Author Topic: Sun Yue is gunna be GOOD...  (Read 959 times)

hisairness

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: Sun Yue is gunna be GOOD...
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2007, 06:35:22 PM »
NIK by looking at every pick's highlight videos, anyone can they they all have potential. I think you gotta look at an entire game before you start to judge the guy.

Sun Yue is a top level talent in China...He's a 6'8" point guard with excellent ball-handeling skills and athleticism. Based on what I've seen, dude has a future in the league. Now, there's no way to tell for sure how good he can be playing in the NBA, but tell me how many players out there, especially 6'8" point guards, are capable of making plays like these VVV

That's what everybody said about Wang Zhizhi and Menk Bateer...you could even through in the hype about Yuta Tabuse from Japan.
NIK - World's worst moderator.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2007, 07:42:17 PM »
Marc Gasol was a better pick that Sun Yue. He's not on his brothers level but he's a great passer for a big man. He could probably put up 10/8/2/1 in the his NBA rookie season.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2007, 09:35:08 PM »
Marc Gasol was a better pick that Sun Yue.

I wouldn't say that...Gasol is raw, Yue is already better than a lot of point guards currently in the league.

Sparegeez

« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2007, 09:52:45 PM »
NIK by looking at every pick's highlight videos, anyone can they they all have potential. I think you gotta look at an entire game before you start to judge the guy.

Sun Yue is a top level talent in China...He's a 6'8" point guard with excellent ball-handeling skills and athleticism. Based on what I've seen, dude has a future in the league. Now, there's no way to tell for sure how good he can be playing in the NBA, but tell me how many players out there, especially 6'8" point guards, are capable of making plays like these VVV

Yeah you have a great point and I wasn't debating weather this guy is good or not I'm just saying watching a highlight video is not a good way of judging a player.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2007, 09:59:10 PM »
unless this dude can help us get passed the first round he's still a boob noob.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2007, 02:45:21 AM »
^^Marc Gasol looks like he has potential too...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/maT6goJvbKs" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/maT6goJvbKs</a>

Marc Gasol has international experience, plus he has his brother already in the League which is a big advantage. He's very tight with his brother, and the two play togheter in the Spanish national team too. He's def a good late 2nd round pick. I mean he won't dominate, but he could be a Medvedenko type of player, if you know what i mean.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2007, 10:26:17 AM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/maT6goJvbKs" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/maT6goJvbKs</a>

Marc Gasol has international experience, plus he has his brother already in the League which is a big advantage. He's very tight with his brother, and the two play togheter in the Spanish national team too. He's def a good late 2nd round pick. I mean he won't dominate, but he could be a Medvedenko type of player, if you know what i mean.

I think he can be better than Medvedenko, considering he's not as soft...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2007, 10:26:52 AM »

Yeah you have a great point and I wasn't debating weather this guy is good or not I'm just saying watching a highlight video is not a good way of judging a player.

Yea, but it's a good way of judging what a player is capable of...

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2007, 11:57:29 AM »

I think he can be better than Medvedenko, considering he's not as soft...

Medvedenko was pretty good, man. He averaged almost 10 ppg with Phil.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2007, 01:53:38 PM »
Yea, that was Medvedenko maxing out...I still think Gasol has more potential than that, but who knows.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2007, 02:06:05 AM »
They're very different players tho'. I mean Gasol is a real Center. He's (damn) slow, but he has a pretty big body (actually he's huge!) and soft hands. He can pass the ball very well, plus he's european, so he has an high basketball IQ (*). He can help us, for sure. Medvedenko was more a PF, pretty quick for a big man, very aggressive, with a very good soft touch of the ball. Anyway.. we could see Marc in the European Cup Tournament with Spain soon.

(*) before someone misunderstand it, i don't mean europeans are more intelligent than afroamericans in general, but since they usually aren't blessed by God with crazy legs and shit, and they can't usually dunk from the ft line and shit, they are forced to find a different way to score. So they have to think more, to play schemes all the time, to learn to shoot from 3pts (see Garbajosa, Bargnani who both played as centers here, etc..), to learn how to pass the ball, to make pick-n-rolls, etc.. That's what i mean. It has nothing to do with intelligence.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2013, 03:13:52 PM »
what asian restaurant is he working at these days?

Sccit

« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2013, 03:48:40 PM »
LOL, THE CHINESE MAGIC JOHNSON > JEREMY LIN

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2013, 04:26:15 PM »
LOL, THE CHINESE MAGIC JOHNSON > JEREMY LIN

i'll take the guy who dropped 38 on your Lakers

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201202100NYK.html