Author Topic: Luis Scola wins the Fiba MVP  (Read 332 times)

GangstaBoogy

Luis Scola wins the Fiba MVP
« on: September 03, 2007, 12:04:09 AM »
Wow fuck basketball! This sport is just corrupt.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

wcsoldier

Re: Luis Scola wins the Fiba MVP
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2007, 02:43:20 AM »
Lol what's the point of this MVP trophy anyways ... Even if the opponents were very weak, Team USA impressed me ... if Lebron develops a consistent jumper, it's gonna be scary ... the only weakness is the 1 on 1 Defense in the paint ... Amare and Howard ain't Defending shit

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2007, 09:52:23 AM »
Argentina missed like 5 of their best players. So, without that Scola nigga, they would have been fucked maybe. Team USA on the other hand, would have qualified even without its best player.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2007, 10:44:32 AM »
^^Looks like people forgot the definition of M-V-P ever since Nash started winning 'em... :-\

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2007, 11:28:47 AM »
dude deserved it, like 7 said. without him argentina wouldn't have been the argentina we saw.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2007, 11:40:16 AM »
^^In that case, Chris Paul shoulda won MVP in his rookie year.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2007, 11:48:27 AM »
^^In that case, Chris Paul shoulda won MVP in his rookie year.

didn't chris paul get a third place vote or two in that year ?

i'm not 100% on that but i think he did

anyways chris paul did a very bang up job in that year. however there were many more players that were more outstanding them him

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2007, 11:52:42 AM »
I don't think any player turned their team around nearly as much that year, besides maybe Kobe. You look at Nash, he does a lot for his team, but there are still players in the NBA who would make a bigger difference if removed from their team... MVP awards are tainted. Scola is not MVP amongst players like Kobe, Melo, Kidd, etc.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2007, 09:50:55 PM »
^ yeah I don't see how it didn't go to Melo, Kobe, or Kidd.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2007, 12:43:51 AM »
i would have been more than thrilled if an american got it...dont' get me wrong, i think the winner should get the edge in the voting.

however mvp's are traditionally the player that means the most to their team. take scola off the team....do you think venezuela makes it to the gold medal game? however take melo/kobe/lebron or kidd off team usa, and you still have a chance of getting gold. STRONG chance.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2007, 12:45:28 AM »
I don't think any player turned their team around nearly as much that year, besides maybe Kobe. You look at Nash, he does a lot for his team, but there are still players in the NBA who would make a bigger difference if removed from their team... MVP awards are tainted. Scola is not MVP amongst players like Kobe, Melo, Kidd, etc.

i said it that year kobe should hav gotten it. not nash. but nash deserved it more than paul IMO.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2007, 10:19:07 AM »
i would have been more than thrilled if an american got it...dont' get me wrong, i think the winner should get the edge in the voting.

however mvp's are traditionally the player that means the most to their team. take scola off the team....do you think venezuela makes it to the gold medal game? however take melo/kobe/lebron or kidd off team usa, and you still have a chance of getting gold. STRONG chance.

That is not the definition of an MVP...In that case, weaker teams in the NBA should always get it, cuz a superstar removed from a weak team is usually worse than a superstar removed from a topdog...The definition of MVP became increasingly tainted ever since Nash started winning 'em. FIBA is just following the routine. Again, MVP in ANYTHING is usually the person who's best at what they do...No way Scola is the best amongst any of the names on the USA roster...PeACe

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2007, 07:18:21 PM »
are you saying argentina is a shit team,lol.

mvp's are not traditionally the best player in the league. sometimes they can be, but not necessarily. if they rewarded MVPS like that it'd kill the team game.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2007, 01:09:51 PM »
are you saying argentina is a shit team,lol.

mvp's are not traditionally the best player in the league. sometimes they can be, but not necessarily. if they rewarded MVPS like that it'd kill the team game.

Compared to USA, yes. To me, MVP is the most VALUABLE player in the league. It only makes sense that the most valuable is the BEST...Steve Nash ruined the award.