Author Topic: Lil' Wyte Releasing "The One And Only" June 5  (Read 106 times)

Damien J.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Lil' Wyte Releasing "The One And Only" June 5
« on: May 23, 2007, 01:27:53 AM »
After delivering two successful independent albums with Three 6 Mafia's Hypnotize Minds imprint - Doubt Me Now in 2003 and Phinally Phamous in 2004 - Memphis native Lil' Wyte is bringing his club-friendly, heartfelt style to an even bigger audience. He spent the past three years touring, promoting and recording, and is ready to take his creative and business endeavors to new heights. The new album, The One and Only, will be released June 5 on Hypnotize Minds/Asylum.

Fully produced by Oscar-winning group Three 6 Mafia, The One and Only brings 19 full tracks of Lil' Wyte's signature intensity. Setting things off with the energetic first single "I Got Dat Candy", Wyte brings diversity to his lyrical styling throughout the album. Project Pat and Three 6 Mafia are the only features on the project, as it was important for the young MC to deliver his own sound and message. Wyte's personal favorite tracks on the album include "Talkin’ Ain’t Walkin’" – which was featured during his appearance on Three 6 Mafia's Adventures In Hollyhood show on MTV – and "Feelin’ Real Pimpish" featuring Project Pat.

With The One and Only, Lil’ Wyte hopes to prove that there is a lot more versatility coming from the South than people may recognize. "I’ve always felt like I was a pretty complex rapper to be from the South - I feel like I put a lot into my music," he says. "This album, I went for more simplicity, but I still gave it my all. There’s so much music on the radio that’s just not doing it for me, and I know a million people like me that it ain’t doing it for them either. When Three 6 Mafia brings out a new CD, the person that’s on them beats rapping has damn near the control to create whatever the hell they want to create."

Wyte is no stranger to promoting himself, having sold nearly 200,000 copies each of his first two albums without major label support. While he acknowledges the success that comes from his affiliations, he is most intent on building a strong musical foundation that will make history. "Without the music there’s no heads bobbing, no folks mobbing in the crowd, nobody getting into fights over a song called ‘Tear The Club Up’ - there’s nothing," he expresses. "To me, music is everything - it’s the harmony of the earth. Universe stands for one song - that says it’s harmony right there."

Source: www.yoraps.com
Yo! Raps - The Game Belongs To Us | www.yoraps.com

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
Re: Lil' Wyte Releasing "The One And Only" June 5
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2007, 11:45:57 AM »
Propz for the info. Good lookin'.

Konvict

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2007, 04:50:53 PM »
bump this shit Lil Wytes the illest white boy ever to spit on a mic no bullshittin

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2007, 06:19:10 PM »
I bought it a couple weeks ago. I think Phinally Phamous is better though but album is still tight.