Author Topic: Guys help. Please help!  (Read 225 times)

Smoke Break

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: Guys help. Please help!
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2007, 03:46:47 PM »
I don't know shit about computer problems but whenever I have a mystery virus I do a system restore and go back to a date before the problem started and it's usually cool. I'm pretty sure you'll lose any files you've downloaded in that time though, so be careful if you want to do it.

If you're on windows XP go to start - run - type "msconfig" without the quotation marks into the box and click ok - then click on system restore and pick a date.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2007, 03:50:20 PM »
Propz, I didn't think that would work. Lol. Thank you man!!

AboveTheLaw

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2007, 03:51:30 PM »
Does the computer give you a stop error message, for example, something like 0x000E9845845.....

Is so, write it down and post it, I'll see what the error code refers to.

What happens after the stop message? Does it let you get into safe mode at least?

If the virus/spyware came from an email attachment, delete anything in your inbox that looks suspicious, or everything to be safe.

Download Spybot 1.4 and Ad-Aware. Search them on Google, they're both free. Once you use them, they may find the culprit.

In any case, there's a good chance this problem has to do with your video card not being configured correctly. Try reinstalling the drivers for your video card. Look for the CD that came with your computer or the video card itself.

Otherwise, you can try reinstalling Windows XP. None of your files will erased, but at the same time it will reset all your settings and you'll have to reinstall all the programs you use.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2007, 08:39:54 AM »
^ Yeah I got Ad-Aware. Propz homie, you're a very helpful cat though!! Honestly. BIG PROPZ!

I got it though. I did a system restore. Smoke Break I owe you!

AboveTheLaw

« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2007, 10:05:29 AM »
^ No problem!  :)