Author Topic: Chris Webber to the Mavs?  (Read 191 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Chris Webber to the Mavs?
« on: August 06, 2007, 11:46:14 AM »
C-Webb to Mavs, really?

So the Internet's blowing up tonight (Sunday) with reports that an LA radio station has C-Webb, yes, Chris Webber, ready to sign a deal with the Mavericks, with the Mavs giving him the full mid-level exception, $5.36 million...hey, why not? might as well spend the thing, and C-Webb could become a signature add if his veteran body can hold up and if he's ready to embrace a reserve role on a team led by a coach with unwavering championship aspirations.

I don't know about you, but late summer Sundays are for relaxing with family, so I gave Donnie Nelson a rare Sunday night off. Eddie Jones is expected to be at the Mavs' offices for a physical Monday before his deal for $1.83 million this season can be finalized.

Perhaps Webber is close in tow. The Mavs clearly could use veteran help to back up Dirk and help Avery ease up just a bit on Dirk's minutes while feeling comfortable that the sub can hold the fort for a few minutes. The Mavs have long had their eye on Webber and P.J. Brown, who's been mulling retirement, but could also command the full MLE from the Mavs or Phoenix or Boston or maybe even others -- everyone it seems needs size in the paint.

Webber has said it's either Detroit or Dallas, so if he signs with the Mavs, figure Brown heads to the Suns. That would make for some interesting analysis of two aging forward-centers as the season goes along.

For Webber, to sign with the Mavs has to be a little strange seeing how his career forever changed at the AAC during the 2003 playoffs when he blew out his knee in a horrible injury under the basket. That Sacramento team was really good and still took the Mavs to 7 games. With Webber healthy throughout, I think that Kings team could have won the championship. The Spurs beat the Mavs (without Dirk) in six games in the West finals and went on to win it all.

-- Jeff

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Chris Webber to the Mavs?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007, 05:41:30 PM »
he's not worth the money as he's been overpaid for a while and got a huge buyout and shit, but then again you wont get nobody more valuable than him for the MLE so how about just spending that fucker. i'd be fine with it. good passer and a big.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007, 09:38:45 AM »
lmao just what they needed another choke artist with no heart
I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2007, 11:55:30 AM »

hes got plenty of heart

The Best of 3 Worlds

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2007, 12:16:50 PM »

hes got plenty of heart

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2007, 01:11:36 PM »

hes got plenty of heart

LOL. Webber and heart in the same sentence?...PLEASE.