM »
Kevin McHale is obviously a moron but even he's not dumb enough to give up Garnett without getting Jefferson in return.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2007, 02:46:29 PM »
And why the hell did you make another thread about the exact same thing? Horrible mod skills.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2007, 03:08:37 PM »
And why the hell did you make another thread about the exact same thing? Horrible mod skills.

Moron...My thread was about the deal being done with the players included in the title. Yours was about a potential trade that could go down.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2007, 03:33:08 PM »
Reply in the other topic.