Author Topic: Anyone from France? What can you tell me about the rapgroup "Hocus Pocus"?  (Read 132 times)

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
One of my friends said that I should check it out, so I did..

They got some doooope beats! I love the beats! They got some nice scratching too! I don't understand what they say, cus I'm danish :) but I like their voice, flow, style of rapping, and well I have allways had a hard time trying to listen to french rap, but these guys made it easy for me to enjoy it :)

It's the "Hocus Pocus - 73 Touches Reissue" album I have.

Anyone know anything about them? How many are they? Who is doing what? What have they else done? etc.

Peace

wcsoldier

Yep that's a dope crew ... they released a first album in 1997 (or 98 didn't remember exactly) they were 2 MCs( 20Syl and Cambia) and one DJ (DJ Greem) at that time ... then Cambia left... 20sYL AND DJ Greem did some solo productions for a while (20Syl actuallt produced some shit for Slum Village) ... then they reunited for "73 Touches" in 05. I heard a new album is on the way

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Thanks for the info :)

What subjects do they rap about? Only one i understand was a track where they are scratching "Hip Hop makes me sick", so I think I know what that track is about :P

I think a lot of the beats are really uplifting and happy! Dopeness!

wcsoldier

^^^^ their lyrics are pretty simple but good , they talking about life in general, no gangsta shit but no conscious things too ... their kind of lyrics pretty fit their "happy " beats very well ...

http://blog.hocuspocus.fr/

Go to the music section, you can hear their new single "Smile" ...

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Got damn! That's dope! Props! And props on the info..

Hocus Pocus will definitely be in rotation in my speakers now :)

Morweed

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
They got some nice scratching too!

Well, Hocus Pocus is also known in the DMC world as C2C (3 times World Champion if i'm not mistaking)

;D

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
They got some nice scratching too!

Well, Hocus Pocus is also known in the DMC world as C2C (3 times World Champion if i'm not mistaking)

;D

Cool :).. The album I have says "feat C2C" on one of the tracks.. are you sure its the same then?

EDIT: just checked discogs.com, some of the artists in Hocus Pocus are also in C2C..
« Last Edit: July 29, 2007, 03:01:09 PM by Jakob with a K »

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
Bette Midler was ill in hocus pocus.