Author Topic: Dubcnn Links Up With T.I. For An Exclusive Interview!!!  (Read 166 times)

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Dubcnn Links Up With T.I. For An Exclusive Interview!!!
« on: July 25, 2007, 03:02:38 PM »
http://www.dubcnn.com
http://www.dubcnn.com/interviews
http://www.dubcnn.com/interviews/ti/

Dubcnn Links Up With T.I. For An Exclusive Interview - July 25, 2007 By : Eddie

We promised you plenty of special surprises with our "Summer of Heat" Interview Series, so we're happy to announce that today's exclusive feature is with none other than "The King of the South," T.I.!

In this Q&A session, we discuss a variety of different topics. T.I. gives us his take on the current state of hip-hop, and explains his comments for Oprah’s attack on rappers. We also speak about his versatility as an artist, staying relevant in the rap game, and his reason behind continually updating his delivery and flow.

In addition to all of this, we discuss his upcoming projects, including the new collaboration album with DJ Toomp, and the film "American Gangster" that he is co-starring in alongside Denzel Washington. T.I. also reveals to us that he already has another album completed and ready to be released, and gives us some hints as to who might appear on it!

Exclusive Interview With T.I. [July 2007]

If you haven't done so already, be sure to pick up a copy of "T.I. vs. T.I.P.," which is in stores now. If you've got some spare time, head over to our forum and voice your opinion about this interview and T.I.'s album.

We've got another surprise guest lined up for Friday, so be sure to keep Dubcnn "on lock!"

Drop feedback!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 03:18:25 PM by Eddie »

Nima - Dubcnn.com

Re: Dubcnn Links Up With T.I. For An Exclusive Interview!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2007, 03:07:37 PM »
Props Eddie.

Lunatic

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2007, 03:40:25 PM »
Props Eddie, that was a real dope interview

Dubcnn: What’s your take on the current state of hip-hop?

Man, I feel that we’re [currently] in the best place we’ve been in, and probably one of the worst places we’ve been in. There’s so many different ways to get paid, [and] so much money to be made, but you’re competing with so many different people now.

It’s so oversaturated. So many people [are] blocking the dial up for somebody that probably should have been selling records. Radio is only going to play so many rap records. There’s people who ain’t on a professional level [who are] clogging the pipelines up for people [that] are on [that] professional level. I guess it’s creating a “traffic jam,” if you will!

That is some REAL TALK RIGHT THERE!

he hit the nail on the head...it's nice 2 have so many ways 2 get paid, to be able to spread out your business into different ventures...Yet, we do have these CHEESY artists (d4l, mims and so on) that are getting these deals from labels, meanwhile they're are MC's out there 1000X better and 1000X hungrier left on the streets because Mims is getting a record deal...Damn, never looked at it like that before...

Dubcnn: OK, I see what you’re saying! As one of the most popular and best-selling artists in hip-hop today, do you ever feel that you’re carrying a lot of the weight on your shoulders to drag hip-hop out of the sales rut it’s currently in?

I know that I’m carrying the weight on my shoulders, but that’s what comes with being King. You can’t say something like “you’re the king” without expecting to carry the weight on your shoulders. But, I invite that challenge. I embrace that, because I know that’s what makes me different from other people. I know God would never put you in a position that you [couldn’t] handle. So, if I had been put in a position where I had more weight put on my shoulders, it’s probably because I’m stronger than everybody else. So, I’m cool with that.

Real talk once agian (besides the king talk)...I also believe that God never puts you in a situation that you can't handle, and if you've been put into that tough situation, there is a reason you were singled out...it ain't always a bad thing

I'm near positive the 2 singles from the T.I. side will be "we do this" & "touch down"...both seem radio friendly, and i think both have a better chance than "show it 2 me" as being released...My Swag i guess could be another possibility...I'd love to see him throw a curveball, and go with my fav. joint off the album "help is coming" but i doubt it...Damn, even "dont you wanna be high" would probably make some noize!!...he can release ANYTHING it seems off the T.I. side ;)

I've got faint hope that the Toomp collabo album will ever see the light of day :-\

Just as I feared, a hiatus may be coming..then agian maybe not lol..We should get both Kuntry & Dro's album by feb. of 08, not so sure about Drama's...can't predict that since his album has been pushed back 2 death

So that's what he plans 2 do with those collabo's with Wayne, Akon, Kells, Eminem, Timberlake, Dro & Face..I'm sure will see the Dro track pop up on a mixtape, and I doubt the Face track will make the next album, also maybe for a mixtape...Smart move though, as he now already has a gang of big name's 2 put on his next album (JT, Wayne, Akon, Kells, Eminem)..I guess he held them off this LP, because he already had sooo many big names on it...Balance is always good ;)

But like he said, i'm sure no more than about 3-4 songs from these recent recordings will pop up on the next album

I didn't know Cuba was gonna be in AG :o

Thank you a lot Eddie...you know for what, i shall not mention it here ;D
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Conan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Holler at your Uncle Snoopy..."
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2007, 03:57:58 AM »
Bump. Props Eddie.
"Shit ain't all peaches and cream, and I ain't Sara Lee, bitch!" - Lloyd Banks

"I'm Morpheus in this Hip-Hop Matrix, exposing fake shit." - Common

"With consecutive platinum hits, I up my status. Ain't no more Calvin Broadus!" - Snoop

"Look at all these conscious rappers - guess who influenced them?" - KRS One

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2007, 11:41:47 AM »
Dont sleep! Getting more reponses in the Westcoast section...

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

Killa Cam

• Lil Geezy
  • threw this mink in the sea one day cuz i was warm
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2007, 04:23:36 PM »
LUNATIC JACKIN OFF RIGHT NOW!