Author Topic: With Keyshia Cole's "Let it go" as one of the hottest songs of the summer....  (Read 307 times)

Blu Lacez

Props to you & D-Nice!

It's a hard one to call it!!
But both of you guys have valid points!

@R-Tistic, i never knew that Hip Hop still loves Westcoast Music,
i was of the belief that they weren't feeling it anymore
So what part of the westcoast Music do they love??
Is it the beat/instrumental, or the Rap/Lyrics??

The beats and the image is still used IMO. The khakis, the gangsta image, the gangs, not to say it is exclusively west coast as far as gangs, but the west did put it out on the forefront. Alot of the hate the South gets reminds me of the west coast in the late 90's when Death Row and everything else west coast was doing it big. Back then it was all the west coast is about is gang bangin and lowriders. Once the buzz went down then we were still put in that mentality. I think the beats have never been a problem Once Nas got Dr. Dre to work on It's Was Written, that opened the door for alot of east coast artists to feel comfortable working with west coast producers. Now everyone wants that Dirty South sound. Look at Fat Joe, he wants to be Rick Ross so bad he might as well grow a Grizzley Adams beard.

But it's funny, sometimes your success is your downfall in music. If or when the south is not on top, how will the music be judged then? Would I be "ahh southern music is still stuck on that crunk shit"? I don't know but out here our artists are not accepted to change they sound or rock the old shit. Like Mkystero said in that interview here. I don't see how the west is going to win. And the radio stations do sound like a Atlanta radio station out here so that does not help either.

^^
Whoa!!
That's On Point there D -Nice!!!

Like you pointed out every single Coast has a particular sound,which in turn will be used against that coast in later years!!Yeah Mykestro was right on the money when he was discussing bout radio stations, that kind of attitude hurts like a kick in the teeth!..

« Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 01:00:56 PM by Blu Lacez »

d-nice

It's a copycat industry. Follow the trends. Hardly any innovative and new shit out that separates it from the rest. That was embraced at one time and now it is rejected. I just don't understand why it is cool to bite and copy west coast music but not play it.