Author Topic: Deal Struck for Hatton V Mayweather  (Read 264 times)

KURUPTION-81

Deal Struck for Hatton V Mayweather
« on: July 28, 2007, 08:21:42 AM »
Ricky Hatton's father Ray has confirmed a deal has been struck "in principle" for his son to face Floyd Mayweather later this year.
Ray Hatton said a verbal contract had been struck between lawyers for both parties with, crucially, an agreement reached over the financial side.

But he is remaining cautious until contracts have actually been exchanged.

Hatton said: "We have agreed a deal in principle but the date and venue is up in the air."

No date or venue has been agreed for the superfight, but it could happen on 10 November or 8 December in Las Vegas.

I can't honestly tell you a deal has been done until I see the signatures on all the documents," he said.

"But what I can say is that both sides were happy with what we finalised verbally."

Ricky Hatton admitted he was eager to take on five-weight champion Mayweather after demolishing Jose Luis Castillo in his outing for the IBO light-welterweight title on 24 June.

Both fighters are unbeaten, although Mayweather had previously insisted his own victory Oscar de la Hoya last month would be his final bout.

The American's representatives flew Ray Hatton and the family's lawyer Gareth Williams out to Las Vegas to watch last week's fight between Bernard Hopkins and Winky Wright

Ray said negotiations were "cordial", but that the pair had flown back to England with both camps "far apart" on the financial aspects of the fight.

However, a deal has been reached over the telephone in recent days.

"It is a great fight for Ricky. How many times do you get to fight the best fighter in the world? I see it as a win-win situation because Ricky cannot fail to impress," Hatton added.

"Floyd is coming off a great win over De La Hoya and Ricky over Castillo. Between them they are unbeaten in 81 fights. There is nowhere else it could happen. It would be an unbelievable fight."

Neither fighter will go into the ring bearing a recognised title belt.

Mayweather handed back the WBC light-middleweight belt he won over De La Hoya because he had no intention of remaining at that weight.

But both Mayweather and Hatton possess the Ring Magazine's belts at 147lbs and 140lbs, respectively. It is likely Hatton would agree to move up to meet Mayweather at the higher weight.

Mayweather's adviser Leonard Ellerbe said Hatton deserved praise for taking the fight.

He told USA Today: "I never thought he would do it, but Ricky Hatton deserves credit for stepping up to the plate.

"He asked for it and now he's going to get it. Floyd is extremely excited. He wants to show Hatton that he's never fought at this level before.

He's going to show him what it's like to step in the ring with the best fighter."

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • EastSide But I Represent The Whole F
Re: Deal Struck for Hatton V Mayweather
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2007, 02:31:43 PM »
source?

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2007, 03:22:44 PM »
yeah i saw this yesterday on the news here in Vegas i think they were at the ESPN CAFE but it looks like its going to happen.

Sparegeez

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2007, 03:38:02 PM »
Don't ever believe a boxer when he says he's retired.

KURUPTION-81

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2007, 08:51:24 AM »
^
i saw this too on sky sports news..

Don't ever believe a boxer when he says he's retired.

yup, the money he'll make from this will be big

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2007, 10:31:15 AM »
Don't ever believe a boxer celebrity when he says he's retired.

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2007, 01:24:07 PM »
Hatton is the real attraction not Mayweather (IMO)
Floyd couldn't fill a cardboard box with people.
But.... :-X

in a perfect world Ricky would maul down Floyd and beat his ass..
in reality "Run Floyd , Run!!!"

Mayweather on point's very EASY boring unanimous decision.
think "Wright Vs. Hopkins"

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2007, 04:21:30 PM »
Hey did anyone here about Mayweather joining the GOLDEN BOY PRODUCTIONS?My boy was telling about it but i hope its bullshit.Hatton will be the main attraction because sad to say Mayweather never ever filled up a stadium let alone 5000 seats and its kinda sad but nobody wants to see boring fights.

Sparegeez

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2007, 04:26:55 PM »
Anybody miss Mike Tyson?

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • EastSide But I Represent The Whole F
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2007, 08:56:05 PM »
Hey did anyone here about Mayweather joining the GOLDEN BOY PRODUCTIONS?My boy was telling about it but i hope its bullshit.Hatton will be the main attraction because sad to say Mayweather never ever filled up a stadium let alone 5000 seats and its kinda sad but nobody wants to see boring fights.
Nope..I heard Hatton was tho..