Author Topic: So long number 21... Garnett to wear number 5 for the Celtics.  (Read 282 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Garnett To Wear #5 For Boston?

July 31, 2007 - 2:54 pm
Christopher Reina/RealGM

With Kevin Garnett heading to Boston, his days of wearing number 21 are over.

The Celtics retired 21 back in 1966 to honor Hall of Famer Bill Sharman.

Jeff Twiss of the Celtics has informed RealGM that it appears Garnett will wear number 5.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Re: So long number 21... Garnett to wear number 5 for the Celtics.
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2007, 02:19:02 PM »
remember how bad san antonio was the year before they got duncan and david robinson went down....then two years later they ended up winning the championship

boston celtics =2008 or 2009 champs

and all i can say is DAMN IT, FUCKING DAMN IT!

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2007, 02:30:10 PM »
Outside the big three, their roster sucks ass...It'll take a while for them to be in championship talks.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2007, 03:12:03 PM »
in this NBA though that's all you really need. especially in the east. Scoring will NEVER be a problem inside or outside. they have one of the best rebounders in the nba. defense will be well enough to win. plus we have three vets who are HUNGRY to win. if not in 2008 . i give boston til 2009 to fill in any pieces to win that trophy. i HATE saying it but it's the LIKELY situation. granted that denver doesn't get better. but IMO those are the two teams of the future right there.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2007, 03:18:25 PM »
LOL...You're funny.  Neither Denver nor Boston will win a title within the next 5 year...Mark my words.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2007, 03:56:01 PM »
who's going to win the NBA title

-the lakers? even if they keep kobe, management isn't smart enough to surround him with talent and take charge leaders

- the spurs? maybe they can repeat in 2008, but they're a team that is slowing down and like the lakers in the threepeat era, teams are built around them, to beat them.

-the mavericks? maybe, however they've shown two years in a row that they can fold quickly once you exploit their weaknesses

- the heat? no way, when you run the offense through d wade now they're worse than when they run it through shaq. and you can't really run it through shaq forever, he's going to be pushing 40 here soon.

- the suns? maybe, however isthere enough youth on that team to sustain this offense, and if not how long will it take to rebuild around amare? i don't see it happening

-chicago bulls- strong possibility, they have a good young core, it's very possibile

-houston? no way, sure they have yoa, tracy, and franchise.....but then again they have yoa, tracy, and franchise.

-utah? it's a possibility, however the cornerstone of your franchise is a damn near 30 year old big man...it won't last long

- the pistons? maybe they still have an excellent core, but every addition just keeps getting older and older.

- the cavs? maybe, however they still need a few pieces....that arn't even on the board yet. so with thise core, no, but it's still up in the air.

- the sonics-no
-the hawks-no
- the blazers- maybe if they still had zach....but i doin't see it now or anytime soon
-new york- ha ha ha ha
-new jersey- no
- toronto- maybe the conf. finals but i dont see them going over the hump
- orlando- no
-charlotte-no
-new orleans-no
-memphis-no
-warriors- they still have a ways to go before they get to the trophy round.
-minnesota-no
-milwakee- no
-sixers-no
clippers-no
-kings-no
-pacers-no

so that leaves us with denver

who has carmello, iverson, camby, kenyon martin, nene, and a good supporting cast , next year quite possibly could be their year, i like their chances

now boston all of the sudden has

paul pierce, an amazing player in his own right. ray allen, an amazing player who can go outside. garnett who can rebound and create mismatch problems down low and score.....leadership won't be a problem because the load can be spread between these three players and none of them are really that demanding for the role. scoring won't be the problem , and defense will not really be that big of a problem . their only problem is filling a few minor gaps  , by playoff time in 2009 they could be THEE team.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2007, 04:03:36 PM »

-houston? no way, sure they have yoa, tracy, and franchise.....but then again they have yoa, tracy, and franchise.

-utah? it's a possibility, however the cornerstone of your franchise is a damn near 30 year old big man...it won't last long

LMAO... The irony.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2007, 04:14:39 PM »
houston is going to be goood, but i dont' think they'll hoist the trophy with yoa ming, tracy mcgrady and steve franchise at the helm. IMO they're easiliy exploited

utah is going to be good, but boozer is only going to get older and it's not like he's a legendary big man , he's carlos boozer.  and even if they climb their way to the finals, do you think deron williams, okur and ak47 are stronger than the combined power of Allen Garnett and Pierce. it could happen but it's not likely

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2007, 04:18:17 PM »
^^Both Utah and Houston have WAY more depth than Boston...

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2007, 04:21:28 PM »
^^Both Utah and Houston have WAY more depth than Boston...

true but like i said they have plenty of time still to fill in those gaps. they just need a good passing point guard and a comparible center and they'll do big thigns
« Last Edit: July 31, 2007, 04:23:12 PM by Don Jacob »

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2007, 05:50:50 PM »
Man let's just say the Celtics could become a powerhouse in the East.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

hisairness

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2007, 05:47:53 AM »
NIK can't accept that.  Nik is mad right now because Mitch didn't listen to him when he told him that he wanted Garnett.
NIK - World's worst moderator.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2007, 09:33:46 AM »
Can you for once speak without my name dick all up in your mouth?